Forums are back in action! ×

My rear end is MUCH better now. I have full range of motion again, and the pain is almost gone. I'm still taking ibuprofen and will do so through tomorrow, and then I can stop taking it.  Lesson learned: Warm ups and Cool downs matter! I'm so relieved. When I couldn't lift my leg, I was so concerned I was going to have to go through a whole process to fix my butt, and now we can just laugh about it. But I bet we could've come up with a lot more bum humor. :D 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

But I bet we could've come up with a lot more bum humor.

Somehow, those muscles are often the ones that get overworked .... I'm sure there will be more opportunities for fun in out future ..... ?

• Haha 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

7 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Somehow, those muscles are often the ones that get overworked .... I'm sure there will be more opportunities for fun in out future ..... ?

You're so right! Why is it after pulling a thing, it is so vulnerable to future injuries? Also, I was really surprised by how often I use those muscles when doing other things, and I found myself saying "I shouldn't have skipped arm days so often!" LOL.  

There was a friend of mine who started going to the gym every day. He started off at like 20 minutes and ten years later, he's at the gym for like 2-3 hours, depending on what his workout is. He never really talked about the cause of his decision, but he was basically saying that he wanted to give his body more support to do it's job instead of adding to its burden. And I really like that idea of being supportive of my body's working instead of piling on extra work. Part of me wants to write to him and say "Did you pull a butt muscle back then? Was that what motivated you?"  LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

And I really like that idea of being supportive of my body's working instead of piling on extra work.

Oh I like this way of viewing it!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Part of me wants to write to him and say "Did you pull a butt muscle back then? Was that what motivated you?"

I'll confess: this recent discussion inspired me to do some glute bridges yesterday.  :D

• Haha 3

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

37 minutes ago, RES said:

Oh I like this way of viewing it!

Thanks! It just struck me this morning. My mom always says "Is this helping me or not?" and I think it finally clicked with me what she's meant all these years lol. 

27 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

I'll confess: this recent discussion inspired me to do some glute bridges yesterday.  :D

HA! I love this so much! May your ass be strong and mighty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I'm getting my covid shot, and my flu shot, which means I will feel pretty bad for the next couple of days. I remember last year it was rough, but honestly, I know myself and making two separate appointments is going to be more inconvenient. I'm planning on feeling 100% Friday and that's when I'll begin my new full body strengthening sessions complete with warm ups and cool downs. I'm going to aim for Mondays and Fridays, they tend to be less busy than the middle of the week and the weekends.  

I may not see y'all for a couple days, the last time I got doubled vaxxed, I just felt lousy, and I just want to hide in a corner and read a book until I feel better. So I hope everyone has a great few days, and I'll see you this weekend. :) 

• Like 3

It hasn't been too bad with the vaccines compared to before. It was like being a little carsick all day, and we each took turns falling asleep sitting up.  Everyone seems much better today.

Since I feel better, I may as well clean the house :)  Cough cough, oh no, I feel so ill... so unwell....I need to stay in bed, yeah that's right. I need to just stay here and read this book (cough cough) is that a bright white light ahead? Oh no...I need ...muffins... and coffeee...in bed...so unwell... 

;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I'm afraid to google butt gifs at work so just imagine I posted something funny.  

• Haha 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 9/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, Shello said:

I'm afraid to google butt gifs at work so just imagine I posted something funny.  

all the butt jokes :D 

I was sick for a bit again yesterday, and it turns out, I got to go back to bed! YAY ME!

The best news is, I'm working again.  Not all day, but I'm getting a few hours a day in, and it's really lovely.  Drawing is hard work,  but I've lucked out in that I have a ton of sketches to work from so this is an ideal project to leap back into. My work space needs a little work, but I've made the unusual decision to keep working and let my work flow determine the way I organize the space.  Otherwise I'll be trapped in a Preparation Dimension where I buy supplies, clean and organize, and make schedules until I collapse into a pile of dust.  I'm also having a lot of fun playing with my tools and paint and just kinda getting reacquainted with how art works.  

• Like 7

I'm also having a lot of fun playing with my tools and paint and just kinda getting reacquainted with how art works.  

Yay!   I hope it stays fun even though it's work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Tomorrow is weigh day, and I think I'm going to make my personal goal for it.  I kinda jumped up on the scale for my mid-week weigh in, not surprising given the week.  There were a lot of junk food gremlins trying to veer me off course, but I kicked them out of the car. My period is due Friday so this week there's no alcohol or chocolate, and I need to do some strength training exercises, so I've chosen today and Thursday. 

I've decided to spend more of my mornings away from screens. I'm starting to feel a little obsessive and I need to spend more time getting things done. I just focus better without the screens so I'm going to basically just get started on the day.  I'm also going to journal later in the day. I think especially when I'm hormonal, too much reflection is just a thought spiral and I can't get out. I've spent two hours writing this post! It's time to put the computer down. Have an amazing day, and I'll see you for weigh in tomorrow.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

when I'm hormonal, too much reflection is just a thought spiral

That's a very useful observation, and I find myself in the "thought spirals" sometimes.  

Have an excellent day yourself!!

• Thanks 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Weigh in today was 230.3 which is a 0.7 weight loss for the week.  This is a big victory after recovering from a mid-week bounce upwards. Now I just need to put 230 behind me forever. 

I cleaned out my closet yesterday and I have a nice stack of clothes ready to be donated, and a small stack that will be used as rags. I do need to buy a couple tops now, but I'm going to wait and just focus on cleaning the house and exercising this week. Have a great day!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I heard that the anxiety gets better after menopause.

Episode 1 Dont Know What To Say GIF by The Roku Channel

YMMV, I haven't found that to be the case for me ? 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

3 hours ago, RES said:

Episode 1 Dont Know What To Say GIF by The Roku Channel

YMMV, I haven't found that to be the case for me ? 

Thank you for letting me know!  I hate that it's the case for you, but it's good to know it's a possibility. I'm definitely in the beginning of perimenopause, and I think I need to stop viewing it as a month by month coping thing and start developing long-term solutions: meal plans, shopping lists, chore schedules. Things that handle the decision making for me on anxious days. OOH AND FREEZER MEALS.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

meal plans, shopping lists, chore schedules

These are life savers for me!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Had a rough day yesterday. Went to dinner with my old friend who trauma-dumped the entire time and also ordered loaded fries as an appetizer without asking me if I wanted them. I did eat five cheesy fries, and half my black bean burger and salad. I drank all my wine. There’s a reason she and I don’t hang out more often.  She’s not a bad person but she’s not always a good friend. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I did eat five cheesy fries, and half my black bean burger and salad. I drank all my wine.

I think you handled the situation very well.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I think you handled the situation very well.  

Thanks. I did okay food wise, but I wish I had controlled the conversation better. She gets so loud too, and she doesn’t realize but two tables moved.  Next time we go, I’m gonna arrive early and let the staff know we need a table away from families especially and people in general. And order another glass of wine lol. 

• Like 4