Forums are back in action! ×

14 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Ibuprofen didn't make a dent, so I took some excedrin too, which is helping, but boy, not enough

Tylenol??

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 7/26/2017 at 10:06 AM, ixaera said:

It's currently being distracted by a major crick in the neck that I think I gave myself during pullovers. Woke up with it, it sucks, and there's MAJOR PMS... debating skipping cardio for some ffxiv time.

NOT THE WORST DISTRACTION TBH

The only thing that's saved my neck cricks is a combo of a Tiger Balm patch + Excedrin.  They are seriously life-enders.  ;___________________;

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

NOT THE WORST DISTRACTION TBH

The only thing that's saved my neck cricks is a combo of a Tiger Balm patch + Excedrin.  They are seriously life-enders.  ;___________________;

It's 50% better today with only the ibuprofen PHEW

I woke up and it was the same but I did a back circuit at the gym which helped (yay bloodflow!) Hopefully that effect lasts.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ixaera said:

It's 50% better today with only the ibuprofen PHEW

I woke up and it was the same but I did a back circuit at the gym which helped (yay bloodflow!) Hopefully that effect lasts.

Is it sad that I get surprised and elated when someone uses effect/affect correctly?

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

Same thing with "a lot" and "should have."

• Like 1

Yesterday I did things! Wednesday I did my 30 minutes of steady state cardio, too. 

Things I did:

Barbell Squats

1x10 45 lbs

3x10 65 lbs

Back circuit 4x

9 reps 20 lbs back extensions

15 reps 40 lbs cable face pulls

7 reps 65 lbs t-bar rows

Then I went to work and made it there ON TIME so that was just enough gymming. 

After work, I continued with:

Leg Press

5x5 180 lbs

Circuit 3x

15 reps 20 lbs thrusters (or squat presses, whatever)

10 reps 50 lbs cable wide-grip pull down

30 reps 20 lbs lunges (15 each leg)

I've also been walking 1-2 times a day at work when I can take the break.

• Like 3

nice job! how was it splitting up your workout into two parts?

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

29 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice job! how was it splitting up your workout into two parts?

Honestly? It was okay and doable. I'd rather do it all at once and then not have to manage changing four times per day lol... the traffic is better going home later though. The good news is like 5 minutes ago our boss asked us our "preferred work schedule" so I said 9-5 no lunch or 9-6 with lunch, which would let me do it all in the morning. We'll see where this goes!

• Like 2

I'm impressed with splitting up the workouts, mostly because of the wardrobe changes. :D Once I get out of my sports bra I don't want to look at it let alone wear another one in a few hours. 

Good lunch with the preferred work schedule! 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

6 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I'm impressed with splitting up the workouts, mostly because of the wardrobe changes. :D Once I get out of my sports bra I don't want to look at it let alone wear another one in a few hours. 

Good lunch with the preferred work schedule! 

mmmm lunch!

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have asked for 6-3, then start doing barbell stuff after work, but I didn't think of it til just now, and I'm not sure I could get up that early anyway.

Oh yeah, and FEEL ya on the sports bra. It's a trial getting those things on and off if they have any capacity to smoosh my stupid boobs down.

• Like 2

HAPPY ACTUAL FRIDAY NOW OK

Glad the neck crick hecked the heck off.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

SPORTS BRAS ARE THE DEVILS HANDIWORK >:[

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

Am I the only fool who has more trouble putting on sports bras than taking them off?? It's madness.

No, I have trouble both ways, but at least going on my skin is dry and my arms aren't tired lol 

I have one MAGIC one that I wear probably way too often because it's racer back but the top part that's sewn together is down lower, and the other part that connects is an eye hook like a regular bra, so it's MUCH MUCH MUCH easier. I need like 17 more of those things

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Am I the only fool who has more trouble putting on sports bras than taking them off?? It's madness.

Both are equally horrendous for me, stupid bras and stupid boobs. 

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Friday the plan was to go do some elliptical after work, keep the cardio going, BUT I was having a wardrobe malfunction (macguyvering feminine products is no fun) AND my lunch plans fell through, so I was hungry and ended up leaving early to go home to eat and fix the wardrobe problem. Once home I am rarely one to go back out.

Instead I went today, and since attempting to cut, I'm going to scale back to 3x per week, especially since Saturday at the gym is way busier at my preferred time than Sunday. Going to adjust workouts to be more full body as a result.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Friday the plan was to go do some elliptical after work, keep the cardio going, BUT I was having a wardrobe malfunction (macguyvering feminine products is no fun) AND my lunch plans fell through, so I was hungry and ended up leaving early to go home to eat and fix the wardrobe problem. Once home I am rarely one to go back out.

This is just the worst. Sorry. Team Homebody represent. I'll question whether I need to eat again or if I can cobble SOMETHING together from what exists in fridge and pantry.

• Like 3

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

18 hours ago, Urgan said:

I'll question whether I need to eat again or if I can cobble SOMETHING together from what exists in fridge and pantry.

Oh man this should seriously be a life skill.  "I've got bread crumbs, two eggs, some marinara, and chicken bouillon.  I got this."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh man this should seriously be a life skill.  "I've got bread crumbs, two eggs, some marinara, and chicken bouillon.  I got this."

Get some shakshuka all up in this. 

• Like 2

Dinners like a can of tuna and some wacky noodles and frozen edamame have happened this way

I got 58.5 lbs over my head but failed 60 lbs. Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

Honestly, this is better than expected considering the long amount of time I didn't train OHP while the lumbar was healing enough to handle it. Seems to handle it fine now. I haven't tried 70 lbs squats again in a while, but will again sometime soonish. I'm unsure if the issue is 70 lbs spinal compression, FLAT (as in, forget 70 lbs over the head, or 70 lbs split squats), or if it's just at the point of most pressure on the lumbar at the bottom there, which of course would be over 70 lbs and be better news for my chosen leg strengtheners.

Gym was so busy and hot today. I walked out looking like a wrung out washcloth.

• Like 1

Oh man, I forgot how nice home prepared meals that are mainly lean meat and veggies and carbs feel in the belly <3 Consider me pumped for trying to feed myself well again. I think the fog is lifting... Maybe...

Today I did this:

Barbell Squats

1x10 45 lbs

3x10 65 lbs

At some point during the warm up, a guy probably like 22 years old and barely bigger than me (was squatting big numbers though) goes "that's a deadlift bar"

Yeah, I know. "It has a lot of whip, you want the power bar or squat bar." Well, whip doesn't matter because I'm not putting hardly any weight on it. It won't whip hardly at all, because a couple of 10 lb plates aren't going to generate that kind of force. It's 45 lbs still anyway, I say. I ask him if he wants my deadlift bar for deadlifts or something, when he doesn't immediately accept my answer. "Naw," he says and goes away. Okay dude. Thanks or whatever vOv

NOTE: I had the deadlift bar because the deadlift bar started on that rack and I was too lazy to move it and didn't have a good enough reason to.

Overhead Press

2x3 45 lbs

1x5 50 lbs

1x3 52.5 lbs

1x1 55 lbs

1x1 57 lbs

1x1 58.5 lbs

failed 60 lb attempt, kinda feel like part of that was my fault, bad set up maybe bad bar path because I was nervous and it felt heavy

Bulgarian Split Squats

5x5 55 lbs

It did not whip

Bench Press

1x5 45 lbs

1x3 55 lbs

1x1 65 lbs

4x8 70 lbs

Challenging, just the right amount of weight for this set structure

Shoulder Circuit x3

15 reps 10 lbs (total) lateral db raises

8 reps 10 lbs front db raises

8 reps 10 lbs rear db flies

Pretty tough. The gym was busy, lots of regulars who know each other and do the strongman workshops together. Some instagram girls stretching their hips. No A/C and I was feeling it by George, drank my whole tank of water and still wanted more water oof.

Did 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2 mph, just to get some walking in.

My protein has been pretty bad this week, have managed to average out at 1422 calories, which isn't much on the cut, but eh. I basically have about 19 days to BS around before my trip, after which I'm going to be doing something more serious anyway. In the meantime, just trying not to explode out of clothes in the bad way. And then, I mean, especially since my back STILL does not want me to squat much or deadlift (SIGH, never hurt your disc, it fucking sucks everyone, when can I do this stuff without it blowing up again??). I get warning signs from it sometimes just doing any kind of back strengthening. Sometimes even planks are like "ehhhhhhhh I dunno if that sensation is normal". But everyday life is fine, no weird toepain most of the time, so I don't think I'm worsening it.

My 18 day pre-trip goals mainly include this:

Don't overeat on calories (cut optional)
PROTEIN, get at least 95g plz

Eat good foods, get veggies, lean meats, eggs n stuff

Eat vitamins

Move around (walking and basic elliptical stuff to counteract all the sitting I do)

Do the stronk

Do stretching and rolling

Basic stuff til the 18th, when the trip begins and I will have FAR less control over menu and movement for 9 days.

.... maybe I will does the 8/5 4 week challenge???

umyb.gif

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ixaera said:

Dinners like a can of tuna and some wacky noodles and frozen edamame have happened this way

7 years ago this meal happened more often than it ought to have. Did you live next door to me or somethin'???

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

me point during the warm up, a guy probably like 22 years old and barely bigger than me (was squatting big numbers though) goes "that's a deadlift bar"

Yeah, I know. "It has a lot of whip, you want the power bar or squat bar." Well, whip doesn't matter because I'm not putting hardly any weight on it. It won't whip hardly at all, because a couple of 10 lb plates aren't going to generate that kind of force. It's 45 lbs still anyway, I say. I ask him if he wants my deadlift bar for deadlifts or something, when he doesn't immediately accept my answer. "Naw," he says and goes away. Okay dude. Thanks or whatever vOv

NOTE: I had the deadlift bar because the deadlift bar started on that rack and I was too lazy to move it and didn't have a good enough reason to.

You too with the irrational man behavior? Ugh. Oi. UGH. WHY.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

7 years ago this meal happened more often than it ought to have. Did you live next door to me or somethin'???

What's sad is I am NOT a fan of canned tuna at all, I just keep it around because it's very handy in emergencies. So if I end up using it this way, you KNOW the situation is dire in the pantry lol

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

You too with the irrational man behavior? Ugh. Oi. UGH. WHY.

UGH WHY indeed

One reason I love this gym is this is SUPER rare. Been going a year now and this MIGHT be the first time it's happened there? I don't think I've run into this particular guy before, either. Most of the people there are happy to be like "whatever" and not care too much about what other people are doing (though presumably someone would help if another person were hurt, no incidents to reference for that, though).

• Like 2