Forums are back in action! ×

Been putting this off for a while but if I start it, I am sure I can roll with a little momentum.

I've been absent off and on from the forums because I can never seem to organize myself anymore or put my fitness as a priority (because I really kinda hate it). But now I am the heaviest I have been in many,many years. I have been battling the same 10 lbs for over 2 years and now I have gained even more. 

I was doing well for a little while, cut out the vending machines and sodas. Even did some morning yoga which I loved. But everything gets overwhelming and now I am having to rush my child to school very early in the morning. I hate to make excuses but it's been difficult. Do I want to lose body fat?  Yes, absolutely! Do I want it more than anything? No, not really. There are other things I am working for in life that take a lot of time and priority over it. I am having a HUGE balance problem. 

I see a lot of people that love working out and want to push their bodies to see what it can do. Or workout till they are exhausted.

I don't. I hate it. 

So that leaves balancing diet right? Well....  I kinda have an overeating addiction that I have also been fighting for years. I refer to it as the "Archdemon." It kicks my ass every time, especially when I am emotional. I've tried many methods and many groups, still can't seem to shake it off even just a little bit. 

I had been going to the gym at lunch with my hubby until I hurt my back last January and I was forced to stop. Since then I did a few things here and there, but I'm just really out of the habit. I  hate working out. I hate it so much. But now I am paying the consequence. 

I tend to get overwhelmed by the timing of the challenges, so I decided to start a daily battle log: Doing what I can when I can. Small steps. I can't just leap into it, my life's way too busy and I get burned out too fast. But I have to jump start something again because I can no longer fit into many of my clothes. They are all uncomfortable and I'm just miserable. So I guess I am picking my battle: Hate working out or hate not fitting in any of my clothes?? I have reverted back to wearing my old maternity shirts or my husband's t-shirts that are 1 size larger than my own. 

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Walking is good! Even if all you do is just do some extra walking each day, adding that as a habit can help so much. Baby steps!

I understand your battle with the arch demon. I struggle with emotional overeating so much.. I'm on my third challenge and I'm still trying to figure it out. I think it's keeping me from getting to my weight goal. Again with the baby steps :) Maybe go back to cutting soda? Then vending machines? Then maybe work to when you feel like overeating, eat something healthy first (I'm going to try this one myself). 

Just gradually work up to it, and maybe try to find an activity you enjoy instead of traditional working out? Swimming? Parkour? 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Swimming would be fun, but there is no where to go where I live. I was walking a couple months back, but now it's dark after work. Mornings are just no good.

Guess it's gotta go somewhere! Just don't know how or when.

Do you live in a relatively safe area? It's not always a good idea to walk at night, but if you've got someone to go with, a flash light, and you stay in well lit areas, a 15-20 minute walk should be okay as long as it's not too late at night. Even by yourself, as long as it's not super late at night it should be okay.

I sometimes do short runs after work. I get off at 5pm and it's dark by the time I get back too. 

You could also go for a walk on your lunch break? Maybe a 10-15 min walk then come back and eat. I don't know if you get a formal lunch break. My office doesn't so I don't think I could do that.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

My neighborhood is kinda scary lately and a girl was attacked at one of our parks not long ago. I do have dogs that would love to go walking again.

I miss skating tho. I used to play roller derby :) not possible anymore with my back but I miss rolling!

If your dogs are super protective, that would probably help!

I do get a lunch but that also has been replaced with something. When it comes down to it, I have to shift something around I suppose.

BTW thanks for making suggestions! :) it is helping toss ideas around.

That's true :) I did that a lot. And I'm glad I can help! I like chatting and helping people find what works. I'm still looking in some ways!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

My neighborhood is kinda scary lately and a girl was attacked at one of our parks not long ago. I do have dogs that would love to go walking again.

I miss skating tho. I used to play roller derby :) not possible anymore with my back but I miss rolling!

I could let you walk my dog; he's a 60lb husky/malamute mut that tends to scare people when he gets hyper, but in reality, he's a big pansy. Okay, so it might not be a good idea if you do need protection.

Baby steps are probably the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Small changes will eventually build up on themselves to help you go in the right direction. I greatly feel you about hating to work out; I felt the same way a few months back and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to enjoy it and make it work for me. But all you need right now is that attitude, the attitude to make small changes and stick with it. 

You got this.

• Like 2

I could let you walk my dog; he's a 60lb husky/malamute mut that tends to scare people when he gets hyper, but in reality, he's a big pansy. Okay, so it might not be a good idea if you do need protection.

Baby steps are probably the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Small changes will eventually build up on themselves to help you go in the right direction. I greatly feel you about hating to work out; I felt the same way a few months back and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to enjoy it and make it work for me. But all you need right now is that attitude, the attitude to make small changes and stick with it. 

I have a 100 lb chocolate lab, although she would more than likely try to get an attacker to pet her rather than protect me LOL.

Attitude is absolutely correct. I always end up dropping everything and just go into an "I don't care anymore" phase.

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram