Forums are back in action! ×

I had a strenuous physical chore day in addition to exercise, and to no one's surprise,  I felt a LOT better.  Right right, physical exertion makes me happy. I felt strong and mighty! Sure I really needed ibuprofen afterwards, but STRONG AND MIGHTY.

I weighed in at 230 yesterday. November has been a challenge for me.  I just felt tired, and then I ate junk food when I was tired, and then it was just a spiral of hungry, tired, and cranky. I don't like that feeling. I like feeling rested, full, and happy. I like feeling strong and mighty, not tired and undervalued.  I'm really glad I had this lesson because I was getting to a point before my trip where fear wasn't a good motivator for me anymore. Oh I mean... it's still a very strong motivator. I don't ever want to end up in a hospital for heart problems or get glaucoma, or have a stroke. I mean. Fear motivates.  But so does happiness. 

December I'm going to lose weight like it's my job. I'd like to finish the year strong at 224 pounds. I'll take whatever loss I get though. Bodies are weird. As long as I can say "I did my best" I'll be happy with whatever the scale says. That's the goal

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Bodies are weird.

Accurate AF

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Wow.  Pie so bad you had to throw it out?!  That's a shame!  Wine is a suitable substitution though.  

• That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Today I went to the dentist and my teeth and gums are all healthy, even the parts you cant' see because I got xrays today. I can sleep easy because I was worried I had an infection, but it turns out, I just clench my jaw a lot when the visiting uncle is around. 

I rested from exercise today except for some gentle stretches. My body ached in a way that didn't feel good this morning, but after a day of just kinda moving around and warmed up, I feel a lot better now and I think by tomorrow I'll be ready to get back on the schedule. 

This guy online was talking about healthy living, and he said "I'm not trying to add years to my life, I'm trying to add life to my years." 

Clear, concise, and describes my motivation perfectly. I'm trying to add life to my years. I carried that with me today and I felt known. I felt like "This guy gets  it AND he has the words to explain it so much better than I have been able to, and I just love that about the internet. The ability to share something and connect to someone else like that. It's so cool.

• Like 7

Today was fantastic! I got a lot done today. Mom and I hung up our Christmas lights, and I finally got to finish a lot of fall chores like trimming some bushes down for winter, replacing the wood pile tarp after splitting some wood and finally burning the stuff in the firepit I cleaned a lot of leaves and stuff away from the wood pile so it's a lot more tidy down there and less inviting to critters. 

Tomorrow is a rest day. An ACTUAL rest day, not a farscape rest day :D   I'm really excited about it!

• Like 5

It's the start of a new month, which means measurements! I skipped November on purpose, but this month I feel pretty strong and was ready to face the music. 

Overall, not bad at all. I didn't change at all pretty much everywhere except my middle. my waist is half an inch bigger and my belly is 1.25 inches bigger. I'm not concerned at this point. I had a few really heavy lifting days recently and everything feels puffy, and of course my belly is bigger, that's where my carbs go to retire. Much like the weight, I'm gonna work to lose what I gained in November and be proud of whatever progress I make. 

I'm tired today, and hungry. I think I'm going to eat a banana and read a book.  I'm so glad for a rest day. Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 5

On 11/29/2023 at 8:23 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

This guy online was talking about healthy living, and he said "I'm not trying to add years to my life, I'm trying to add life to my years." 

I like this.  I mentioned it to DDG and he said it reminded him of this one - "A healthy person has 1,000 wishes, an unhealthy person has only 1 wish".  

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

of course my belly is bigger, that's where my carbs go to retire.

:lol:

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I had a really nice lunch with my buddy yesterday. He paid for mine, saying "Happy belated birthday!" and it was just a great time overall. I needed that time with him. It's nice to remember I have a life outside of the house and family. 

I'm reading a book called Stolen Focus: Why you Can't Pay Attention- and How to Think Deeply Again  by Johann Hari. I'm on page 12 and it's taken me two days to get to this point, so I feel like it's a good time to read this book, and I suspect when I am finally finished with it, that I will be once again, limiting screen time. LOL  

until then, see you tomorrow for weigh in. :)

• Like 6

227.8 was my weigh-in today! I'm so happy about this, because the scale totally said 233 on Friday after my heavy yard work day. So a restful weekend later, I am much happier with this number. 

