Forums are back in action! ×

Level up to Jason Bourne

Hey all,

After picking up and reading a copy of Level Up Your Life from the local library I had to come here to see what it was all about. Unfortunately can't join the academy yet so I decided to post here to see what you guys and gals think of Leveling up to Jason Bourne.

It has always been my dream to be one of the best in the world. I grew up in a family rich with special operations history (with 1 member who I've been told from my grandmother is a star in Langley, who knows if this is true but still awesome to think it may be in my genes!). Unfortunately I was medically denied into every branch of the US military, appealed, then denied, then wrote congressmen and denied that route too. Anyways sorry to ramble, but this denial led to me getting COMPLETELY out of shape, mentally and physically.

Here is a link to the google sheet that has my level 1-10 on leveling up to Jason Bourne, please help me tailor it to being a guide I can follow to achieve the goal of becoming a Jason Bourne.

I was thinking about creating a blog based on my Journey from Level 0 in most categories, to (hopefully) Level 10 in all. 

• Like 3

hi 

welcome to the rebellion.

If you havn't alread read this post in nf

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/11/03/becoming-jason-bourne-how-to-live-like-an-international-spy/ 

You might also  like this

You can use a free site duolingo for learning languages. Or if you can pay premium courses like fluentin3months are great. Duolingo is a great start.

Here is a thread with link to some parkour resourses

Other than doing like 100 reps of exercises, you can add the harder variations into your workout. Work your way up to one handed pushups, pull ups and pistol squats.

Join the upcomimg for week challange.

Good luck

Edited :

P.S I also read this 

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Image result for welcome to the club gif

Or, well, you know; nerdy fitness club. 

So I'm Stella and I'm still recently new; completing my first four week challenge now. Sounds pretty awesome that you have such a strong link to special operations within your family! I'm sorry that you weren't allowed to pursue the path you wanted to due to something medical; but its great to see your "level up to Jason Bourne" plan! And not just because I'm an organization freak who loves myself a good spreadsheet, ha. There are a few guilds here as you probably know but your goals seem to fit at least partially into most of them, so feel free to pop your head in to any of the guild threads whenever you'd like. 

I hope to see you around the forum!

Stella 

:) 

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

I have to say, that is an epic spreadsheet. I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of the quests? :P

But welcome to the Rebellion! When you say you wanted to create a blog, do you mean one on a separate website, or a Daily Battle Log? As for advice for your plan, I would definitely recommend going to talk in the other guilds and trying out a challenge with implementing your Level 1 goals for the next month.

Good luck with leveling up!

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Thanks for all the interest in the thread! I'll definitely head over to the challenges and try to set up one in the rebel guild.

On September 20, 2016 at 7:39 AM, ajoylucid said:

You might also  like this

You can use a free site duolingo for learning languages. Or if you can pay premium courses like fluentin3months are great. Duolingo is a great start.

Here is a thread with link to some parkour resourses

Join the upcomimg for week challange.

Good luck

Edited :

P.S I also read this 

Thanks for these resources! I actually switched from Mango languages to duolingo since it is more convenient. I also ready ItsTactical and love the how to articles. One of my master quest is to attend Don Shipley's Hell Week and then a few weeks after attend the ItsTactical retreat.

4 hours ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

I have to say, that is an epic spreadsheet. I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of the quests? :P

But welcome to the Rebellion! When you say you wanted to create a blog, do you mean one on a separate website, or a Daily Battle Log? As for advice for your plan, I would definitely recommend going to talk in the other guilds and trying out a challenge with implementing your Level 1 goals for the next month.

Good luck with leveling up!

Go for it! I'm thinking of creating a blog like in Level Up Your Life, he recommends just buying the domain and get started. Fitness and personal life leveling up isn't my thing, but sharing my journey from nerd pretengineer to special operations commando might prove to be interesting.

Also in process of updating it now with other scribbles I made throughout the day. Please feel free to comment in the sheet it has comment privileges.

The Jason Bourne thingy is what triggered me too. Even though I'm not from a background like yours at all (very much standard european middle class here) i think i get a bit of the feeling you have with this. I've been denied entrance into law enforcement after highschool. Can I just say I love your spreadsheet. Would you mind if I take some inspiration from it?

