Forums are back in action! ×

What's everyone reading?

Chuck Norris knows who John Gault is.

Sent using smoke signals from my Fire

• Like 2

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Haha. My elective in my last year of double-majoring in Philosophy and English Lit was to study Atlas Shrugged. The only thing that stopped me from throwing it into a roaring fire was the fact that I was reading it on a kindle. I also had to read all of her #^%#&^ theoretical (non-literary) crap, like her mis-named "Romanticism" book and so on, as research on my paper. I chose the elective because I knew it was easier to write an argument against her, but I didn't know it would be that painful. 

NEVER. AGAIN. 

I guess it could be worse, though. 

3qb8m2.jpg

I took a very similar course. The only positive part of the experience was discussing the lunacy of it all with my classmates and professor. 

• Like 1

Spockgrrl

Level 2 - Amazon - Aspiring Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 4

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | MyFitnessPal

Currently I'm reading a book written by a friend it's called Devil's Halo. It's about fighting demons, it reminds me of Supernatural. I'm also reading The Expectant Father, my wife is 12 weeks pregnant with our first child!

Wake up, lift, eat, sleep and repeat                                                                                             

STR 9 | DEX 3| STA 5.5 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 1.5

http://www.fitnessjourneywithwill.com

I started LOTR again last night, for when I need something a little faster paced than re-reading Cache Lake Country. I really need to make a trip to the library to pick up some new reading material!

Wood Elf Waywatcher | Level 0
Strength: 0 | Dexterity: 0 | Stamina: 0 | Constitution: 0 | Wisdom: 0 | Charisma: 0

Intro | Lv1 Challenge | My walk to Mordor... And back again tracker | The road to Rivendell began 01/01/15. 32km completed, 701km to go!

I took a very similar course. The only positive part of the experience was discussing the lunacy of it all with my classmates and professor. 

My professor thought she was the bees knees and he agreed with everything she said.

oh_hell_no.gif

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

In the last few days I've read three more Laura Anne Gilman books (finishing out a series), The Coffee Trader by David Liss, The Bard of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip and The Importance of Being Seven by Alexander McCall Smith. Of these, The Coffee Trader was probably my favorite, and the most interesting. The Importance of Being Seven was entertaining in small doses because the writer would write in odd tangents, much like my thought process often seems, but it was a little dizzying to read through a full book of it. (Remind me to never write down my thoughts "verbatim")

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

Started reading the 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss. Has some interesting ideas.

I have seen that a few times but figured its unrealistic if you have a day job in an office with particular demands... 

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Reading atlas shrugged at the moment (damn kindle, didn't realise how long it was), and Gallipoli (by the tall fellow, played rugby for Australia), peter fitzimmons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me

Race Orc (if I am to be honest, that or giant blob), Level 2, Attributes str 5, dex 1, stam 1, con 2, wis 3, cha 3

As previously mentioned for my first book of the year I have chosen Spartan Up! started this morning on the bus on the way into work. Thought I would start the year with kick in the head inspiration :witless:

• Like 1

This challenge is helping me consolidate my to-read list for the recent future, which is a help:

http://bookriot.com/2014/12/15/book-riot-2015-read-harder-challenge/

Can you tell I enjoy Book Riot? Anyway, I'm working on A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin and listening to The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling. I like them both pretty well.

Spockgrrl

Level 2 - Amazon - Aspiring Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 4

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | MyFitnessPal

I finally finished Maya Angelou's "the Heart of a Woman" (almost done with her autobiography), and have started Unbroken. A book of folklore by Zora Neal Hurston is in the queue.

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Finished Eon, not on to The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I have seen that a few times but figured its unrealistic if you have a day job in an office with particular demands... 

More focus on running own small business (or big if it gets that way), but does give advice for people, who work in an office.

I really like some of the activities the book advices you to do. I definably doing few of those for next challenge

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Well been busy but finished Spartan Up! on the way into work this morning on the bus. I really do think this will be the start of a ritual!