Forums are back in action! ×

Begin and Begin Again

I'm beginning to doubt my ability to ever get very far past the respawn point. It's a perpetual Game Over. Every time I think I'm starting to get a handle on one thing, something comes up and throws me off the path. This past year I have: gotten a new job, moved twice, and gotten married. Now, those are all valid disruptions, but also mostly just excuses.

My main problem is, and has always been, keeping my eating clean. It's gotten to the point where I wonder if I'm simply incapable of eating well. I know somewhere out there is the Ring of Clean Eating and if I can just fucking find it, I can master this particular downfall of mine. So far, that boss beats me every time.

So, here it goes again. Getting back on track, fighting the good fight, eating the good food, Crossfitting the good Crossfit. 

• Like 2

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Its always tough to feel like you're falling back again and again but its often about changing something in your routine. Of course, your routine has been pretty hectic - let yourself see that, and don't kick yourself or linger on whether the moves and the job changes were disruptions or excuses. A different approach to eating healthily might be the key, or perhaps it will just click with time. Either way, wishing you the best of luck! I know you can find that ring. :)

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

I definitely know that feeling, eating well is my biggest bossfight always. Temptation food is of the dark side! We have to learn to be strong enough in the Force to either ignore the temptation completely or, like  Master Mace Windu, be able to take the baby steps into the darkness in order to further the agenda of the light (eating small bits of things you want, eating out with your friends occasionally, ect. so that you stop the cravings). Stay in the light, remember your training, and remember to trust in the Force! :)

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I thought I had posted on this topic but the internet must have eaten it (no pun intended). There is no one and done switch inside our heads where we change habits, it's a gradual shift. One of the first things that has to change is what we consciously tell ourselves. Tell yourself you are now a clean eater, then make some small, measurable changes that prove what you are saying is true. When that works, make another small change.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Confession: Total nerd boner for the Littany Against Fear Quote in sig.

Okay... that aside.

Perpetual Game Over?

"Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to get back up." -Alfred

If your weakness is always eating clean, then set small goals for yourself that help you to slowly improve your eating habits. Make small changes. Make them slowly. But when you make them, focus on making them last. You don't have to give up ALL THE THINGS at once. Decide what your end goal is. Decide what steps you want to take to get there. Make them 1 at a time.

You can totally do it this time!

• Like 2

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

Thanks for all the support!

You guys are definitely right. Small steps lead to larger successes. I have a habit of trying to do all things at once and getting frustrated. I've tried to address this in the 6-week challenge that's about to start, by setting what I think are achievable goals.

• Like 1

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Don't look at it as a series of failures. Look at it as a series of good days punctuated by the occasional error.

There really isn't any magical Ring of Clean Eating, there's Do or Do Not, every day. though I can promise that if you build the habits it will become easier. The world will always have McFakefood and you may always be tempted by it, but if you get used to having the good stuff, the temptation will lessen... And more importantly, meanwhile your body will thank you for all the good meals.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.