Forums are back in action! ×

cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

Welcome back.  Stop beating yourself up over things that are done.  Channel that fury into kicking ass and taking names.  I think just about everyone I've seen make it to Onederland has been through rough patches that have brought back that 2.  That number doesn't matter.  You've beaten it once and you're going to beat it again.  You've returned and you are committed to doing what you know you need to.  That's what you should focus on.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

4/7/16

Breakfast - protein shake

Lunch - salad and 4 grilled wings

Dinner - bacon egg and cheese sandwich with latte with almond milk.

No gym again, should have went. Was feeling a bit off but I think I would have been fine. Tomorrow I plan on going then playing racquetball after.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Update of the last few days...

Shit, eating more shit, cookies, and more junk.

Did play racquetball Friday night. Next few days will be nuts at work, but I'm going to make a decision to try to eat smart. It will be nearly impossible to eat 100% well, but I'm going to try to make good decision.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

try-not.jpg

Seriously though, I struggle with the same thing...

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Worked a 15 hour day. Sleep needed. 

Didn't eat much but did have pizza.

Still alive. Plan to get gym and eating dialed in over the next few days. Gym announced a partner nutrition challenge so I'm excited for it!

• Like 1

It's been another long week. Having to go in on a weekend is never fun.

Meal prep tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Meal prep done. Gotta dive it all up but it's all there.

Went the last 2 days to 5he gym. Good to be back.

• Like 1

I need to keep reminding myself that in my gym I am not the best. I train with athletes, cops, competition winners, runners, etc. It really takes working out with someone who isn't in my gym for me to see the huge difference.

On the flip side my recovery is a bit bad. I am wondering if it something diet wise...

• Like 2

Today is the first day of a 6 week nutrition challenge at my gym. I have all my food prepped and ready.

I am going to win this, not only for the prizes, but to prove to myself and others that I can.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cn3wton said:

but to prove to myself 

The only reason to do anything! :D proud of you! You got this!

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Man time flies. I think I've finally figured out a way to fix the current issues.

See before if I worked late I either couldnt, or just didn't feel like working out. So I have started going to the 5am class.

Sure it means waking up at 4, but I think it's worth it.

As well it means that if I get out of work on time I can actually do other things. Or just go work out again.

Food wise I have been doing well. I believe I am about 10 lbs down since I startedy gyms nutrition challenge, so that's good.

I am hoping by freeing up some time during the day I'll be able to get back to other things that have fallen to the side the past year or so such as writing, painting, and posting here of course!

• Like 4

I'm good working out at home at 5am, can't imagine going somewhere else to do it that early though! Great job!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yea its definitely early, not to mention a 30 minute drive.

But it's actually easier and has tons if unforseen benefits.

I'm energized when I get to work at 7, have about 30 minutes of rest between the gym and work to get prepped, gEttinger home early enough to start painting again.

And I'm actually not as tired as I thought I was gonna be!

• Like 2

It's strange, going through old posts.

It's crazy to think that 4 years ago I posted on here for the first time. 

It's been almost exactly a year since I last posted on this thread. And looking back I see my struggles, and by looking back I can see what was wrong.

My job was depressing. I was making minimum wage after 6 years of schooling. Working over 60 hours a week and being told I wasn't good enough.

I was miserable. I don't want to throw the word depression around but dammit I had to be close, if not actually there.

Along with that came a great deal of shame. I couldn't fix it. I had done so well and it seemed that no matter what I did I couldn't get back to that place. I skipped the gym, ate to the point I made myself sick, and slept all the time.

I finally got out of there. Found a good job that I love. But the only benefit of my last job, physical work and being on my feet all day is gone. I now sit at a desk for at least 6 to 7 hours a day. 

I got happy, lazy, and content. My weight began to climb and I now sit at 268 pounds, up from 185, my record low.

Granted this didn't happen overnight but the Shane persists.

I don't have any jeans I can wear anymore. All of my old, big jeans I donated years ago. Swearing I'd never be that big again. Even the new pants I bought, 4 sizes bigger are now tight. 

I go to the gym and remember all the things I used to be able to do. Rope climbs, pull ups, handstand pushups. Now I can't even do normal push ups in a workout. And let me tell you its flat out embarrassing for me most days.

But I'm back now. I am going to the gym regularly. And as always the box is filled with super supportive people and friends. But my diet is still horrendous. I'm looking to change that. Right after this post. No waiting until tomorrow, right now.

I was thinking about what I did to be so successful last time and without a doubt this was one of those things. So I'm back. For real this time. Because I'm sick of not following through and empty promises, to myself and others.

• Like 4

Welcome back. No Ranger Stands Alone, certainly not the mighty cn3wton. All those things you "used to be able to do" haven't gone away, they are merely dormant. You need only awaken them again, and getting back a second time, while perhaps harder to start than the first time, won't be as hard phsycially because your some part of your body remembers how to get there. 

You got this, and we got you.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks guys! It feels good to be back. Hoping to update more tomorrow.  Make the decision if I want to do the challenge or not etc.

• Like 3

Got myself a bit depressed today. My altime favorite picture of myself, at my most in shape, came up on Facebook today as a memory. Only 2 years ago I was 70 lbs lighter and in such better shape... Showed my co workers and they couldn't believe that was me. Spent the next few minutes scanning through my old pictures and cringing. 

My coworker and I have decided to do small workouts at work during breaks and really eating better. This has to happen.

• Like 3

I can relate. Last year was a tough year and I put back on quite a bit of my weight too. It's aggravating that the things I had worked up to are now difficult again, clothes don't fit, and I don't look like I did in the mirror. But you did it before and you'll get there again. You've still got the determination that helped you before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2