Forums are back in action! ×

I started up here a few months ago, and have since crashed and burned hardcore.  I fatally underestimated how hard my final college courses were going to be.  Procrastination lead to all night type-fests which lead to total and utter self-destruction of any personal improvement.  The spiral continued as I took this week off work to try to catch up, only to hop on Minecraft because that castle I HAD to build was more important.

Did I mention I just turned 40?  I have the self-control of my 7 and 8 year-old children.

Here I am, after a week off, with nothing written.  Not all is lost; I have the remainder of today and tomorrow as well.  I need to get back on track.  Effective immediately:  the browsing stops.  No Reddit, No Facebook, no online searches unless it has to do directly with my paper.  No video games.  I quit them before because of issues and just need to leave them alone.

My wife gave me her Fitbit One, and I’ve been using it casually the last couple weeks.  It is my pet.  My pet needs to be in all green for it to be happy.  It’s not too hard, my job takes me over 10,000 steps each day and way over 10 floors.  I just need to make sure I get enough water and sleep, two things I have to force myself to do, and my pet will be happy with me. 

Sigh…why is it so easy to suck?

I started up here a few months ago, and have since crashed and burned hardcore.  I fatally underestimated how hard my final college courses were going to be.  Procrastination lead to all night type-fests which lead to total and utter self-destruction of any personal improvement.  The spiral continued as I took this week off work to try to catch up, only to hop on Minecraft because that castle I HAD to build was more important.

Did I mention I just turned 40?  I have the self-control of my 7 and 8 year-old children.

Here I am, after a week off, with nothing written.  Not all is lost; I have the remainder of today and tomorrow as well.  I need to get back on track.  Effective immediately:  the browsing stops.  No Reddit, No Facebook, no online searches unless it has to do directly with my paper.  No video games.  I quit them before because of issues and just need to leave them alone.

My wife gave me her Fitbit One, and I’ve been using it casually the last couple weeks.  It is my pet.  My pet needs to be in all green for it to be happy.  It’s not too hard, my job takes me over 10,000 steps each day and way over 10 floors.  I just need to make sure I get enough water and sleep, two things I have to force myself to do, and my pet will be happy with me. 

Sigh…why is it so easy to suck?

College is hard enough without adding a family into it o_o I'm almost done with undergrad and I can't even tell you the number of times that college has caused me to crash and burn on goals. Congrats to you for continuing to get back up even after all of the struggles with college!

I love my Fitbit, it helped me a lot when I first really started to get on track with things. I've got the Flex, and it's really nice because after having it for a year and a half, I can tell based on the little circles around how many steps I have, and thus, how much I can eat in a day. It's insane, but it's super helpful! The sleep function is amazing in my opinion, and the water function helped me get into the habit of drinking ALL the water. I'm better about drinking water now that I've tracked it on the Fitbit app. 

I believe in you! You can get everything done, I know it! May the Force be with you :)

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63