Forums are back in action! ×

Slow and steady wins the race

I started doing nerdfitness almost a whole year ago. I saw some great initial fat loss, and then it slowed down. I got in the habit of eating no carbs and replacing breakfast w/ almond milk and protein powder and I stayed in the same spot. Lunch was spinach salad. I was eating very lean.

About a month ago I read Micheal Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and decided to work at eating more real food. So now I eat so much more food. Every breakfast is eggs and sausage and fruit with maybe a little ok a lot of rice and beans and a scoop of peanut butter. I totally stopped doing paleo and now just eat "whole foods" and try to avoid artificial sweeteners or food with added sugar.

And my waist is shrinking again, now under 32.5 inches. My weight isn't really going up.

I don't even do that much cardio, maybe a mile or 2 to warm up before doing squats and pull-ups.

So w00t! After almost a year of working at eating healthy I've finally cracked the freakin' code! Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables. I think there's a corresponding rule for exercise. Exercise daily, compound movements, use good form.

For me and my genetics apparently that's basically it! Apparently I can eat yummy food all the time and be full and slim if I actually eat real foods! This feels like cheating. I'm literally at the point where I have to figure out how I can eat more food because I'd like to be gaining more muscle.

So w00t for a healthy and balanced diet! It sounds simple but it's taken almost  a year of hard work to achieve.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger: STR-10 DEX-2 STA-3 CON-10 WIS-2 CHA-0 | Instagram |Previous Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| 6 | 7 | current |  Battle Log

I understand the Paleo problem. I struggled with it for a few days and I simply couldn't keep it up. I was constantly hungry and I didn't have enough food/money to get the protein that I needed (curse of the college student). When I finally got my eating habits right, weight has started coming off!

So congrats for finding what works for YOU! That's the hardest part of the whole journey and I wish you luck on the rest of yours. Again, congrats! 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Woo hoo! Honestly, one of the toughest things about this entire journey is working out how to crack the code, your own personal enigma: what exactly will work for you personally. So glad that you've managed to find a balance and that you're making great progress. We're all proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing, fellow rebel. :)

• Like 2

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

this is inspiring! I've been on the "less is more" mentality and I am finding it difficult with hunger, plateaus, etc. I'm going to try more whole foods and see if that does the trick. Well done!

Level 4 Assassin

Red Team for Mario Challenge

Team Gimli in Fellowship of the Ring Challenge

Hufflepuff Housemate from Nerdwarts Challenge