I feel like I'm back on track. This week was hard, I kept thinking about today and reporting in, and I was like I don't want that to suck again, so I'm going to choose my stupid health over stupid sweets.  I want to be reliable, and know that when Monday rolls around, I can say "I did my best this week." 

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 2

Just goes to show how important rest is to weight loss and health!  

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Today the shoes I ordered for this weekend's party arrived and they fit really well. I love them.  They're perfect for all the festive events that will be happening this month.  I ordered a pair in black after trying these on, and will have 2 pairs of dress shoes now. I'm really happy about this:D 

image.png.bedd1c2fca24b5af529b7ac94d318072.png

I also finally found a good pair of casual shoes that fit really well that aren't sneakers! I feel like these are going to be perfect everyday shoes and I can't wait to wear them when we go shopping. My sneakers are really crisp looking, but there are just places I'd rather not wear sneakers to, and I might be buying another pair of these shoes too given how difficult it was to find them in the first place. Isn't it just the thing to find a great product only to have it discontinued when you want to replace it? 

Healthwise, I'm counting calories and really paying attention so when I go over, it's definitely a choice. Exercise is going well, and all the bits I injured slightly last week are healing really well. I'm really enjoying this book called Stolen Focus by Johann Hari, and when I finish it, I'm going to change the way things work a bit. I'm only about 20% of the way done, so I won't recommend it yet, but the first 20% is excellent so far :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm going to change the way things work a bit

Sounds interesting.  Looking forward to hear what you take away from that book.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Stolen Focus

It's on my reading list, and I'm curious what you think of it.  

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm going to read some more of it today, and will let you know. I read some reviews that say they didnt' like the second half of the book, so I'm like "WHAT HAPPENS THEN?" :D 

Maybe that reader just lost focus in the 2nd half?

• Haha 1

Today was a good day.  Mom and I baked sugar cookies today. We've stored them away to be decorated next weekend. Next we'll make gingerbread cookie dough and bake that. I like making cookies with Mom. It's our happy place. 

Not a Christmas/Winter joke but 

What do you call a bear with no teeth?

Spoiler

a gummy bear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Gingerbread dough is complete! We'll bake it another day. Mom and I made two batches: one is traditional gingerbread and the other is a chai masala mixture.  The masala mixture is a little more peppery  and tastes like pfefferneuse and are delicious. I'm looking forward to tasting the difference once they're baked. 

I'm about 30% of the way into Stolen Focus, and it's still really good and gives me a lot to think about. I'm going to take a day off from it though. I feel like I can recommend it at this point. This isn't a "How to Live" book at this point. It's really about a writer who took three months off from being online and his experience with that. As a journalist, he was able to interview a lot of different people who research a broad scope of topics that could explain the science behind some of experience in those three months. I imagine that he will come to some conclusions, and I'm interested to see if I personally agree with him or not. What I like about it is that he acknowledges right away the priviledge he had to take three months off to conduct this experiment on himself, and I really like the parts when he interviews and discusses the work of different researchers. It's cool

• Like 5

Yay for all the baking!  I'm starting my baking list and having trouble keeping it minimal..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shello said:

Yay for all the baking!  I'm starting my baking list and having trouble keeping it minimal..

Right? It's so hard! So far for decorating we have gingerbread, sugar cookies, and coffee/chocolate. I'd like to make bells (with the red and green centers!) and pecan tassies, and we have all the ingredients to make christmassy rice krispie treats.  First we have a family cookie decorating party so some of those cookies will go with family, and then we'll see how many cookies we need for cookie trays for the christmas eve and christmas day after get togethers. 

the bells may wait until next year. Unless I add cinnamon to them, they're not much different than a sugar cookie. But they would be good with cinnamon and orange zest and they have nostalgic value. THEY'RE BACK IN!..and the pecan tassies aren't necessarily holiday, so they can wait for a family potluck.  Okay. Tassies are put aside for now.  Bells and krispie treats are in.  Only because the krispie treats are Christmas colored, and they're kid friendly for my uncle's family get together.  LOL it's fun to process this. PLUS, my mom is gonna wanna bake so we'll have to rock paper scissors some things. 

How are you choosing this year? 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Shello said:

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Right? It's so hard!

Feel this in my soul, I'm struggling to not go overboard and make way too much, and wanting to be sure I (and others) have their favorites! The struggle is real.

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda