Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

I may of cried over reading that Cecil Baldwin, the guy who voices Cecil Palmer of Night Vale, is involved.

I found out about this because of Cecil posting it on his Twitter feed. I LOVE Night Vale. Going to see them on their live tour in April. :D

• Like 3

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

I came across this kickstarter today for Lightspeed Magazine. I've never read their stuff but it seems pretty cool. I think I'm going to contribute. Thought I would pass it along. 

Also, it looks like instead of the LGBTetc they use QUILTBAG. I like it. It's cute. :D

Very cool, have to back that!

• Like 3

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

I found out about this because of Cecil posting it on his Twitter feed. I LOVE Night Vale. Going to see them on their live tour in April. :D

Aww. Can you sneak me in with you? *puppy dog face*

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Aww. Can you sneak me in with you? *puppy dog face*

LOL well I guess that depends on your proximity to Alabama. You should check out their live dates though. If they are going to be in Alabama, of all places, they are going to be in a LOT of cities. 

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

I thought this was pretty cool of my partner:

He has been staying with his Mum in his hometown, which has a population of about 400 during shearing season and a general population of maybe 300 normally including all the farmers within a 150 km radius........it's small, redneck and homophobic because well small Aussie towns are where blokes are manly mans!

Anyway apparently conversation turns to one of the wee lads who is on one of the farms in the area and the company he is in starts talking of this camp, poofta kid and how he loves singing and dancing and dressing up. My partner starts talking to this company of people including his sisters and mother that this kid cannot help it, it is a matter of having no choice of sexuality and gay and lesbian and transgender people are just born different, he then tells them of our friends and how one of them is transitioning from female to male and just had a double mastectomy. He reckons it went dead quiet, his Mum then started asking questions. I really think it scared him to think that he used to be one of these homophobic dickheads. Over time though and having relationships with my brother and my friends he has seen that it is a struggle being different, but at the end of the day we are all the same wanting the same things, love, happiness, a good job and a home to raise children or pets or both.

He also mentioned that young gay/lesbian adults in these towns have a far higher suicide rate because of homophobic attitudes and that as a society we are still failing these already isolated kids. This seemed to shut them down apparently, we know of two people our age in the area that suicided in their 20's. Maybe it was this, maybe it wasn't who's to say.

I know this kids parents and I think they are great people and I know his Mum has a broad world view, it's just a shame the rest of the town doesn't.

Anyway feeling the love for my partner right now. We don't always agree and he can be a right dick at times but he surprises me every now and then.

• Like 6

Wait! What............?

That's awesome of your partner to stand up and say something! It's super easy to go along with the crowd and just nod your head and let bigots be bigots, so major props! :D Not to bring it down, but I do just want to clarify quickly

camp, poofta kid and how he loves singing and dancing and dressing up

while this is certainly the stereotypical idea of what a gay man is like to many straight people, none of those things make you gay. I feel that pointing out there's nothing wrong with anyone (straight, gay or otherwise) enjoying singing or dancing or dressing up is just as valid a point here. 

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Oh noes. Just read through all the SFW chapter...is it really done? No more stories after Jamie's? D:

Not as a full-blown new chapter, but Charlie&Jamie-story goes on a bit more on the 4th side story.

http://www.discordcomics.com/side-story-4-page-01/ (Author has stated on the site the side stories are NSFW, so handle the link with care ;) )

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

LOL well I guess that depends on your proximity to Alabama. You should check out their live dates though. If they are going to be in Alabama, of all places, they are going to be in a LOT of cities.

Well I do have family there. Maybe I can put up with eccentric engineer and his interesting family. Maybe make it a drinking game out of it.

Maybe be smart to see if it will be in NYC (which would be a crime not to)

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Oh before I forget since I was on Kickstarter too long, I saw cool comic called Flesh and Blood. It's suppose to be the sequel to Under My Skin, which I just started reading.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Well I do have family there. Maybe I can put up with eccentric engineer and his interesting family. Maybe make it a drinking game out of it.

Maybe be smart to see if it will be in NYC (which would be a crime not to)

Eccentric engineer and interesting family. So let me guess... Huntsville? 

It would be smart to do anything in NYC. Absolutely anything. But certainly, to go see Night Vale. 

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Eccentric engineer and interesting family. So let me guess... Huntsville? 

It would be smart to do anything in NYC. Absolutely anything. But certainly, to go see Night Vale. 

Very good. *clap*  I'm guessing not much other places people really live. Alabama is very depressing state (you really feel it all of sudden crossing the border).

NYC is overrated though. Fun way to watch your hard earn money disappear quickly just buying a sandwich and a drink. And don't even get me started on all the small bookstores and art places that been in that city for so long, but having to leave to take residency in Brooklyn because the rent is too damn high. And how no one in that city votes (in the mayor election), which ends up f***in the rest of New Yorkers. Damn cityiots.

3telm5.jpg

Sad how my state is too expensive. Thank NYC for f***in that up too. Ok I done with going off topic and starting a small ranting.

Atleast we have gay marriage. *sigh*

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I live in Birmingham, which is a much bigger city than Huntsville. Both are cities with their own dominant industries - science in Huntsville, obviously, with the space center. And along with that comes a lot of military and etc. Medicine in Birmingham (also a lot of banking, but medicine is really the big thing in the 'ham). Which of the two is better is up for debate - there's more going on in Birmingham, as is always the case with a larger city. There are more jobs both in and out of the main industries. Huntsville has more of a geek community (although with the big med school and etc, geeks aren't exactly an endangered species in Birmingham). Huntsville also has way better city planning. I have a friend who lives there and after visiting a few times, I said "so does everyone have sidewalks in Huntsville?" She said "you don't have sidewalks???" "Well... no, not everywhere." 

I prefer Birmingham because I like bigger places. I could see living in Huntsville. I hear Mobile is cool, I haven't really spent any time there. That's about it for places that are halfway decent in Alabama. Ultimately, I will probably give up and move to Atlanta one day, whenever I decide that a cooler city is worth all the damn traffic. Because yeah, Alabama is depressing. At least we have good local craft beer now.

New York City is actually my favorite place in the world to visit, of the places I've seen so far. Pricey, sure. Travel is always pricey though. Big cities are pricey. I was last there 2 years ago, though, and got by just fine eating mainly at diner counters. And frankly, you cannot beat New York for public transportation. Atlanta has their crappy MARTA system that only travels in two directions, which does practically nothing to cut back on traffic from the 6 million people commuting in and out of the suburbs daily. In Birmingham if you don't have a car, you're completely out of luck. I ended up visiting New York alone (I was planning a trip with a friend, but then things happened and he couldn't make it), and it's pretty awesome to be able to go it alone through the city just by using the subway. I will say that the price of living space there is a thing that keeps me from wanting to move there, though. 

And yes, you do have gay marriage. Although now it actually seems like we are getting close to that. Surprising, but cool. I'll take it. :)

Very good. *clap*  I'm guessing not much other places people really live. Alabama is very depressing state (you really feel it all of sudden crossing the border).

Explain to me this thing where you strikethrough something that you want to say. I see this now and then, and I figure it's an internet dialect that I just haven't learned yet. What is the intention of this? 

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Explain to me this thing where you strikethrough something that you want to say. I see this now and then, and I figure it's an internet dialect that I just haven't learned yet. What is the intention of this? 

I've not seen anyone else do this. I think the strikeouts represent the unspoken thoughts that accompany the spoken ones (not that any of them are actually spoken, but you know what I mean).

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I'm the master of strikeouts. Fear me.

giphy.gif

Basically it's the unspoken word, but I use bit too much ....maybe

• Like 4

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Alright, I'm sick in bed and on vacation from work for a week. Also, my partner's off on a fishing trip (read drinking trip) for a few days. I needs the help. Suggestions for web comics or downloadable comics would be much appreciated. I usually read Marvel mostly X-Men and Thor, but I'm bored of the mainstream stuff. What are you people reading? Inclusion of les or bi characters is always a plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basically it's the unspoken word, but I use bit too much ....maybe

Gotcha. 

Since we were talking about my state, I have to celebrate this: same sex couples are officially getting marriage licenses in Alabama this morning. It's imperfect: some judges are withholding licenses and our Chief Justice Roy Moore is trying to follow in the footsteps of George Wallace and block the whole thing, but there are gay people officially married. In Ala-fuckin'-bama. I expect there to be some disputes over the next few weeks, but I'm still amazed this is happening. Here in Birmingham I was watching the news this morning before work - they noted that there had been ONE protester at the downtown courthouse, but he left. Probably didn't want to be on the news. 

Link if you want to follow along as Alabama dips a toe into modern times. I know what I'll be looking at most of the day today. Yay! We weren't last!!!

10383110702a12240758606ml.jpg

Alright, I'm sick in bed and on vacation from work for a week. Also, my partner's off on a fishing trip (read drinking trip) for a few days. I needs the help. Suggestions for web comics or downloadable comics would be much appreciated. I usually read Marvel mostly X-Men and Thor, but I'm bored of the mainstream stuff. What are you people reading? Inclusion of les or bi characters is always a plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a new comic, Bitch Planet. Only two issues out but I LOVE it. Written by Kelly Sue DeConnick, feminist-themed comic about a prison planet women are sent to for being "non compliant". I can't remember if there are lesbian characters in it. I assume there will be at some point, partly because it's a prison planet full of women (I mean, hello...) and also Kelly Sue is pretty rad. She's rocking the racial inclusion on this title already as it is.

Also reading The Wicked + The Divine. Gods as pop stars. A bit of gayness to it, but so far in a "gods want to do everyone" kind of a way. 

Both of these are Mature titles or whatever rating system comic shops like to use. 

Edited to add - I have no idea what the availability of these is digitally.

• Like 4

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Yay! We weren't last!!!

That will be the state I'm currently in...Mississippi, we make Alabama look good...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

That will be the state I'm currently in...Mississippi, we make Alabama look good...

Maybe the saddest statement I have ever heard. 

*waves a magic wand and moves us all to Oregon* 

Florida is downright ultra left comparatively! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Yep, lived in Florida before moving here...

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Honestly, I thought we would be neck and neck in this, the 49th and 50th state to get gay marriage, hold-outs to the very end. But here Alabama is at 37. So who knows what other miracles may occur. 

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet