Forums are back in action! ×

Mine is more like couscous as well. I could try pulsing it in my ninja blender less next time. I love the idea that I can has ALL THE RICE products without having the carbs

Same!

Does it taste like cauliflower at all? Because that is the only vegetable I hate. I made some once and it definitely tasted of cauliflower but I am wondering if I might have ballsed it up?

Mine doesn't taste like cauliflower at all! I sprung it on my unsuspecting father and he didn't know it was cauliflower until I told him. I think the keys for my dish were: 

1. bacon! I started the process by cutting up about 5 bacon slices into little bits, and then put them straight in the wok (no oil). The bacon grease formed the basis of my flavor profile.

2. I took out the bacon bits

3. then I cooked the onions/shallots/garlic mixture in the bacon grease and then added veggies ( carrots and zucchini for me), good quality dark sesame oil (SUPER IMPORTANT), ground ginger, sambal oelek (garlic chile paste) and tamari (gluten free soy sauce).

4.Also plus salt and pepper.

5.Then added the bacon bits back in,

6. moved veg to one side of the pan, put scrambled egg mixture in the other side and cooked it

7. put the cauliflower in last, added a bit of extra tamari and bacon grease (I have a tub of saved bacon grease in my fridge) and stirred around until the cauliflower was soft and also had taken on the color of the sauce like normal fried rice does.

8. Finally added sliced green onion and stirred it in

9. optional step I didn't do but would next time is add some sesame seeds for garnish before serving. 

• Like 2

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Same!

Mine doesn't taste like cauliflower at all! I sprung it on my unsuspecting father and he didn't know it was cauliflower until I told him. I think the keys for my dish were: 

So much more complicated and better sounding than mine.

I cut up a chicken breast into smaller than 1 inch cubes. added salt, pepper, garlic, and S&B seasoning.

Put about 2 Tbsp of alive oil into a hot pan then threw the chicken in to cook.

I put in one cup of cauliflower rice/couscous with about 1.5 Tbsp of soy sauce

let this cook for about 2 mins while mixing

I added two eggs to the pan and mixed everything together

stir occasionally until eggs are cooked

serve and enjoy! 

super quick took me about 15 mins to prep and cook.

• Like 2

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

So much more complicated and better sounding than mine.

I cut up a chicken breast into smaller than 1 inch cubes. added salt, pepper, garlic, and S&B seasoning.

Yes i do tend to make very complicated/involved recipes. Yours sounds delicious (and much quicker than mine!)

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Don't forget to put those amazing recipes in our cookbook!

I don't like cauliflower, but I think I will give it a try someday :)

The next challenge will be about distance traveled. Does anyone know a good app to track distance? (android preferably :P )

Yes, I like planning ahead

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

The Doodlie Cookbook will be extremely useful this autumn, when studying continues and I need to get new recipes easily :)

The next challenge will be about distance traveled. Does anyone know a good app to track distance? (android preferably :tongue: )

Hmm... I just always count the distance with Google Maps, but then again :D

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

The next challenge will be about distance traveled. Does anyone know a good app to track distance? (android preferably :tongue: )

Go old skill and figure out your pace count and use that  :playful:

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

could always get zombies run or something with GPS and use that on your droid device!

I could never keep track of that during the orienteering portion of boot camp / MCT. I would always lose track of my count.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I could never keep track of that during the orienteering portion of boot camp / MCT. I would always lose track of my count.

:witless: Marines.  Or if I remember correctly... Military Intelligence  :numbness:

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

:witless: Marines.  Or if I remember correctly... Military Intelligence  :numbness:

Hey, I get the irony. It also didn't help that I was usually paired up with people who couldnt even read a map/compass.  Also Military intelligence in an organization which is known (to the general public and even some other branches) to shoot/blow up anything and everything that moves is an oxymoron.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

And if you count between the lightning and the thunder, divide that by the distance you know exactly how fast you counted :P

My pace varies by the speed of the minions ;)

I think i'll be relying on google maps

• Like 1
Spoiler

Hey, I get the irony. It also didn't help that I was usually paired up with people who couldnt even read a map/compass.  Also Military intelligence in an organization which is known (to the general public and even some other branches) to shoot/blow up anything and everything that moves is an oxymoron.

