Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings to all!

I'm a 30-ish year old shieldmaiden on the Jedi path, starting on these forums to find some help and accountability on my journey.

I am interested in a little of everything, strength training, running, martial practice, etc, so I'm expecting to head down the Ranger path. Basically functional fitness, building my capacity to face any challenge life may throw at me. If I can't do it for myself, I can't help other people with it either.

I know I have a long way to go as far as fitness is concerned. I've never been able to do an unassisted pull-up in my life, and I'd love to work up to that. I've never been able to handstand or cartwheel either. I briefly did crossfit in the past but I am currently doing this on my own. I have an overcrowded local gym, some running paths, a yoga mat, and pullup bar at my disposal. Oh, and a lightsaber. I practice lightsaber stage combat and would like to be a better fighter and also get more practical fighting skills under my belt.

I'm 5'5", 180-185lb right now, interested in losing some weight in the process but not concerned with the speed at which that happens as I am also interested in building muscle/getting stronger. It's also important to me to approach this in a body positive sort of way, because I know if I focus on numbers on a scale that don't move fast enough, I'll want to just give up on it. And that is not the Jedi way.

As they say, there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. I'm admitting I don't know what the best approach is so I can learn - I know that too much all at once is also a recipe for failure. And that at the same time, that there is no try.

So that's me, in a nutshell. Looking forward to the journey.

May the Force be with you.

• Like 3

-I am one with the Force / The Force is with me-

Oak Jedi: Shieldmaiden on the Jedi path

Battle Log | Challenges: Feb, Nov 2016 / Jan, Feb, 2017

Welcome to the Forums!  I'm much in the same boat as you, an aspiring Ranger.  I've read articles and gained some knowledge, now I'm back from a week long work vacation and I'm starting fresh today.  Good luck on your journey and don't be afraid to seek advise here. 

Remember, aspiring Jedi, one of the Jedi's most important traits is Patience.  As you work through your trials and quests, know that Patience is needed.  Not just to help you down this new path in your Life, but it must be honed and soon mastered to become a true Jedi.

May the Force be with you.

• Like 2

WELCOME!!!!!  

The Star Wars universe has long been my major inspiration (along with the Arthurian legends and the Chronicles of the Deryni) to develop my mind, body, and spirit.

Are you interested in joining our month-long challenges??

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome fellow Jedi! And welcome fellow Ranger :)

You doing lightsaber combat is AWESOME. 

I'm with you on the fitness stuff. I can't do a push up at all, let alone a pull up, I can't run for more than about a minute or two without feeling like I want to collapse, most of my lifts involve dumbbells instead of barbells, and after 5 challenges I still don't have my food intake under control. 

As you said, it's a path. And it works. Slowly, but it does work :)

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you as a Ranger, as a Jedi, or as a fellow forum human.

May the Force be with you!

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Hum ..... is it time to do a Jedi accountabilities group again?

• Like 1

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Oh my goodness such an awesome welcome! I was honestly nervous before writing that first post, now I know I'm in good company here :) I am totally interested in doing challenges in the near future. Jedi accountabilities group... does that mean there was one before?

• Like 2

-I am one with the Force / The Force is with me-

Oak Jedi: Shieldmaiden on the Jedi path

Battle Log | Challenges: Feb, Nov 2016 / Jan, Feb, 2017

Oh my goodness such an awesome welcome! I was honestly nervous before writing that first post, now I know I'm in good company here :) I am totally interested in doing challenges in the near future. Jedi accountabilities group... does that mean there was one before?

I think JediNick or EricMN lead one.  If you search for "Jedi" you'll find a few of us scattered in different guilds.

Your FIRST 4-week challenge will be as a Rebel, which is a good orientation for how challenges work.  Then, you pick a guild home for each month.  Jedi are often in Rangers or Monks, but you could also argue for Assassins to work on dexterity and movement.  

• Like 2