Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone my name is Stuart, long time stalker (of this website) first time poster in message boarder. 

I love the site and about 12 months ago the advice from articles written by Steve and the entire Nerd Fitness community helped me to lose weight and be an all round healthy guy. 

Then, well, cue huge sob story about losing my job and hating my new job but I won't make you listen to any more of my moping. So it's safe to say I've let my life spiral in a direction I don't want it to but I'm beginning to turn that around, slowly. Starting with my career and my health.

This time, I'm embracing the NF model of small changes instead of hitting the gym every day doing random things. 

This time, I will celebrate small victories such as getting up an hour before work to complete the bodyweight workout (did this yesterday, still sore, but proud)

This time, I won't convince myself that it's a cheat day so I'm allowed to eat an entire pizza, 12 donuts and drink 10 beers.

This time, There will be no excuses! 

This Time is the time that will be the last time. I hope that's as hard to read as it was to write. 

So how else do I plan on leveling up do you ask? 

Well, I'm going to enter an obstacle race for next year so I have no excuses not to train. 

I've started blogging as well as writing for a video game website. This was a passion I gave up a long time ago, but the passion is back.

This is where I shamelessly plug my latest article because I'm pretty proud of my writing and love sharing: Superhero games

The reason I've posted today is to share with others my plan, that way in my head it's out there and I can be held accountable. Also, I'd like to become part of this community to give and receive help, guidance and motivation throughout this journey. 

I apologize for the long post and I suppose I for the shameless plug too. 

PS. I'm from the UK if my post didn't make much sense. 

• Like 1

I believe in you! You've got this.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm a content writer too, it's my side job right now! :) Currently just writing for a coworker's website and doing blog posts for my company when there aren't any intern level web development tasks, but if I end up good at this I might try to make a habit of it and do it in fields that I enjoy more (I know nothing about camping... haha).

MTFBWY (May the Force be with you)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Hey, another Brit! **waves frantically**

Theres quite a few of us on here actually, I'm in Shetland, where are you?

If you've been lurking for a while then I assume you know your way around the site? There's another challenge starting soon (on the 17th) and it would be great to see you take part. :) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

My brother lived in Manchester for a while, he loved it! He moved down to London eventually, like you do, lol!

About the challenges... Theres no pressure to make any radical changes or anything like that. You can simply work on the things you've already started. Getting up early to do the bodyweight workout X times a week, not eating junk food, working on your writing, working on your positivity. These are all great challenge goals! 

I find that you are so much more accountable when you do the challenges. You've stated that you're going to do this for 4 weeks and now there's people waiting in your update, oh-oh! 

It's also good for meeting the other members and making friends. Plus it's fun! :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I've already done the living in London thing, it was fun but expensive. Plus I'm a northerner and far happier in the North with the rest of the northerners haha. 

Yeah I like the idea of the challenge and being held accountable because at the moment the only person I'm accountable to is myself and I'm a bad influence. 

• Like 1