Forums are back in action! ×

I'm 31 years old, married, with 2 kids. I work full time as an engineering technician. I'm also in school full time in an engineering program. My wife also is in school full time to become an RN. We both love video games (currently stuck on Fallout 4). Last year I began my own weight loss/strength training program. I signed up for an account on MyFitnessPal and started tracking everything I ate. I also signed up at a gym with a coworker and we did strength training 3 days a week on our lunch breaks. I felt success for the first time in my life after hundreds of fad diet failures. I went from 320 pounds to 260 pounds and saw massive improvement in my strength. I also saw amazing changes in the mirror. In short, I was happy.

This was all before I decided to go back to school. Now my "lunch break" consists of going to class for 3 hours a day. To work my required minimum of 8 hours per day, this means I really have to be at work for 11 hours a day. On days that we work in the field I can work up to 16 hours a day (or night on occasion.) Needless to say, I slowly stopped planning and tracking what I was eating, and also stopped going to the gym (which I was having to do after work anyway at this point.) This has led to me gaining 25 pounds back in 6 months and losing most of my "definition" I was finally gaining. This put me in a hugely depressed state, so what do I do when I'm depressed? Eat. A lot.

I decided to sign up for the Academy as a sort of incentive to get it right this time.

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I just hope it doesn't take that many attempts to find my way that will work.

• Like 2

"Nobody can judge effort. Because effort is between you and you. Everyday is a new day. And every moment is a new moment. So now you got to show them you are a different creature than you were five minutes ago.â€

So rise and shine.

You've got this!

College makes this whole thing so hard. I completely understand. Perhaps starting some habits during your breaks might help? And starting with food is a good place to begin since you're so intensely busy right now.

Welcome to the rebellion!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Thanks for the welcomes! I decided that nutrition is going to be my main focus at the start. When I get back on track with that I will be great. My wife surprised me with an early Christmas present of a power rack, bench, and a 300 pound Olympic barbell set so there's really no excuse to not do my squats, deadlifts, benches, and presses anymore.

Oh and I'm heavily addicted to Firefly.

• Like 1

"Nobody can judge effort. Because effort is between you and you. Everyday is a new day. And every moment is a new moment. So now you got to show them you are a different creature than you were five minutes ago.â€

So rise and shine.