Forums are back in action! ×

cn3wton, Battle log of Ages

17 hours ago, deftona said:

The lawn care bit of the weekend sounds like a proper debacle! 

Oh it certainly was!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I am both happy and frustrated today.

Its about a month since I started my new weightloss journey and I am down 22.1lbs. That is an achievement I am proud of. I am feeling better (mostly) every day and things seem to be trending in a great direction.

But my knee has been proving problematic. I always seem to do something for a short amount of time fitness wise and end up hurting myself. It seems to be my curse. I am hoping taking it easy over the weekend while I am going camping will help remedy it.

I want to push my new prowler so bad, but I also have to let my knee heal. I keep trying to think back to what I did to it and I honestly just think I overworked it. Of course the "You will need a knee replacement by 30" voice of my doctor all those years ago has me worried as well. 

I have decided to get everything set up for the prowler tonight and just test it gently. No forceful pushes but something to make me feel like I am using the damn thing.

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

22 lbs down is an amazing achievement - well done! As for the knee issue, have you tried really focusing on stretching? I used to have big problems with my knees until someone on here suggested a comprehensive stretching routine (it might have been @Shello?) because there are lots of muscles that intersect at the knee. I now make sure I stretch all of the main lower body muscles and it made the world of difference to my knees. 

Whatever it is I hope you find some relief because it's a shame when stuff like this stalls the momentum a little bit. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

2 hours ago, deftona said:

22 lbs down is an amazing achievement - well done! As for the knee issue, have you tried really focusing on stretching? I used to have big problems with my knees until someone on here suggested a comprehensive stretching routine (it might have been @Shello?) because there are lots of muscles that intersect at the knee. I now make sure I stretch all of the main lower body muscles and it made the world of difference to my knees. 

Whatever it is I hope you find some relief because it's a shame when stuff like this stalls the momentum a little bit. 

You knwo what I hadn't even thought of it! I have been doing DDPY and thought of that as "enough" stretching but I think I might have to pull some exercises out to give it a shot! Cant hurt.

• Like 1

Had a good moment today. 

I was washing my hands in the bathroom at work before eating my lunch and I looked into the mirror. And I was happy with how I looked. I looked healtheir, and happier. My hair and beard is in order and it looks like I give a shit. My shirt is fitting better and I felt good about everything.

I have had these moments before and I have learned just how important they are. I never really learned to care about myself when I lost weight before. Sure I was eating healthier, working out, and taking better physical care of myself. But that's not the same. 

There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, mistakes and blemishes included. It has taken me a long time to learn this.

• Like 6

This weekend I am going camping and looking forward to seeing my family and relaxing by the smoker.

I plan on smoking brisket and ribs on two seperate days, cooking chicken tomorrow night on the grill with some corn (one of my new favorite things to do!)

I am not going to track this weekend but I am going to try to be somewhat good and stick to my meal plan. I am going to walk the dog and get some moderate exercise, but I want to make sure I rest my knee as well.

• Like 2

So I just saw an add for these "Conquerer Challenges" that I think looks really cool https://www.theconqueror.events/

Basically you track your distance with their app and once your done you get a medal. I'm thinking that might be a fun challenge to do with some folks if anyone is interested!

Has anyone tried this before?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:37 AM, cn3wton said:

So I just saw an add for these "Conquerer Challenges" that I think looks really cool https://www.theconqueror.events/

Basically you track your distance with their app and once your done you get a medal. I'm thinking that might be a fun challenge to do with some folks if anyone is interested!

Has anyone tried this before?

Haven't tried them but they look cool!!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 5/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, RES said:

Haven't tried them but they look cool!!

I am thinking of incorporating one into my next challenge!

• Like 1

I had a fantastic weekend. I made the decision not to track over the weekend while remaining mindful of what I ate. I wouldn't binge, but I wouldn't deny myself some things either. This morning I am only up .5lbs from before the weekend, I will take that as a win. 

I got home yesterday from camping and got right to work. Trimming and mowing the yard took about 3 hours. The trimming had not been done yet this season and boy did it need it. Due to the now 3 large holes in my back yard a lot of areas need to be either trimmed or left to overgrow as its incredibly likely that if I drove the mower over it it would collapse. So quite a bit was trimmed, except the area that is taped off. I am growing frustrated with the people replacing my septic. It was a few weeks 2 months ago.

After all the yard work my parents and I planted the garden. Peppers, tomatoes, zuchhini, squash, carrots, hot peppers, and some flowers. Its a modest garden this year but I am excited to do it. I will need to be dilligent about weeding it however as a few years back when I did it it got quite out of hand.

I am hoping to stop and get 2 bolts for the prowler tonight so I can get that ready to go. My knee is feeling much better and saying I am relieved is an understatement!

Time to kick this whole thing up a notch!

• Like 3

• Like 1

I have found this meme and can relate ATM

ofpfajeieo171.png?width=628&height=610

I saw some unflattering photos of me from the weekend. I am not discouraged as much as I am dissapointed? I think recommitting to the plan and taking it to the next level is strongly required.

