Forums are back in action! ×

I'm looking for a Mentor.

Hi! Hello, sir! Yes, you, I'm talking to you. Would you stop just for a second and listen to what I have to say? Won't be long, I promise. I just... see so many opportunities here, but can't help feeling a little lost.

See, I've never been one for fitness. Ever. But where are my manners, I should introduce myself first - I'm Polish, named Anna (Igi), eighteen years old of age, and a complete novice in everything that's connected to sports or being fit in general. I'm currently 165cm (5'5'') tall and weigh 60kg (132lb).

I used to be a chubby, awkward child, whose P.E. grade was only blot on otherwise shining school record. Maybe that was that unadmitted 'something' that kept me out of the fit zone for many years - I've always been a damned perfectionist and it hurt my pride just too much to admit that there is something that I am not the best at.

Avoiding sports got only easier when I developed some health problems and then started wearing really thick glasses, because I didn't even have to attend P.E. classes. Loner for the better part of my life, I also never found joy in any team sports - mostly because I had never had any opportunity to really feel as a part of the team. I'm not to be pitied though - I was a stubborn, slightly paranoic and hyper-ambitious child who never engaged into any social activities by herself, but preferred to escape into the worlds of fantasy. Or science.

Then, as I began my upper high school, things changed drastically. By the age of 16 I moved out to live in a dormitory, started new school in a city far away from my home and discovered the wonders of social life. By that time, I had some notion about 'being fit' and that it was considered a good thing, but I never really cared much. Occupied with my academic duties and developing relationships with actual people (that were not elves, unicorns or buddies from the Internet), I started losing weight in the most natural of ways, without even noticing it - still no exercises, but slightly less snacks and change of the lifestyle. I thought I could help this process somehow, but didn't really know how. So I let it happen, glad that there was still something in my life that changed for the better and didn't require hours of hard work or emotional engagement. For some time, everything was perfect.

But then it stopped. I started gaining weight instead of losing it, and started feeling chubby again. My BMI was perfect, my weight was nothing out of normal, but my feeling of insecureness and fear of being perceived as fat grew and grew. I still did not do absolutely anything about it. Meanwhile, I started playing Assassin's Creed series and was thrown completely out of balance by its beautifully written storyline, historical accurateness (yeah, I'm a sucker for a good historical setting), fantastic characters, and, most of all, brilliant and moving philosophy of the series. I spent months analyzing the simple Creed, swallowing all the pain and wisdom that it contained, living my life as if my computer was a real Animus and I could reconnect with Altair, Ezio, Haytham, Connor or Edward the same way as a person inside this blasted device. (Oh come on, let somebody invent it already!) By that time, I had already had a beautiful and satisfying life of my own: happy family, faithful friends and pretty bright perspectives for the future. Yet something was missing. I was still incomplete.

You know the feeling when you've played Assassin's Creed too long and you unconsciously scan your environment for the places to climb? One day, I was at the hospital, visiting a relative and somebody asked all the patients out so I could get some fresh air into the ward. So, alone, I opened all the windows and watched the sky as the cold night air washed over me. 

And I felt it. I think you could call it a bleeding effect for gamers. I saw the ledges I could grasp, the rooftops to climb. Almost instinctively, as I would have done in the game, I reached out my arms and tried to effortlessly hop onto the windowsill to scan my environment.

And I couldn't.

I couldn't bloody hop onto the windowsill.

I started to feel angry. Furious, even. Only at myself - because what the hell was I doing with my life? I already knew that I would be out of breath after one minute jog, that my muscles were non-existent, my thigs and arms fat and similar to jelly in its structure. What good would my well-trained mind do if my body refuses to cooperate with it? Why was I so idle my entire life?!

That was the good kind of anger. Motivating. I finally understood that what I do with my body is not for external purpose - not to be perceived as slim and thus attractive - but only and exclusively for myself. To feel good, to embrace more opportunities, to have confidence with my own body. I think it's not too late to start - I'm eighteen and I want to become an Assassin.

So, yeah. It was two weeks ago. Since then, I've been practicing THIS routine (but done only one time in a row, I weren't kidding about being a novice), but I'm feeling a little lost in this territory. So I've been searching for someone with similar goals as mine. Someone equally nerdy, who would lead me the way that motivates me - training me with the attitude of an Assassin, aware that the road is long, but at the end lays the mastery over your body and your mind. My brain is trained well enough. All I need now is my body to finally catch up.

So, to conclude... I need a Mentor. I'm helpless, I'm clueless in this field, an absolute beginner. I know nothing about it, and I openly admit my incompetence. I need somebody to guide me - to show me HOW to achieve my ultimate goal. It may take years, allright, but I'm young enough and stubborn enough to keep committed.

Is it you, Mentor? Please contact me.

• Like 5

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Words have power.

Second Challenge Rebel (Assassin)
Current Challenge: Assassin's Quest - Igi's Journey II

[Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 ]

Parkour isn't my thing, but as some general advice, just remember any goal you have will require more dedication than motivation.  You have a lot enthusiasm right now, which is perfect.  Keep in mind, though, that becoming skilled at something isn't about being excited to train and practice every day.  Instead of figuring out how you can become more motivated on the days you feel down and out, focus on your discipline.  Achieving something great is about putting in the time, even when you'd much rather do the easy thing and stay in bed.

Hey, I'm looking for an assassin MENTOR TOO, though more stealthily, assassin style trying to stalk one through the forums by their posts and stuff, I'm trying to start an accountabilibuddy group for Baby Assassins, called the Baby Assassins for the upcoming challenge. Will you join me?

• Like 1

GOLEM ASSASSIN

Level None
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."

Welcome to the rebellion, you're in the right place, and absolutely correct about it not being too late to start...as you said, you're only 18, you have your whole life ahead and good for you deciding you want to be healthy and fit for it! :D 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hi! Hello, sir! Yes, you, I'm talking to you. Would you stop just for a second and listen to what I have to say? Won't be long, I promise. I just... see so many opportunities here, but can't help feeling a little lost.

See, I've never been one for fitness. Ever. But where are my manners, I should introduce myself first - I'm Polish, named Anna (Igi), eighteen years old of age, and a complete novice in everything that's connected to sports or being fit in general. I'm currently 165cm (5'5'') tall and weigh 60kg (132lb).

I used to be a chubby, awkward child, whose P.E. grade was only blot on otherwise shining school record. Maybe that was that unadmitted 'something' that kept me out of the fit zone for many years - I've always been a damned perfectionist and it hurt my pride just too much to admit that there is something that I am not the best at.

Avoiding sports got only easier when I developed some health problems and then started wearing really thick glasses, because I didn't even have to attend P.E. classes. Loner for the better part of my life, I also never found joy in any team sports - mostly because I had never had any opportunity to really feel as a part of the team. I'm not to be pitied though - I was a stubborn, slightly paranoic and hyper-ambitious child who never engaged into any social activities by herself, but preferred to escape into the worlds of fantasy. Or science.

Then, as I began my upper high school, things changed drastically. By the age of 16 I moved out to live in a dormitory, started new school in a city far away from my home and discovered the wonders of social life. By that time, I had some notion about 'being fit' and that it was considered a good thing, but I never really cared much. Occupied with my academic duties and developing relationships with actual people (that were not elves, unicorns or buddies from the Internet), I started losing weight in the most natural of ways, without even noticing it - still no exercises, but slightly less snacks and change of the lifestyle. I thought I could help this process somehow, but didn't really know how. So I let it happen, glad that there was still something in my life that changed for the better and didn't require hours of hard work or emotional engagement. For some time, everything was perfect.

But then it stopped. I started gaining weight instead of losing it, and started feeling chubby again. My BMI was perfect, my weight was nothing out of normal, but my feeling of insecureness and fear of being perceived as fat grew and grew. I still did not do absolutely anything about it. Meanwhile, I started playing Assassin's Creed series and was thrown completely out of balance by its beautifully written storyline, historical accurateness (yeah, I'm a sucker for a good historical setting), fantastic characters, and, most of all, brilliant and moving philosophy of the series. I spent months analyzing the simple Creed, swallowing all the pain and wisdom that it contained, living my life as if my computer was a real Animus and I could reconnect with Altair, Ezio, Haytham, Connor or Edward the same way as a person inside this blasted device. (Oh come on, let somebody invent it already!) By that time, I had already had a beautiful and satisfying life of my own: happy family, faithful friends and pretty bright perspectives for the future. Yet something was missing. I was still incomplete.

You know the feeling when you've played Assassin's Creed too long and you unconsciously scan your environment for the places to climb? One day, I was at the hospital, visiting a relative and somebody asked all the patients out so I could get some fresh air into the ward. So, alone, I opened all the windows and watched the sky as the cold night air washed over me. 

And I felt it. I think you could call it a bleeding effect for gamers. I saw the ledges I could grasp, the rooftops to climb. Almost instinctively, as I would have done in the game, I reached out my arms and tried to effortlessly hop onto the windowsill to scan my environment.

And I couldn't.

I couldn't bloody hop onto the windowsill.

I started to feel angry. Furious, even. Only at myself - because what the hell was I doing with my life? I already knew that I would be out of breath after one minute jog, that my muscles were non-existent, my thigs and arms fat and similar to jelly in its structure. What good would my well-trained mind do if my body refuses to cooperate with it? Why was I so idle my entire life?!

That was the good kind of anger. Motivating. I finally understood that what I do with my body is not for external purpose - not to be perceived as slim and thus attractive - but only and exclusively for myself. To feel good, to embrace more opportunities, to have confidence with my own body. I think it's not too late to start - I'm eighteen and I want to become an Assassin.

So, yeah. It was two weeks ago. Since then, I've been practicing THIS routine (but done only one time in a row, I weren't kidding about being a novice), but I'm feeling a little lost in this territory. So I've been searching for someone with similar goals as mine. Someone equally nerdy, who would lead me the way that motivates me - training me with the attitude of an Assassin, aware that the road is long, but at the end lays the mastery over your body and your mind. My brain is trained well enough. All I need now is my body to finally catch up.

So, to conclude... I need a Mentor. I'm helpless, I'm clueless in this field, an absolute beginner. I know nothing about it, and I openly admit my incompetence. I need somebody to guide me - to show me HOW to achieve my ultimate goal. It may take years, allright, but I'm young enough and stubborn enough to keep committed.

Is it you, Mentor? Please contact me.

hello Igi, i'm Cobaltsword one of the Assassin Ambassadors and have taken upon me the role of Mentor. I am an absolute nut about Assassin's Creed, Ezio Auditore is my role model in everything I do and i've read the majority of the Assassin Wiki pages ^^

Your story is so similar to mine that I can't help but relate to it. I would gladly guide you on your way, mentor you and try to make you as awesome as possible.

I will answer your PM first, but i'll keep watching you :)

Hey, I'm looking for an assassin MENTOR TOO, though more stealthily, assassin style trying to stalk one through the forums by their posts and stuff, I'm trying to start an accountabilibuddy group for Baby Assassins, called the Baby Assassins for the upcoming challenge. Will you join me?

If you want, you can come by my own threads and let me mentor you, if you think I can teach you anything. :)

• Like 1

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Welcome to the rebellion, Anna! 

I'm new myself so whilst I may not be suitable for a mentor, I'm entirely qualified to check up on your progress, give words of encouragement and (potentially) kick your ass into gear if you think about slacking. 

Have you checked out the Beginner Body Weight Workout yet? My current goal is to get through that and believe me when I say that it's a good workout. 

Don't forget to start a Daily Battle log!

• Like 1

hey Igi - another Pole here :)

I'm not a good material for a mentor + I'm more attracted by weights than bodyweight training, but just wanna say hello and welcome on NF ... and lots of fun and strong will during your fitness progress :)

see u around :pride:

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Welcome, fellow Pole! I wish you luck in your journey to become an Assassin!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Hey Cobaltsword I'm also looking for a good mentor to help me become an assassins as well. Though I'm not chubby I am quite skinny though I am not fit and i would absolutely love to be like the assassins. I really love ezio and all of those that you play as though my favorite is a tie between Connor or Arno. So would you help me too?

Level 0 - Berserker

Str - 0

Dex - 0

Sta - 0

Wis - 0

Cha - 0

Con - 0

"Live ever day so that you may tell a story at the end of it."