Forums are back in action! ×

45 minutes ago, ixaera said:

What's sad is I am NOT a fan of canned tuna at all, I just keep it around because it's very handy in emergencies. So if I end up using it this way, you KNOW the situation is dire in the pantry lol

Emergency food for which you are not otherwise tempted, lol.

45 minutes ago, ixaera said:

UGH WHY indeed

One reason I love this gym is this is SUPER rare. Been going a year now and this MIGHT be the first time it's happened there? I don't think I've run into this particular guy before, either. Most of the people there are happy to be like "whatever" and not care too much about what other people are doing (though presumably someone would help if another person were hurt, no incidents to reference for that, though).

At least he wasn't beinga complete arse?? Just weird as heck?

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Emergency food for which you are not otherwise tempted, lol.

egggggggggggggggsactly

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

At least he wasn't beinga complete arse?? Just weird as heck?

Yeah, he was well-intentioned? And in order for what he said to matter, he was assuming I was putting WEIGHT on the bar, so at least it wasn't "aw weak girl" it was more "aw poor girl don't know her bars"

I wish I were able to squat the weight it would take to get whip in that bar!

I actually came here to do this right now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoiler

Nothing bad, just it's a HELL of a Monday morning and I am very unfriendly and prickly right now, and I have zero patience and zero capability to deal with bullshit at the moment. Bullshit including chatty coworker next to me (also trainee that is not catching on, partly not his fault, because that's what happens when you throw a 0 experience 0 skill employee at an intermediate experience/skill job) chatting while I'm OBVIOUSLY working (also he followed me to the work gym Thursday, NOT COOL I NEED SPACE), and obnoxious coworker with no stake in a thing I'm doing trying to micromanage MY work (seriously asking me stuff like "did you test this" wtf do you think that I am? some green noob who's never pulled a data file before? eff the heck off. is it self-defense if I'm defending my sanity?????

7d446357d818b0ae36e3e1677943d39e.gif

• Like 1

I'm also having a serious case of the MOndays and I think I need a moment away from my desk. May I suggest we both get up and go for a walk inside or around the outside of the building and breath some area not immediately occupied by other people? 

Either that or snap some pencils. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Do the stronk

YAS

Do the stronk.

I'm thinking about doing the next 4WC too.  Hmhmhmhmhm.

Also FRICK THE MONDAY, why does it have to be like this, we are reasonable adults in a somewhat civilized society why do we need this Monday bullshittery. :[  Hope you come out fairly unscathed on the other side~

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm also having a serious case of the MOndays and I think I need a moment away from my desk. May I suggest we both get up and go for a walk inside or around the outside of the building and breath some area not immediately occupied by other people? 

Either that or snap some pencils. 

I did walk! It was good. Some alone time helped. Might do it again later. Still grumpy but the day's more than half over, I'm reading Summer Knight on the elliptical after work and kind of looking forward to that. I wish I could eat my protein shake NOW though, alas it's at home.

1 hour ago, shaar said:

YAS

Do the stronk.

I'm thinking about doing the next 4WC too.  Hmhmhmhmhm.

Also FRICK THE MONDAY, why does it have to be like this, we are reasonable adults in a somewhat civilized society why do we need this Monday bullshittery. :[  Hope you come out fairly unscathed on the other side~

FRICK. THE. MONDAY.

Honestly this isn't like this every week, I just think I got bombed by DOMS, a busy day yesterday, hormones, and sudden Things That I Don't Like happening all at once. Everyone seems to have taken the hint, which is good because I was super on the verge of just eating a lot of lentils and hotboxing the area to keep people away via fumes.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I was super on the verge of just eating a lot of lentils and hotboxing the area to keep people away via fumes.

This made me laugh exceptionally hard THANK YOU, I'm glad people are at least leaving you alone now???

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ixaera said:

Everyone seems to have taken the hint, which is good because I was super on the verge of just eating a lot of lentils and hotboxing the area to keep people away via fumes.

hehe, I'd just suggest these instead, a more delicious way to ruin the air around you. Trust me.

https://www.atkins.com/products/bars/meals/mocha-almond-bar 

So delicious, high protein, high fiber, and high gaseous fumes. 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

hehe, I'd just suggest these instead, a more delicious way to ruin the air around you. Trust me.

https://www.atkins.com/products/bars/meals/mocha-almond-bar 

So delicious, high protein, high fiber, and high gaseous fumes. 

YESSSSS

These look amazing and have perfect macros to solve the problem I'm currently having with getting a cold smoothie to work post-gym. (Hint: I tried it today and it's still frozen. I'm hoping to at least have it for lunch?)

UPDATE:

Monday I ellipticaled while reading Summer Knight. That was a-OK.

Tuesday I did this stuff:

In the morning, I did bench press in the good gym, 5/3/1 (5 rep) style. It was medium to easy.

1x5 45 lbs

1x5 50 lbs

1x5 60 lbs

(oops I warmed up based on a 100 lb training max my b, probably doesn't matter much)

1x5 60 lbs (this is where I noticed I warmed up wrong, I was supposed to do 58.5 and thought it'd be silly to do that at this point)
1x5 67.5 lbs

1x8 76.5 lbs (I didn't push for 9 but may have had it in the tank, maybe)

1x3 81 lbs

1x3 85.5 lbs

1x3 90 lbs

Closed off with 3 rep jokers.

Then some cable face pulls

4x8 50 lbs boom

Went to work, did a couple of walks

Then went to work gym after work.

Did leg machine stuff, their leg extension feels much heavier than the gym one

leg extension

4x8 25 lbs (this felt like 55 lbs at the good gym)

leg curls

4x8 55 lbs (this felt normal)

Light shoulder presses

4x8 30 lbs

Abs & Arms Circuit 5x

planks 30 sec

8 rep DB pullovers 25 lbs

8 rep DB standing curls 15 lbs (per hand)

9 close hand incline pushups (small incline)

• Like 4

OH AND FOOD

Just been trying to cut a little without feeling poopy

Only possible with wholesome food so been doing better at that the last few days. Made an instant pot thing that was shredded sesame chicken, added broccoli and sticky rice. Not amazing, but pretty good for being so easy. Egg white feta spinach cups, toast, that sort of thing. Bananas sometimes. Protein shakes.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, ixaera said:

Just been trying to cut a little without feeling poopy

The real struggle, ugh.

How can a 100 calorie difference matter SO MUCH!?!?!!??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shaar said:

The real struggle, ugh.

How can a 100 calorie difference matter SO MUCH!?!?!!??

Dat homeostasis tho. It bedevils us all from time to time. Sometimes that's once in a while, sometimes that's every single day lol.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

14 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Additionally, have, like ANY junk and BAM lol you get to feel like crap as if you skipped calories \o/ only now here's a sodium-induced weight bump! TROLLOLOLOL

I ate a bag of gummy bears last weekend (like over the course of a day, whoopsies)..

RIP rest in pepperonis, felt like death was gonna take me.  GOOD LORD.

It may sound really dumb and obvious, but cutting out the vending machines made a huge Huge HUGE difference in my energy levels. I don't reach for junky junk that much on the average day (dark chocolate squares only), tho I will buy foo-foo coffee as my treat. If only bedtime weren't such a battle. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It may sound really dumb and obvious, but cutting out the vending machines made a huge Huge HUGE difference in my energy levels. I don't reach for junky junk that much on the average day (dark chocolate squares only), tho I will buy foo-foo coffee as my treat. If only bedtime weren't such a battle. 

For me a banana > pack of popcorn any day for energy, even though they have similar carb macros. But if I don't have a banana I do what I must, and get carbs some way over no way. Stupid lack of bananas. Prep > all.

I've been bringing smoothies to work frozen on early morning gym days and it's made a big difference, too (over, like, restaurant food or vending machine snacks). Keeping it up and not getting lazy with food prep is the hard part. :3

My treats tend to be cookies or chips or something. I've managed to ixnay on the ugarsay (in the form of, like, pure sugar candy I mean, not actually cutting out sugar).

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Today I feel suspiciously awesome. My calories are bordering 1300, protein nice and high, and yesterday I had no junk at all. Today I'm like, adding reps to circuits vOv no complaints, though

Image result for suspiciously awesome gif

Awesome!

35 minutes ago, shaar said:

I ate a bag of gummy bears last weekend (like over the course of a day, whoopsies)..

RIP rest in pepperonis, felt like death was gonna take me.  GOOD LORD.

Sugar backlash is the worst!

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I'm surprised the vending machine was sapping that much energy. Like I know it's not healthy food but wouldn't have figured stopping it would make that big of a difference. That's awesome that you have higher energy levels now!

I found a "chocolate" that I like even better than dark chocolate, which is my favorite. Cocacao is made with coconut and cacao powder and all I need is 1 piece to get the sugar/chocolatey goodness boost I need. Lol  

• Like 3

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Awesome!

It's a bit of burning the candle at both ends, so I know it cannot last lol

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I found a "chocolate" that I like even better than dark chocolate, which is my favorite. Cocacao is made with coconut and cacao powder and all I need is 1 piece to get the sugar/chocolatey goodness boost I need. Lol  

I looked it up, since I like chocolate :3 Sadly, they have not made it to Dallas at all. BUT one of my favorite whole 30 friendly treats is Sprouts's date coconut rolls and those larabar mini apple pie things. Not chocolate at all, though, and dates are a bit too much on the high sugar side and they aren't terribly filling for the cals. (Neither is chocolate though, so 6 vs six I guess.)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I'm surprised the vending machine was sapping that much energy. Like I know it's not healthy food but wouldn't have figured stopping it would make that big of a difference. That's awesome that you have higher energy levels now!

Ironically, I was hitting the vending machine to make up for calorie deficit/poor planning. Didn't even like what I was eating all that much (mainly poptarts). Cue real food.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

HELLO TO YOU

Things I have been doing successfully still:
Cutting calories and eating real food

30 min elliptical on non-lift days

lifts

Yesterday's lifts:

Barbell squats

1x10 45 lbs

3x10 66 lbs

Gettin sneaky on my back, 66 was fine, is still fine today.

OHP, medium effort

5x6 45 lbs

Back circuit x4

20 lbs 10 reps roman chair extensions

40 lbs 15 reps face pulls

65 lbs 2x8 2x7 reps T-bar rows

WENT TO WORK

after work did this in the work gym:

Leg Press

5x6 180 lbs

Machine Chest Press (light effort)

4x8 40 lbs

Leggy Latty Circuit x4

30 lbs 8 reps squat thrusters

65 lbs 7 reps lat pull downs (the work one is really heavy in comparison to the gym one)

30 lbs 8 reps (each side) lunges

Cutting makes me SLEEPY. Can't wait for the maintenance break over vacation~

• Like 3

doing good works. glad your back is behaving!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current