• Like 4

So this morning was the first morning (other than when I went camping) that I did not weigh myself. I'm sad to lose the streak but I will get right back into it tomorrow. As I have said before I weigh myself every day as a routine to take care of myself. The number does not mean as much as the intent.

I have the bolts to get the prowler all set up, so I will be pushing that on my driveway later tonight. I'm sure its gonna make a hell of a racket but I don't care. The neighbors can deal with it. I am going to ease into it with 10 trips down and back with an empty prowler. Rest equal to the time it took to complete the last round. Its what I did before. The empty prowler shouldnt be so bad, but to be fair pushing the prowler on pavement is 10x harder than on turf so we will just have to see.

I'm still not sure what I will have for dinner but something small if anything.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, cn3wton said:

I saw some unflattering photos of me from the weekend. I am not discouraged as much as I am dissapointed? I think recommitting to the plan and taking it to the next level is strongly required.

I feel this on a deeply personal level after looking at some of me on the last few rides...recommitting and eliminating what's not working is what I've been doing as well!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 5/25/2021 at 10:01 AM, deftona said:

I don't think it was me or I have forgotten.  I have had issues with my knees as well so I would be interested in whatever it was.  

All that food you had planned sounds amazing!  Congrats on the 22 pounds.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 6/5/2021 at 1:33 PM, RES said:

I feel this on a deeply personal level after looking at some of me on the last few rides...recommitting and eliminating what's not working is what I've been doing as well!

Its the best approach I believe! Though one actually has to commit for it to be successful and the last few days I have been under the weather and not quite so commited.

2 minutes ago, Shello said:

I don't think it was me or I have forgotten.  I have had issues with my knees as well so I would be interested in whatever it was.  

All that food you had planned sounds amazing!  Congrats on the 22 pounds.  

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

As of today I am down 24 lbs. I am 1 lb away from breaking the 340lb mark. It's exciting. Its hard to get excited about weighing 339 lbs BUT its far better than weighing 365. 

I have been sick with some kind of stomach bug since Sunday. I finally was able to return to work today but it has put a bit of a damper on the workouts. And while my food choices are mostly "what I can get people to bring me" I have still been tracking and remaining mostly under my calories.

Saturday a friend that I met while I streamed on Twitch drove out for a meetup with myself and two friends. He stayed at my house. It was a great time though we did drink a bit more than I usually do. I haven't really drank anything in months and forgot why I stopped. I remembered quite quickly that night as the acid reflux flare ups kept me awake and miserable. No doubt attributing to my stomach issues the last few days. So I believe that I am done drinking for pretty much ever. I am not a huge drinker, and I did not by any means drink a ton that night. I drank more water than alcohal. It clearly just does not settle well. My friend brought his blackstone  flat top grill and made smash burgers and the best cheese dogs you will ever find. So I went a bit over on calories Saturday but I am fine with that.

I am catching back up at work right now so we shall see how that goes!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the weight loss. Way to go on tracking calories even while you were sick.

Thanks its been a bit rough but I think I am coming through the other side!

Made a delicious salad for lunch today. Its similar to the one I normally make, though I am trying to up the veggie count. This time it was

1/2 pint blueberries

1 pre packaged cup of Peaches 

1/2 bell pepper sliced

1/2 large cucumber

1 container of spring mix

2 tablespoons of oil

Salt and Pepper

E4bDhBZX0AQ3ZtM.thumb.jpg.7846eba5dd2f3feee8335dee3e5a85ff.jpg

• Like 4

Yum!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 6/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, RES said:

Yum!!

It was delicous!

• Like 1

I am officially 28.1 lbs down and I feel like the momentum is in my favor! Even with a few really bad food decision days last week I am still on track. I am growing more and more confident of my plan and how I am tackling this.

I recieved a call this morning that my well water shows possible signs of bacteria. I replaced all the dogs water with fresh water from a jug and placed calls to try to get this fixed. I don't often drink the water but I do so rarely. So now I am wondering if this has caused some of my "issues" lately. We will see how that goes.

Tonight is my first day off from my own business this week and I am very much looking forward to that. I definitely need some time away from it and at least some time to myself. 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

I ordered Rebel Green fruit and veggie cleaner online today. I want to keep pushing to have my go to salad a few more times a week. I am pushing for 10lbs down a month and I think its achievable. But I want to crush it. I know there are two keys to that.

Focused diet. So I'm not talking about Keto, low carb, any of that kind of stuff right now. I am talking about continuing to stay dedicated to tracking and making even better choices and preparation for the weeks meals. My big downfall right now is lunch while I am at work. I bought the heated lunchbox and have yet to use it. That has to change. Not only will this help with my "diet", but costs as well.

Dedicated Exercise. I have not done DDPY in two weeks. I need to get back on that. I truly do enjoy it but I cannot keep pushing it off to do it with my friend. I need to be independent with it as well. On top of this I need to start pushing the prowler again. Both of these things will keep pushing me towards my goal.

I know I am on the right track. I know that I am doing well and making good progress. This is sustainable I know that as well. I just need to keep pushing!

• Like 5