Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, 

My name is Pandora, I am a college freshman just starting to figure my life out. I discovered Nerd Fitness back in January, as I am sure most people do. I was hesitant at first, I have always been overweight, but more recently it has affected my health. So I joined the academy in late January as a birthday gift to myself. I did really well and got a solid start before my spring courses started. Then Mid Terms came, I was stressing out and fell backwards almost to the beginning. My "Accountabilibuddy" pointed it out to me, so here I am ready to respawn and take another crack at this. 

My current goals:

• I am a person that doesn't drink soda
  • I am a person that walks 20 minutes everyday
  • I am a person that doesn't eat chips, ice cream, or canned sauces. (Did you know that in "A mere half-cup of Prego Traditional, for instance, has the equivalent of more than two teaspoons of sugar, as much as two plus Oreo cookies" (Moss).)

In case you want to check my little fact, here is the citation:

Moss, Michael. "The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food." Nytimes.com. New York Times, 20 Feb. 2013. Web. 24 Feb. 2013.

• Like 2

~Pandora~

Hello, 

My name is Pandora, I am a college freshman just starting to figure my life out. I discovered Nerd Fitness back in January, as I am sure most people do. I was hesitant at first, I have always been overweight, but more recently it has affected my health. So I joined the academy in late January as a birthday gift to myself. I did really well and got a solid start before my spring courses started. Then Mid Terms came, I was stressing out and fell backwards almost to the beginning. My "Accountabilibuddy" pointed it out to me, so here I am ready to respawn and take another crack at this. 

My current goals:

• I am a person that doesn't drink soda
  • I am a person that walks 20 minutes everyday
  • I am a person that doesn't eat chips, ice cream, or canned sauces. (Did you know that in "A mere half-cup of Prego Traditional, for instance, has the equivalent of more than two teaspoons of sugar, as much as two plus Oreo cookies" (Moss).)

In case you want to check my little fact, here is the citation:

Moss, Michael. "The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food." Nytimes.com. New York Times, 20 Feb. 2013. Web. 24 Feb. 2013.

College is, and always will be, a hard time. Mid terms are murder, and it sometimes and can derail a lot of things. 

I love the way that you stated your goals too! I believe that you can do it! If you need anything, let me know, I'll be glad to help

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I like that they are "easily" achievable goals

and "actions", not stuff like "I'm going to lose 20 lbs" but "I'm not drinking soda" 

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

School is always hard, and it doesnt get easier. The best thing to do is plan for key times in the semester, make healthy snacks so you can't be tempted, create a study group, ensure your in bed early. 

I started walking with my husband and talking to him about my courses, it helped me study and get my walking in at the same time. I did have to give him question cards for some course - this also helped me as I had to make them and write the answers!

• Like 1

Skye Rose - Seeking Balance 
Current Challenge

Inspiration and genius--one and the same. - Victor Hugo

Fall seven times and stand up eight - Japanese proverb

On 5/7/2016 at 4:27 AM, SkyeRose said:

School is always hard, and it doesnt get easier. The best thing to do is plan for key times in the semester, make healthy snacks so you can't be tempted, create a study group, ensure your in bed early. 

I started walking with my husband and talking to him about my courses, it helped me study and get my walking in at the same time. I did have to give him question cards for some course - this also helped me as I had to make them and write the answers!

I should have totally done this when I was in school!

Adventurer "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R. R. Tolkien 

Challenge 5/8-6/46/12-7/7

False log start