Forums are back in action! ×

A Series of Disasters that Proved How Much I Wasn't Committed to Fitness

So I've had lots come up in the past year. I almost failed two classes, had to change my major and rethink my entire life, my emotions and home life were a temporary mess, ect.

My commitment to fitness fell apart when my life did, as usual.

This time, I've been on the fitness wagon for a month now before this rediscovery of NerdFitness. It's a huge deal, and I've finally lost most of the weight I had gained in the Fall when my life fell apart a bit.

Things have been slowly building up to where I'm finally able to let myself care about my fitness. I love by body now, as it is. It can't do a whole lot, but it can run further than it could a month ago. I feed it much better and in return, it takes care of me better. 

I've got a full kitchen and can now cook properly. I've learned to love healthier food, simply by finding things that I like. 

My FitBit, Zombies, Run! app, and my new running shoes jump started me into running. I moved to running outside instead of on an indoor track and I've gained a ton of strength and endurance in just a few short weeks, at least in comparison to before. 

I reread Staci's story and realized that I didn't just have to think she was awesome- I could do what she could one day! And eventually, I want to be able to be like her. I'm doing my first strength workout later today, the beginner bodyweight workout. I'm starting there and hoping to be able to be in the gym by the time I can access my school's gym again in August.

My biggest hope is that I can keep this going when I start classes again in the fall. Looking at my schedule I should be able to, but I'm going to have to actually try. That's my biggest worry- that I'll lose it. But I can't focus on the worry and the past, just focus on and plan for leveling up the future!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Welcome back to the rebellion. Glad you're with us again. Good job regaining the ground you lost. Don't worry about the fall, that's future GonnaBeaJedi<3's problem. For now focus on now and do those Beginner workouts.  You'll do quite well preparing your own food. Keep it up and eventually people will compare Staci to you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome back to the rebellion. Glad you're with us again. Good job regaining the ground you lost. Don't worry about the fall, that's future GonnaBeaJedi<3's problem. For now focus on now and do those Beginner workouts.  You'll do quite well preparing your own food. Keep it up and eventually people will compare Staci to you.

Thanks! I'm just taking things one day at a time and keeping my eyes open for results. It's nice to know I can get myself back to where I was, even if it's slowly.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63