And with the blog: yes please do! For now I'll follow you on these boards.

• Like 1
On September 30, 2016 at 0:27 AM, Raven ShadowCat said:

How are things going now, Blackops? I, and I think a lot here, would love to hear about your journey, small steps or not.

It would be a shame if your spreadsheet would only be a (glorious) pair of underpants: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/05/underpants-gnomes/

Unfortunately, I was collecting some underpants. Time to figure out where I was and start over. 

Hint: This time I'm going to buy the package...

Glad I saw this. Jason Bourne is my physical ideal. I went blind mere days after watching a Jason Bourne movie, and Matt Damon's body is one of the only visual memories I have left. Not a bad visual memory either, if I do say so myself... Anyway, he's a boss. Definitely a great role model. I'd love to help with languages, by the way. I'm obsessed with them and have some free time for the next while. I'm a native English speaker, then I've studied Latin, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. Russian is my weakest.

Onward and upward!

Welcome Blackops! Definitely suggest checking out the monthly challenge boards. They are great for accountability and getting to know fellow druids!

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Awesome stuff. I started a firearms thread as a martial art discipline in the Monks section, since I've been interested in it and looking to develop the skills. At the moment I have a medium-term plan of gaining proficiency in defensive handgun, maybe get some IDPA experience, then eventually get into 3-gun once I have a good amount of savings.

The situational awareness stuff is interesting. (My SA sucks big time.) I've been meaning to find some stuff to work on with that, but I'm at a loss for specific steps I can take. Any tips would be appreciated. 

I'll definitely be following your journey around.

5 hours ago, Machete said:

Awesome stuff. I started a firearms thread as a martial art discipline in the Monks section, since I've been interested in it and looking to develop the skills. At the moment I have a medium-term plan of gaining proficiency in defensive handgun, maybe get some IDPA experience, then eventually get into 3-gun once I have a good amount of savings.

The situational awareness stuff is interesting. (My SA sucks big time.) I've been meaning to find some stuff to work on with that, but I'm at a loss for specific steps I can take. Any tips would be appreciated. 

There are seasonal armed OCRs (I know of a few in the DC area that are very much like zombie runs on Halloween and I think there's an evil leprechaun theme scenario around St Patricks day.) I mean, sure, paintball can give you some situational training, but live ammo is another story. I'm not sure where these guys are located, but they do some interesting stuff: https://www.instagram.com/realworld_tactical/

• Like 2
12 hours ago, RedStone said:

There are seasonal armed OCRs (I know of a few in the DC area that are very much like zombie runs on Halloween and I think there's an evil leprechaun theme scenario around St Patricks day.) I mean, sure, paintball can give you some situational training, but live ammo is another story. I'm not sure where these guys are located, but they do some interesting stuff: https://www.instagram.com/realworld_tactical/

I did a GORUCK Firearms Day q few months ago, which I probably was not ready for, but I did have a lot of fun. Might get into another one of those once I have my fundamentals down. 

Ah, that guy. I see him all the time on my feed, he's a 1stPhorm athlete I believe. 

• Like 1

this is more reasonable goal than mine (becoming a god), and well reachable. but if you have a real life too, i'd suggest tuning some parts of that spreadsheet down, and some upwards, just to conserve energy for right things. other than that, welcome to rebellion! I think i've seen the jason bourne goal here a several times for obvious reasons. who wouldn't want to be that cool?

• Like 1
On 12/11/2016 at 6:18 PM, Machete said:

One way to develop situational awareness is by upping your visual memory. 

1. Grab a piece of paper & a pencil. Look at a page in a magazine for one minute (make it a simple magazine to start so there's not a lot of detail). Shut the magazine. List everything you remember. If that's too easy...list everything you remember including it's  location on the page (Ex. Upper right corner). Move to a more detailed magazine once you feel ready.

2. Do this in a real life situation. Once your minute of observation is up...look down at your paper & make your list. Start with stationary objects first. Once that's too easy; then move on to people. (I recommend doing this in a food court in a mall). Naturally people will move about & there are more distractions so it's a bit more challenging.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria