Forums are back in action! ×

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

The vet was like hey whoa of course we have lots of people on that site just do xyz and you're all set we'll approve by fax right away

WA HOO

savings of $25 every 10 days here I come~

OH HECKIN' YES

This is great news on the cash money front!!!! (And by proxy the less stress front)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

BUT when you get all that stuff done at night, mornings are easy peasy. #WORTHIT

cooking is just as important as cleaning! if not more so. 

I'm basically an enormous zombie at 6 AM, so if I don't get it all done at night and just have everything at grab-n-go state, it's usually a terrible disaster of forgetfulness. That's how I end up wearing a sports bra at work all day, or eating pretzels out of the vending machine for breakfast XD

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

The world does not end if there is dust on the tv stand or stuff didn't get put away (because we'd be perpetually SOL around the holiday time.....), but things grind to a halt without noms.

A huge supply of shredded chicken is vital to this bulk~

Rice and potatoes nbd, easy to do quickly if needed between my frozen and microwave backup versions of these, but chicken???? Must needs prepare~

The dining table was where I did my hurried gift wrapping and it's been in a state. It looks much better now but I sure didn't finish.

42 minutes ago, shaar said:

OH HECKIN' YES

This is great news on the cash money front!!!! (And by proxy the less stress front)

tenor.gif?itemid=5167838

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I'm basically an enormous zombie at 6 AM, so if I don't get it all done at night and just have everything at grab-n-go state, it's usually a terrible disaster of forgetfulness. That's how I end up wearing a sports bra at work all day, or eating pretzels out of the vending machine for breakfast XD

giphy.gif

Wait wait wait wait wait, hold the phone.

Is that actually wrong???

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Depends on the sports bra for me! If I wore one of the "hold 'em down flat" ones instead of the "support and hold in place" ones, it can look a little odd on me. I'm not really endowed, but I've got enough that the hold-em-down-flat ones translate to kind of a weird uniboob under a shirt and it's a bit on the obvious side. Even sadder, what I've got isn't particularly dense or perky so without good support I look like boy-pecs with sad droop-flaps

Support severely needed on my chest :( I'd blame my age, but it's been this way since I was a teenager and only got worse when I lost weight.

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

Depends on the sports bra for me! If I wore one of the "hold 'em down flat" ones instead of the "support and hold in place" ones, it can look a little odd on me. I'm not really endowed, but I've got enough that the hold-em-down-flat ones translate to kind of a weird uniboob under a shirt and it's a bit on the obvious side. Even sadder, what I've got isn't particularly dense or perky so without good support I look like boy-pecs with sad droop-flaps

I guess my support level is the medium-to-light side, so the difference in presentation is minimal. Like my cleavage. So, I think I can get away with interchanging them so long as you know, fluorescent yellow straps on a wide-necked sweater don't happen. There have been days, tho, where I have come within a spat of DGAF.

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Support severely needed on my chest :( I'd blame my age, but it's been this way since I was a teenager and only got worse when I lost weight.

Yeah, a weight loss real estate fire sale is a double-edged thing. STILL KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF, THOUGH. 

• Like 4

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

That's how I end up wearing a sports bra at work all day

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I just imagine being tortured all day! Bigger ones feel like horrible bindings. :(

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

3 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I just imagine being tortured all day! Bigger ones feel like horrible bindings. :(

One style does not in fact fit all, I guess. My sports bras feel less annoying than regular bras at the end of the day, and both are made by the same manufacturer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yeah, my specific combination of not dense, not big but not small, plus a small rib cage = sports bras are rarely comfortable if they're doing any sort of good job

I've grown to love the ones that have clasps, but those are harder to find a good fit in

• Like 1

Today's to-do:

- 2 walks or 30 min at rec center

- do litter

- do dishes

- 30 min reading time

A couple of mini-goals were born today. I'm reading a LIBRARY BOOK currently (the first thing I've borrowed as yet from my somewhat recent library MEMBERSHIP) and I have about 2 weeks. I can always re-borrow if needed BUT it'd be easier if I just finished it in time. It's 900 pages, so that's about 65 pages per day.

I also don't scoop the litter often enough. Zu's SAINTLY tolerant for a cat about this, but her disease is bad enough now that it's just terribad to leave it anymore. Currently a single day of scooping is roughly equivalent to nearly a week from her healthy days.

Thus were born the goals 65 pages per day til book completion and scoop litter every day! I think I can handle this. Built in leisure with a target in mind, great goal for a stressful time.

Program:
Squats, a tale in 3x8. 95 lbs. Tough, probably hit an RPE of 8.5 today honestly. My back's a little gripey, but for all I could tell, squats did not anger it further. I blame poor sleep last night (SERIOUSLY I was up a million jillion times with rando nightmares and laying awake a bit). It's the last 8's week, and the program is scooching into strength block territory soon. Some bro things followed.

Food:

Target hazy due to Indian food today. Had chicken biryani, naan, and there was a tasty sauce, so calories kinda unknown and I'm hoping my "intuitive" eating is close enough to 1850. I'm full, anyway. Hit protein though.

Water:

Followed the no soda til after water/tea rule, got 60 oz AND some coke zero, but it had the intended effect and curbed my intake today on that front.

Cleaning:

To-do list covered all I did, just some dishes and litter scooping. I'm tired from crappy sleep, so I'm looking forward to showering, getting everything set for bench press in the morning, and curling up to sleep.

• Like 5

Non-fancy sports bras are shit for well endowed women (my other nickname is Power Girl for a reason) because after a certain size it's like if you want support they are getting BOUND DOWN which is even less comfortable than a regular bra can be. I don't even know why they make light support sports bras at that size. The fancy ones are just so damn expensive.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Non-fancy sports bras are shit for well endowed women (my other nickname is Power Girl for a reason) because after a certain size it's like if you want support they are getting BOUND DOWN which is even less comfortable than a regular bra can be. I don't even know why they make light support sports bras at that size. The fancy ones are just so damn expensive.

I cannot imagine the woes at an actually large size (I'm on some weird cusp). I suspect it's atrocious, because having to smash all that into place so it doesn't move around? Yeah that's gonna not feel awesome to wear around in the day

• Like 2

Love the new mini goals and I bet the cat will as well. :) 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Yeah mini goals! Yeah LIBRARY BOOK!!!!

Yeah naan, I love naan so much, what a bread weakness right there. ;_;  So good.  Siiiigh.  

Hope you sleep better tonight!  Sleep deficit is the real deal; one night of screwed up sleep for me will throw off my entire week, and workouts?  HA GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN rip. :[

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

9 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I did sleep much better! I was still feeling the tireds though, so bench was kinda trash, but I didn't fail any reps and I marched on through

Any sleep interruptions last night were all the cat. It is Much Too Cold for her old bones and I think she thinks I'm a tauntaun b/c she appears to be trying to sleep INSIDE OF ME

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Today got away from me a little tiny bit. But not a ton. Our washing machine is broken, and Mr Ix googled a fix but it didn't work (and I was helping, hence time getting away from me), so it's appliance repairman time. :( 

- 65 pages of The Pillars of Earth

- litter

- 60 oz water

- 90g+ protein

- around 1850 cals

- 2+ veggies: potatoes & broccoli at lunch, potatoes and broccoli at dinner

- bench press program day: 3x8 at 75 lbs, felt a little trash but not too bad

- 2 walks or 30 min elliptical at rec center

- put away laundered clothing <-- newp. Spend enough time helping maneuver a washing machine and there's no more time to hang clothes. Important stuff got did, though.

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Supposedly there is lunch. I don't know how long I'm supposed to stay or when I give up my machine? Place is super organized :P

tenor.gif?itemid=5094560

BTW, bulk = pooping a WHOLE LOT I guess?

hashtag poop chat

Investigating Sun Basket for an era when I'm more comfortable spending that kind of money on fancy foods.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, ixaera said:

- 65 pages of The Pillars of Earth

- litter

- 60 oz water

- 90g+ protein

- around 1850 cals

- 2+ veggies: potatoes & broccoli at lunch, potatoes and broccoli at dinner

- bench press program day: 3x8 at 75 lbs, felt a little trash but not too bad

- 2 walks or 30 min elliptical at rec center

- put away laundered clothing <-- newp. Spend enough time helping maneuver a washing machine and there's no more time to hang clothes. Important stuff got did, though.

Like a boss. That washing machine is so fired. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Supposedly there is lunch. I don't know how long I'm supposed to stay or when I give up my machine? Place is super organized :P

Happy last day of work! What a good feeling! At least yours managed to get it in before you left. I had to come back a few days later for my going away. :confused: 

When do you start the new gig, on Monday? 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Like a boss. That washing machine is so fired. 

Ugh it so is. We thought it was because of the 15 degree weather last week, because the washer is on an external wall and also by the garage, so we thought maybe the pipes froze. But the faucet that it's attached to is working normally, it's just not releasing water into the washing machine somehow, and it's now been warm enough for long enough that if anything were frozen, it should now not be. Mr Ix was trying to check out the intake valves on the machine but there was a complication :( Pretty sure we got that machine on sale 5 years ago so I gave him a repair pricepoint, after which we should just replace it, financially.

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Happy last day of work! What a good feeling! At least yours managed to get it in before you left. I had to come back a few days later for my going away. :confused: 

When do you start the new gig, on Monday? 

Yep, Monday. Multiple people have been surprised I didn't try to take more time off in between, but that's an UNPAID VACATION folks and I'm not about that noise

Coming back days later would be so weird! I think my boss is just doing the "ask forgiveness later" thing with the credit card. IBM certainly didn't move fast enough to approve it.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Ugh it so is. We thought it was because of the 15 degree weather last week, because the washer is on an external wall and also by the garage, so we thought maybe the pipes froze. But the faucet that it's attached to is working normally, it's just not releasing water into the washing machine somehow, and it's now been warm enough for long enough that if anything were frozen, it should now not be. Mr Ix was trying to check out the intake valves on the machine but there was a complication :( Pretty sure we got that machine on sale 5 years ago so I gave him a repair pricepoint, after which we should just replace it, financially.

we actually got a great deal on a washer and dryer through craig's list. they were in someone's vacation home that they rarely used! we've had it ~3 years? just an idea :D 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

52 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Yep, Monday. Multiple people have been surprised I didn't try to take more time off in between, but that's an UNPAID VACATION folks and I'm not about that noise

Coming back days later would be so weird! I think my boss is just doing the "ask forgiveness later" thing with the credit card. IBM certainly didn't move fast enough to approve it.

I did the same thing, ended one job on a Friday and started my new job on Monday. Plus it was/is the holiday time, so we already were having vacation. 

It was definitely weird to come back later and I tried to say no. - _ - 

I might still have to go back once or twice to help when they finally hire a new person, but we will see. (I'm still at the same university, so that is less weird.)

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }