Forums are back in action! ×

Lost my save file, back to the tutorial

Hey guys, I'm back to fitness again after two years of frustration. I got to a major boss and realized that I'm missing an ability that I should have picked up from the very beginning of the game, in an area I can't backtrack to. So here goes.

2013-14, I was doing alright. I was in high school and I wasn't doing perfectly, but I exercised daily, did my best to eat better (not great but constantly taking baby steps forward) and of course reading the Nerd Fitness blog, although I wasn't a forum member like I am now.

Then I came to the most difficult section of the game, the run-up to graduation and immediately after

1) I got dumped, and it was probably the worst one to this day. There were rumors and emotional abuse and I generally felt very betrayed. I'm very trusting and (usually) optimistic to the point of naivete, so the lies being told about me were a big blow to my world view. I started feeling like maybe I really was that bad and started with the negative self-talk.

2) I started to REALLY hate my job. I worked at McDonald's then, still do today, and I was starting to really feel crappy about it. The routine drove me nuts. I felt like I was wasting my life. And customers were rude to me, because of course a young guy working at McDonald's has to be a pothead high school dropout with no future (I've been told that before to my face by customers). I asked myself deep questions about people and the world, and came back with some messed-up answers that have damaged me for a long time.

3) Finally, I graduated. The summer after graduation was probably the worst time of my life. All my friends, the last remnants of my support group, anybody that could have helped me, scattered to the four winds. Going to college has helped me a lot, and being on campus and out of the sheltering environment of my apartment three times a week is the only reason I'm writing this post right now.

So with no meaningful support group, a dead-end job and no self-esteem, of course all my progress just got tossed aside. I'm back and ready to try again though, with less than when I started the first time.

Believe it or not, Dragon Ball Z of all things got me interested in exercise again. There's some neat messages about training yourself to overcome obstacles in that show. Vegeta is my fitness hero, go figure.

• Like 2

Current weight: 190

Current goal weight: 180

I'm glad you're putting yourself on track to build yourself back up! We're all here behind you and I hope things get better for you :/

May the Force be with you!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Vegeta should be everyone's fitness hero. The guy trains as much as Goku (not to say even more) just to try to overcome him.
So yeah, learn from Vegeta, be a little cocky sometimes, try to convince your self that you can do this and much more. Fake it 'till you make it.

We're here to support you!
Let's go to the top together, all right mate?

• Like 1

Race: Half-Elf          Class: Warrior-Assassin

Level: 0                     Last Challenge:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: x | CON: x | DEX: x | INT: x | WIS: x | CHA: x |

"[I am] the spark that will light the flame of the Rebellion"