I always loved the estimates they give of the enemy.  "Enemy forces are estimated to be between 5 and 500" 

• Like 1

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

I always loved the estimates they give of the enemy.  "Enemy forces are estimated to be between 5 and 500" 

Hey we have to try and figure out real math from afghan math. Afghan math says there are between 500 and 3000 personnel in a given area when in truth there are 3. other times there are about 15 when in reality there are closer to 30-40. and sometimes there are about 100 when in fact there are only 100 people in that area and most are non-combatants. Man I hated Afghan math....

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Hey we have to try and figure out real math from afghan math. Afghan math says there are between 500 and 3000 personnel in a given area when in truth there are 3. other times there are about 15 when in reality there are closer to 30-40. and sometimes there are about 100 when in fact there are only 100 people in that area and most are non-combatants. Man I hated Afghan math....

I hated pretty much any information we got from Afghans.  I was working as a medic for some MPs and we were at an ANP post to help with security while some engineers beefed up the defenses.  Had some ANP run up and tell my that one of their guys cut himself with a saw and was bleeding really bad so I pulled out my bad and started grabbing things I might need for a bad bleed...  I've cut myself worse shaving and these guys were freaking out.

• Like 1

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

I was working with the 5th SOK commandos as partner forces (i had no interaction), but they were much better than the regular ANA guys.... The NDS wasn't too bad. if you want an interesting read here are the various perceptions that people had of ANSF, US forces, and terps. really starts on page 11. was put together after a huge spike of green on blue attacks

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB370/docs/Document%2011.pdf

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

I was working with the 5th SOK commandos as partner forces (i had no interaction), but they were much better than the regular ANA guys.... The NDS wasn't too bad. if you want an interesting read here are the various perceptions that people had of ANSF, US forces, and terps. really starts on page 11. was put together after a huge spike of green on blue attacks

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB370/docs/Document%2011.pdf

ANA and ANP were a joke.  ANCOP and SOK were both tough bastards that wouldn't run from a fight.

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

ANA and ANP were a joke.  ANCOP and SOK were both tough bastards that wouldn't run from a fight.

Agreed and with support from really anyone the ALP were tough bastards that didn't fuck around. They just needed the ANA/ANP to provide basic log support the 3Bs (beans, bullets, and bandaids)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Agreed and with support from really anyone the ALP were tough bastards that didn't fuck around. They just needed the ANA/ANP to provide basic log support the 3Bs (beans, bullets, and bandaids)

I will say that no matter what unit you worked with, get them on the mountains and they really shined.  Those bastards were at least half mountain goat.  Never before had I seen someone literally run down the side of a mountain.

• Like 1

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

I like to plan ahead too.  I use runkeeper and Zombies Run for running and walks and I use Road Bike for riding.  I also have the app Speedbox but I find it is less reliable.  

Are we counting all miles/km equally or are we scaling biking so it is comparable to walking/running?  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

And another recipe done...  PB & J yogurt.  What a brilliant idea.  I'm glad I found it.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I like to plan ahead too.  I use runkeeper and Zombies Run for running and walks and I use Road Bike for riding.  I also have the app Speedbox but I find it is less reliable.  

Are we counting all miles/km equally or are we scaling biking so it is comparable to walking/running?  

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I think equally is easier, but maybe I'm just lazy :P How would you scale it?

• Like 1
Spoiler

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I think equally is easier, but maybe I'm just lazy :tongue: How would you scale it?

was only thinking to equally motivate the walkers as well as the bikers.  I was thinking something like 2.5 or 3 miles on foot is equivalent to a mile biked?  So take the miles/km biked and divide by whichever number.   I'm fine keeping them the same too.  

was only thinking to equally motivate the walkers as well as the bikers.  I was thinking something like 2.5 or 3 miles on foot is equivalent to a mile biked?  So take the miles/km biked and divide by whichever number.   I'm fine keeping them the same too.  

I think dividing by 3 should work. You go approximately 3 times as fast on a bike than by foot.

Spoiler