Forums are back in action! ×

This time it's different......

Hi everyone. It's been a few years since I was last a regular participant here at Nerd Fitness. In that time, I moved to Colorado, switched careers, and put on far more weight than I ever wanted to. That last bit is a huge change from when I was here before trying to put on and maintain weight. 

The upshot ... I've stayed very active in the gym. Most weeks, I get in 5 days a week (when work isn't insane). 

The horns.aiff.... Colorado is a glorious mecca of craft beer. Delicious, calorie-laden, nutrient-deficient beer. 

So, here I am...  needing to shed some pounds (I really try to stay close to my competition weight - 63kg - even if I don't really compete much at all). 

I have two ultimate goals that I'd like to achieve in the next couple of months:

- lose the ~4kg to stay near/below 63

- add 2kg to both my snatch and my clean & jerk (a tall task, especially with holiday travel coming up)

I find communities of support to be really helpful, so here I am.... again.

So this time, it really is different... different goals for a very different me. 

--Sashi

• Like 1

Old Battle Log

That's awesome! The community of support has always helped me a ton and I'm glad you're availing yourself of it.

Welcome back!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Welcome back and congrats on focusing on YOU!  

I'm back after a few month hiatus too.  I kept over committing and dropping off the internet after feeling frustrated.  This time I'm back with tiny, realistic goals after failing twice since August! Took me long enough to figure it out, huh? Hang in there!!

I'm a 33 y.o. mother of 3, wife to 1. I float between veganism and omnivorism, but will focus on Paleo during this mini challenge.  I am a drama/dance/English teacher.  Class: Aspiring Assassin.

Main quest: Lose 10% body fat [0/10%]

Sub-quest 1: Cook one new recipe per week [0/2]   

Sub-quest 2: Walk 6,000+ steps per day [0/2]   

Sub-quest 3: Read 1 book for pleasure  [0/1]

My mini-quests for this challenge:

1.)  I will do the body weight challenge X1, 3 days per week.  Anything less? FAIL!

2.)  I will focus on a Paleo lifestyle, allowing dairy intermittently, but no to sugar and carbs except on weekends!  And I will only drink water on a daily basis (over 64 fl oz).

3.)  I will respond in writing and with positivity per week to 5 or more other newbie NF rebels working on challenges (stolen from a friend!)

Mini challenge: +1WIS