Forums are back in action! ×

Beaten and bloodied, or just really tired of being fat

Sorry for the bummer title, but I need help (community) with my weight. 

Long story short. I used to go to Overeaters Anonymous meetings until we (my wife actually) had twin boys and things got busy. I then gained back around 50 lbs to fluctuate at 280. My wife is really pissed at me and life is getting stressful in all facets without a structured exercise habit. 

So I am thinking NF might be a good place to hang out. 

As fitness goes, I have a good amount of experience, but I never make it stick (especially in this current RUT). I am interested in less conventional training.

As food goes, I get really irritable and antsy when I eat wheat and sugar, so I am trying to avoid those with mixed success. 

I currently suffer from a shoulder/bicep issue that has rehabbed to about 50% and plantar fasciitus that is about 60-80%. 

So that's a good start. Back to work I guess.

Greetings all. 

Well, admitting that there's a problem is the first step. Asking for help is the second. So you're off to a good start!

For less than conventional training, I'd recommend looking at ranger-like or assassin-like training. You want something that will train your strength, but gently. Parkour would be a good place to start. I believe Steve wrote an article?... *searches* Ah! Here! That could help you get started. You could also start trail hiking/walking that can graduate to trail running/trail parkour. 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by unconventional, so that's my best shot. 

If you're having problems with wheat and sugar you might try paleo. Not my thing personally, but it's a super helpful thing. There's a LOT about it on the main site under resources. I'd link them but there are a ton. There are also recipes floating around the forum and the main site that you could use to start with.

Also, if there's something particular you have a problem with and you don't need in the house (I.E.- something that's personally yours, not the kids or wife's) then don't buy it. Don't shop hungry.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63