Cheetah makes no promises

I'm going to try a new thing.  I'm going to journal my food intake.  Not counting calories, just writing down a short list of what I eat through the day.  I'm hoping this will give me a little bit of accountability without being too burdensome.  I'm also going to write down if I manage to get any exercise, and I'll try to include a gratitude item.  I'll try to type the lists up here as well.

That's it.

• Like 8

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Simple!  I love it. Here to follow and cheer you on. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

I support this plan. Will be interested to see what you learn from the food journal.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Simple!  Following

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

3/25  I ate

Instant Oatmeal

Pulled Pork Sammich

Cole Slaw

Potato Salad

2 hard-boiled eggs

an Apple

2 pancakes (no syrup)

scrambled eggs

I also took a walk around the neighborhood, about 30 min.

This was kind of the last hurrah before buckling down.  There is no more potato salad or cole slaw in my future, I think.

I have a new goal.  I have to get under 220 by June 12.  There's a weight limit on a kayak tour my family wants to take.  I think I'm at 240 right now.  that's something like 2 lbs / week.  It can be done.

• Like 4

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

That is a lot of breakfast-y foods in one day. Which is not meant as a criticism, just an observation. I am not quite that enamored with breakfast, am far more likely to eat lunch-type foods for breakfast than vice versa.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

13 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

That is a lot of breakfast-y foods in one day. Which is not meant as a criticism, just an observation. I am not quite that enamored with breakfast, am far more likely to eat lunch-type foods for breakfast than vice versa.

I am the opposite. I would happily eat eggs, bacon, and various breakfast carbs for all three meals.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was breakfast for dinner, which we often do on Mondays, because it's the day my wife goes grocery shopping.

3/26 I ate

Cinnamon Roll (no icing)

2 hard-boiled eggs

pulled pork

2 jiffy cornbread muffins

carrots

an apple

shrimp and rice

brussel sprouts

strawberries

In the morning I did some light deadlifts and bench presses

In the evening I walked around the neighborhood, about 20 min.

I weighed in today.  239 lb.

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

I want to come eat at your house.  

All this breakfast-y talk reminds me of a breakfast chili recipe I found.  I think that might need to happen this weekend.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

3/27 I ate

A Monster - I accidentally bought one that was not 0 sugar, so I got wacked for 230 cals.

Instant Oatmeal

Ham sammich (just ham mustard and bread)

2 HB eggs

Curried Eggs (scrambled eggs with onion and lots of spices)

Sourdough bread heel

grapes

I also walked around the neighborhood for about 30 min.

I forgot to weigh in this morning, so I'll try to remember it tomorrow.  I'm a big fan of weighing daily and using an app to get the running average.  The app I use is called Libra, and it's free.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

3/28 I ate

Instant Oatmeal

2 hb eggs

instant ramen

veggies

2 pulled pork tacos - no dairy

1 small cookie that my son made

green beans

an apple

In the morning I did some light bench presses

In the evening I walked for about 30 min.

So far things are going well I think.  I forgot to weigh in again, but I had a lot on my mind this morning, and I'm out of the habit of doing it.  I'll try again tomorrow.

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

3/29

A jerky stick

pulled pork taco salad - no dairy, mostly veg

banana

4 eggs

strawberries with a little chocolate

I think I took a walk?  But it's not in the log so I'm not sure

3/30

cinnamon bun, no icing

pulled pork taco salad - no dairy, mostly veg

veggies

grilled chicken

broccoli

mashed potato

grapes

cashews

prunes

walk for 30 min

weights - bench press, dead lift, dumbbell row

3/31

4 eggs w/salsa

oatmeal

sausage lasagana

sallad w/veg, no dressing

2 large beef hot dogs

that's it.  everything I had was in a reasonable portion, which is an achievement by itself.

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

4/1/24

Oatmeal

2 eggs

mashed potato

pulled pork w/salsa

mango

apple

green beans

I also lifted weights

I also walked 30 min

This morning I weighed in at 236.3

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Great job!  235 better watch out. You are coming for it!

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

4/2

instant oatmeal

2 hb eggs

apple

spinach & veg salad

olive oil dressing

strawberries

grilled chicken

1/2 pita

broccoli

chicken shawarma with hummus

prunes

I didn't get any exercise in at all.  But the rest of my week will be good, so that's alright.

Weighed in at 235.4.  I still don't have enough data points to make a meaningful trend line, but I'm pretty confident things are moving the right direction.

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

4/3

I've started tracking calories again.

Yesterday I made my target, and my macros were off but not too bad.

I also squeezed in a walk around the neighborhood.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Pretty good.  I'm meeting goals every day.  I'm down 5 lbs.  Going well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KBO. - Churchill

I'm working on paper journaling more, and entering food in the MacroFactor app,  which is making it harder to remember to check in here.

So far things are going well.  I'm getting some exercise in a few days per week, eating has been on target, and I'm down to 234

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill