Forums are back in action! ×

Feel like a failure

Im trying so hard.  Ive been doing well all week, but right now...

Im rather a weepy mess.

I couldnt do my workout today, everything just hurt way too much.

Its the bitch with autism - the muscle weakness.  Sustaining any kind of exercise is - almost impossible.

I couldnt finish my cardio, I couldnt finish my weights, Im in so much *pain*.

I had been trying so hard.

Two Wendies chicken burgers and a cup of raspberries later, Im just feeling worse - head pounding, legs throbbing - 

Im depressed - feeling like a failure, I hate this.

I dont know what to do, Im scared to go to the gym tomorrow and even try, I hurt so badly

Lvl 7 Orc Ranger

Stay at home mom, looking for adventure.  Aragorn is my Inspo.

#1- You are doing your absolute best to workout. If you're in pain, don't push yourself beyond what you can do. You will hurt yourself and make it harder. I recommend trying some Yoga, it's more gentle on your body and might help alleviate the pain. If you can only work out every few days- that's fine. You're still working. If all you can do is walk regularly, then walk. If you wake up tomorrow and don't feel up to it, don't go. Just do what you can at home and allow your body to heal. If you've got muscle weakness issues, you may just be pushing it too hard. Be kind to yourself <3

#2- Don't feel bad about the food. It takes a long time to work yourself away from that being your first response. I still haven't. Try to not feel guilty about it.

But this is sure. You are NOT a failure. You have done your very best, and that's all you need do. Just because you're not at someone else's level or their pace doesn't make you a failure. Do what helps your body. And if that means taking a break, then it means taking a break.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Well, this made me start crying again, but *Thank*you* - I couldnt say it enough.  

I do yoga at home alot, Ive loved it since before I had kids.  And maybe for the next couple days, I will stick to that.  Thanks for reminding me!

And youre right, I probably am working too hard. I just really want to be back where I was before my kidlets - which, yes, I know, took me three years to get to the first time, but damnit, I want it like, *today*.

• Like 1

Lvl 7 Orc Ranger

Well, this made me start crying again, but *Thank*you* - I couldnt say it enough.  

I do yoga at home alot, Ive loved it since before I had kids.  And maybe for the next couple days, I will stick to that.  Thanks for reminding me!

And youre right, I probably am working too hard. I just really want to be back where I was before my kidlets - which, yes, I know, took me three years to get to the first time, but damnit, I want it like, *today*.

I know the feeling. I gained a lot of weight my first couple years in college and I was just not a healthy person at all. I'm working on that now :)

And anytime, you're welcome to talk to me whenever, I have FELT those struggles. So many times.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Few of us are genetically blessed as "natural athletes" so don't be so upset about your muscle weakness. It's all just relative. Don't push yourself so hard physically and don't beat yourself up mentally. If you exercised until it hurt who cares if you "finished?" Some people - like people who are rehabilitating - have to work extremely hard just to take a few steps. That's their starting point. You have your starting point. 

• Like 2

Not a failure!  Just a rough day.  Everyone has them.  Even Olympic athletes feel down and out sometimes.  How long have you been working out?

How long have I been working out? - This time, its been two weeks.  But I was a trainer at that Gym for three years - before I had my kids, and really, I started working out when I was 18.  - and Im 41 now.  I know how this all goes, I just keep forgetting that its *hard* to go back, and most importantly - that a 40 yr old body is *not* a 20 yr old body.  *laughs*.  Its going to take a lot longer this time.  I hate it, but theres no point in hating the truth of something you cant change.  You just have to change how you *deal* with that truth,  So, Im taking a few days off before I go back, and going to try to be a bit more generous to my self.  I *will* get back to where I was, but it just wont be today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Lvl 7 Orc Ranger