Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

19 minutes ago, fleaball said:

So yeah. Idk. I'd def take the job if I get an offer. 

Sounds a lot like the interview for my current position...not a whole lotta detail about it up front, craziness abounded when I started, but I wouldn't leave it for anything :D I love what I do :) 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

PS the salad was delicious. And dairy free! I realized I kinda wanted goat cheese on it because I wanted a creamy thing, but it didn't come with it and by the time I realized it the guy had already passed the cheese part of the line so I let it go. Still tasty.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Good job on the interview.

My guess is that the third lady was only there because HR has some requirement that candidates do 3 interviews or something and she was like "This has nothing to do with me so idec" but on the plus side it doesn't sound like she was hostile about it.  

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Good job on the interview.

My guess is that the third lady was only there because HR has some requirement that candidates do 3 interviews or something and she was like "This has nothing to do with me so idec" but on the plus side it doesn't sound like she was hostile about it.  

Yeah that's pretty much what it felt like, she was just there to check a box. The good thing was that she was scheduled to be my second person and the guy was third, but when supervisor lady went to fetch her she was busy or something idk, so dude came in instead. If I'd had the bored lady in the middle I might have been a lot more worried about how it was going and approached the part with the dude a lot differently.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Lawl. I'm looking at the business cards I was given at the end of each interview and the two not-supervisor people? Not just Team Leads, SVPs. I guess that maybe explains why I had to meet with them?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So all of that sounds pretty damn fantastic. I think you should feel really good about how that went. Fingers crossed an offer will be on its way soon but no matter what happens you've got to feel good about how you handled yourself and how you came across. 

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

I have to go back for another interview next week. -__-

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

I have to go back for another interview next week. -__-

Whoa, holy crap these people are thorough. Who is this one with?

But hey, it's a good sign they want to see you again!

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

I sure hope that means you're on for the higher up position. Brace yourself, you're going through that storm (and may even end up enjoying it). :-)

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

I have no idea who it’s with yet. Recruiter’s email was just “the team felt things went well yesterday. Are you available to come in for one more interview next Tuesday or Wednesday?” She’ll probably tell me after it’s scheduled I guess? It seems like a lot for what’s basically an entry-level position. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

NOOOOOOPE. Just checked my email and it’s THREE MORE PEOPLE. One is the girl

whos currently leaving the higher of the two positions for elsewhere in the bank. I didn’t get titles for the other two. Kill me. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

That's good news. They couldn't hire you before having discussed the specifics (like salary, off-days, what position you're actually interviewing for... xD), if one of them is the HR manager, then they're the one with whom you'll be able to discuss this further. Don't sell yourself short, bargaining skills are thought after skills in many industries. That you get to spend some time with the woman leaving the higher up position may mean that you'd get to get a better view of what the job actually consists of. I'd not raise my hopes too much yet (because it's always hard to fall when we do) but definitely a good sign if you ask me.

• Like 4

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Agreed this is good news. The only downside is you need to change at least one thing about your outfit - new shirt, or new blazer, or whatever.

But there's time to shop!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Severine said:

Agreed this is good news. The only downside is you need to change at least one thing about your outfit - new shirt, or new blazer, or whatever.

But there's time to shop!

Agreed. Go shopping tomorrow, ok?

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

39 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Echoing this...also, I would bring any information needed (SS card and drivers license, ect...) to this next interview, in case they want you to go ahead and get the paperwork done. :D 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

You know what I just realized? All three people yesterday commented on the fact that I was taking notes while they talked. Like they didn’t expect it. But to me it’s like “duh of course you takes notes in an interview (even if it’s bullshit to look like you’re taking notes.)” 

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not gonna lie, my first reaction was “fuck, I have to buy another shirt.” This time will be easier though, because I tried on another one at Kohl’s that @NeverThatBored told me to get and I didn’t. >_> So all I have to do is go back and grab it, and they had plenty of them. 

2 hours ago, Jean said:

That's good news. They couldn't hire you before having discussed the specifics (like salary, off-days, what position you're actually interviewing for... xD), if one of them is the HR manager, then they're the one with whom you'll be able to discuss this further. Don't sell yourself short, bargaining skills are thought after skills in many industries. That you get to spend some time with the woman leaving the higher up position may mean that you'd get to get a better view of what the job actually consists of. I'd not raise my hopes too much yet (because it's always hard to fall when we do) but definitely a good sign if you ask me.

It would be awesome if the last one were an HR person who said “surprise! Here’s your offer!” lol. And yeah, when I was leaving yesterday I almost asked to talk to the girl who’s leaving but they made it sound like she wasn’t there. (Also I was nearly falling asleep with the last person and desperately needed coffee.)

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

16 minutes ago, RES said:

Echoing this...also, I would bring any information needed (SS card and drivers license, ect...) to this next interview, in case they want you to go ahead and get the paperwork done. :D 

Didn’t see this before but yeah, SS card was already in my wallet yesterday because I was trying to be optimistic lol. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Didn’t see this before but yeah, SS card was already in my wallet yesterday because I was trying to be optimistic lol. 

Proud of you!!!

• Like 2

Spoiler

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Sounds like you succeeded in being optimistic. Go Flea.

And because you need to hear it...

Flea is awesome!

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

It seems like a lot for what’s basically an entry-level position. 

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

Lawl. I'm looking at the business cards I was given at the end of each interview and the two not-supervisor people? Not just Team Leads, SVPs. 

No organization in the world has you interview with 2 SVPs for an entry level position

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Iiiiii quiiiiiit liiiiiife. 

My brother just woke up and told me a chunk of a tooth broke off this morning. It was 5:10pm and I was like “uhhhhh the dentist is closed tomorrow so maybe you should call now in case they’re still open???” And he asks if I can call for him because “I never know what to say when I call people. I don’t know how to start the conversation.” Dude. Fucking really?

So I call while he’s sitting two feet away from me. “Hi receptionist lady, my brother just told me a chunk of his tooth fell off. What do?” Eventually I just put the phone on speaker because I was tired of relaying questions and answers back and forth. 

I get that people don’t like making phone calls. I don’t like making phone calls. But “my tooth just fell apart and I don’t want to do anything about it because I don’t want to talk on the phone” is a new level of bullshit ugh. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

32 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Iiiiii quiiiiiit liiiiiife. 

My brother just woke up and told me a chunk of a tooth broke off this morning. It was 5:10pm and I was like “uhhhhh the dentist is closed tomorrow so maybe you should call now in case they’re still open???” And he asks if I can call for him because “I never know what to say when I call people. I don’t know how to start the conversation.” Dude. Fucking really?

So I call while he’s sitting two feet away from me. “Hi receptionist lady, my brother just told me a chunk of his tooth fell off. What do?” Eventually I just put the phone on speaker because I was tired of relaying questions and answers back and forth. 

I get that people don’t like making phone calls. I don’t like making phone calls. But “my tooth just fell apart and I don’t want to do anything about it because I don’t want to talk on the phone” is a new level of bullshit ugh. 

Too bad you aren't getting second interviews with SVPs that could lead to a job that will let you move out...

Wait.

• Like 5

Current Challenge