Forums are back in action! ×

So moral of the weekend, getting a little drunk is so not worth it! 

Go away stress and cold!

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

59 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

So moral of the weekend, getting a little drunk is so not worth it! 

Go away stress and cold!

Haha, if I could just hit the sweet spot where I'm relaxed and better at socializing and stay there, it would be great. All drugs have their price, I suppose.

I woke up feeling 100% fine so I was either just having a bout with strange allergies or I've held the gates successfully against the invaders

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I woke up feeling 100% fine so I was either just having a bout with strange allergies or I've held the gates successfully against the invaders

It's totally the latter IMO.

Yeah if I have too much to drink it's pretty much the same, I crash out for a short time and then am awake staring at the wall for 5 hours.  It's a good reminder for me to take it easy, but in social settings, it can be haaaard.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Yeah if I have too much to drink it's pretty much the same, I crash out for a short time and then am awake staring at the wall for 5 hours.  It's a good reminder for me to take it easy, but in social settings, it can be haaaard.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

New massage therapist was A+++++

I hate to say it, but she is possibly EVEN BETTER than the girl who left, so she will be an excellent replacement. I feel footloose and fancy free and slightly sleepy

But I must not nap! I have new dishes to clean and laundry to finish

ok and then a nap to take

we got brand new down pillows (we'd had our IKEA pillows for about 8 years, they sucked) and they're THE SHIT you guys

Also, I love days off.

• Like 3

Quick pre-work update:

Program: Fine, deload week continues. Some super light squats that I did without my fancy shoes to try and work on form, stopped doing feet elevated glute bridges and finished them at home because the gym was full of brohams somehow at 8:45 AM on a Monday and they normally don't pay attention to me but for SOME REASON humping the sky draws the eye couldn't say why this is

Food: Fine, but weight is still climbing very quickly. Three weeks ago when the bulk began, I was 101.6. I am 104.8 today. That's 3 lbs in 3 weeks instead of .75 lbs in 3 weeks.

More time, I know.

Checked out the space that opened up where the My Fit Foods used to be, which is on the way to work (I was off yesterday but wanted to scope it out). It's basically the same, and does totally have microwaves and tables so you can eat there if you wish. It's a candidate for chilling out post-workout.

Thursday I'll check out a Mom & Pop diner that's on the way also.

Other stuff: Might be a chemburn from chopping poblanos yesterday (I made chili) but it feels weird for that and I'm concerned there's something up with my elbow pinching a nerve. :|

tenor.gif?itemid=5540088

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ixaera said:

Other stuff: Might be a chemburn from chopping poblanos yesterday (I made chili) but it feels weird for that and I'm concerned there's something up with my elbow pinching a nerve. :|

So, wait, are you saying the chemburn and the elbow nerve are related or two separate problems. Because that would be an interesting causation. "pinched a nerve chopping poblanos, what is my life"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

4 hours ago, ixaera said:

Quick pre-work update:

Program: Fine, deload week continues. Some super light squats that I did without my fancy shoes to try and work on form, stopped doing feet elevated glute bridges and finished them at home because the gym was full of brohams somehow at 8:45 AM on a Monday and they normally don't pay attention to me but for SOME REASON humping the sky draws the eye couldn't say why this is

hahahaha i also feel this way doing these in the gym.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, Cataleya said:

Also I didn't even know what a poblano was until Schatz asked for some to make a soup which I hope he makes Thursday and here you are getting chemical burns from them

WELCOME TO PEPPERS, HERE IS A HAZMAT SUIT.

You know why they call it pepper spray right, lol?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

8 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I only really knew of jalapenos, ghost, and bell peppers man idk Germans don't really do spicy

Which is what's gonna make this dinner so interesting as it has both poblano and jalapenos...

Poblanos aren't actually that spicy (to me anyway) so you should be fine (depending on how many jalapenos). I usually use poblanos to add that poblano flavor vs adding a bunch for heat.

heat.png

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Poblanos aren't actually that spicy (to me anyway) so you should be fine (depending on how many jalapenos). I usually use poblanos to add that poblano flavor vs adding a bunch for heat.

heat.png

Holy shit.

I've used Carolina Reapers a few times in the past to make some face-burning peach salsa and... phew yeah they're gnarly.  I didn't know they'd be near the top of the list though!  Latex gloves when handling FTW.  (Honestly I should do that with any pepper, I hate having a little cut on my finger or cuticle and some of the pepper oils of course get in there, Y O W C H)

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

So, wait, are you saying the chemburn and the elbow nerve are related or two separate problems. Because that would be an interesting causation. "pinched a nerve chopping poblanos, what is my life"

I'm on mobile so quotes are now hard lol

I'm not sure what it was but it stopped entirely by lunch yesterday

18 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hahahaha i also feel this way doing these in the gym.

they're soooo awkward (butt helpful!)

12 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I'm glad you schedule and went to the massage therapist

Also I didn't even know what a poblano was until Schatz asked for some to make a soup which I hope he makes Thursday and here you are getting chemical burns from them

I looooved poblanos but I was just cutting a lot of them and handling seeds and I don't think I washed my hands for a while after? they're mild but delicious and I like them in place of bell pepper which I dislike

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, shaar said:

Holy shit.

I've used Carolina Reapers a few times in the past to make some face-burning peach salsa and... phew yeah they're gnarly.  I didn't know they'd be near the top of the list though!  Latex gloves when handling FTW.  (Honestly I should do that with any pepper, I hate having a little cut on my finger or cuticle and some of the pepper oils of course get in there, Y O W C H)

yeeeesh! yes i wear latex gloves to cut anything above a jalapeno. no ty.

23 minutes ago, ixaera said:

they're soooo awkward (butt helpful!)

ah ha! i see what you did there.

• Like 3

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Program stuff: Still deloading this week. Light bench and a few sets of accessories. 

Food stuff: Figuring it out, but hitting macros meanwhile.

I think I've got a feeding schedule planned out that'll work. Was having some troubles figuring out how to breakfast around the free lunch at work, but after some good brainstorming, I think I've got a plan. Fell into the caramel macchiato trap twice this week because there's a Starbucks on site and learned my lesson because I had to cut cheese and a roll out of my chili and BOY HOWDY did I not want to do that (but the chili was great by itself anyway, I just wanted my cheese and carb dammit). No caramel macchiato is worth the loss of chili cheese & roll.

tenor.gif?itemid=4502199

The litter box thing has been going fine. I missed a few days at one point, but mostly I'm getting that done. Probably will track it better once I'm more settled again.

I'm still reading The Pillars of the Earth, just not 65 pages a day. Nearly daily though. I had to re-borrow yesterday and I'm closing in on 2/3s done

New job is incredibly busy and there's SO MUCH to know. Compared to my last job, this place is SRS BIZNIS, which is good that is what I wanted. But now I have a lot less forums time, or really anything time.

• Like 1

awesome to hear that everything is coming along nicely! you'll fall into a routine with your new job and if that means less forum time so that you can clean out your litter box or make breakfast, we're okay with that ;) 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

10 hours ago, ixaera said:

I think I've got a feeding schedule planned out that'll work. Was having some troubles figuring out how to breakfast around the free lunch at work, but after some good brainstorming, I think I've got a plan. Fell into the caramel macchiato trap twice this week because there's a Starbucks on site and learned my lesson because I had to cut cheese and a roll out of my chili and BOY HOWDY did I not want to do that (but the chili was great by itself anyway, I just wanted my cheese and carb dammit). No caramel macchiato is worth the loss of chili cheese & roll.

amen! that is what I am reminding myself when I'm tempted by keurig hot cocoa at work. "hmmm, 70 cals of hot cocoa or 70 cals of cheese???" cheese makes everything better.

10 hours ago, ixaera said:

New job is incredibly busy and there's SO MUCH to know. Compared to my last job, this place is SRS BIZNIS, which is good that is what I wanted. But now I have a lot less forums time, or really anything time.

but the job feels rewarding??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

amen! that is what I am reminding myself when I'm tempted by keurig hot cocoa at work. "hmmm, 70 cals of hot cocoa or 70 cals of cheese???" cheese makes everything better.

cheese is my everything <3

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

but the job feels rewarding??

I don't yet know enough to feel useful enough to feel rewarded, but that's coming. There's just a lot of random product knowledge to gain, and I'm getting there as long as I stop making dumb mistakes on JIRA tickets

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I don't yet know enough to feel useful enough to feel rewarded, but that's coming. There's just a lot of random product knowledge to gain, and I'm getting there as long as I stop making dumb mistakes on JIRA tickets

To be fair, ticket systems are made by actual trolls. The f you mean I add a discussion item it marks the ticket as not ready??