Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

She lives! I'm sorry you're sick. :/ 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Got up late. Showered late. Roommate came home right as I was getting in the shower so I've spent the morning thinking I held her up somehow. Basically over it now because I'm too busy being miserable. Can't tell if I have a fever or if I'm just hot because it's hot out. There's an inhaler and a cough suppressant at the pharmacy but I can't get them til after work. :( It's gonna be a great day. 

Countess I hope you're right. Personally I'm afraid of 2017 trying to one-up last year and this year. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I basically got kicked out of work. Asked if I could leave early and was met with hesitation but when I said "possible bronchitis" it immediately became "no. Please leave. Right now. Just go." Which, rude?? I understand no one wants germs but I've had this cough for weeks and literally been standing in your cubicle hacking up a lung and you haven't cared at all? 

Meh. At least I got to leave and pick up my medication. And then discover that I fail at inhalers. And the cough suppressant is going to make me drowsy.  So much for using my extra time to do homework. 

Brb nap tiem

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

20 minutes ago, Owlet said:

1821-55a7c958a1036.jpg

The cuteness factor of this picture is through the roof. I think it might be so high it is illegal in most countries on earth. Yes, dangerously cute. I just want to stare at it... and stare... and stare...

• Like 5

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Ugh so that cough suppressant defintely makes me drowsy. It's been 7 hours or so since I took it, so of course now I'm wide awake. As opposed to being near comatose earlier. I'm going back to work tomorrow. I would love to take the day off but a - money and b - there is a shit ton of stuff happening. If my supervisor wants to flip her shit and tell me to go home I won't argue but meh. I'm still frowny-faced about the reaction I got earlier. I honestly thought she was kidding because she shoved her chair away from me into the far corner of her cubicle and held her scarf over her face and it was all so over the top. Whatever. I feel better with the medication I've got and I have another appointment at student health on Thursday just to be sure I'm good. I'll just be sure to chug orange juice and tea. 

I'm literally just babbling here while I wait for my phone to finish charging so I can go to bed. Don't mind me. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, Owlet said:

Ugh, I hate when people over act like that! As if you aren't already feel shit enough. Hope you feel better soon!

It makes me laugh. Like seriously man? I've been coughing up a lung for two days and now that you know I've seen the doctor, you are all worried I might infect you? That's not how this works. Just cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands. It'll be fine. 

BTW, about the 5K? How about you set the pace? If you feel like running, run - if not, walk. Or we could have my husband set the pace, he's a nice pace jogger. But no matter what, get better before then!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

It makes me laugh. Like seriously man? I've been coughing up a lung for two days and now that you know I've seen the doctor, you are all worried I might infect you? That's not how this works. Just cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands. It'll be fine. 

BTW, about the 5K? How about you set the pace? If you feel like running, run - if not, walk. Or we could have my husband set the pace, he's a nice pace jogger. But no matter what, get better before then!

Yeah I've been very careful to cough into my shoulder or whatever and also bathe in Purell since they have it here. If I haven't gotten anyone sick yet I think they'll live. 

I thought you were just gonna wait for us at the finish line? lol bleh. It's gonna be a LOT of walking on my part, interspersed with shuffling like an old lady and calling it jogging. Y'all are free to run without me. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Yeah I've been very careful to cough into my shoulder or whatever and also bathe in Purell since they have it here. If I haven't gotten anyone sick yet I think they'll live. 

I thought you were just gonna wait for us at the finish line? lol bleh. It's gonna be a LOT of walking on my part, interspersed with shuffling like an old lady and calling it jogging. Y'all are free to run without me. 

Just be careful with the Purell (FWIW, I hate hand sanitizers though). 

I had planned on sticking with you guys - we will see how the time goes. My husband has a hockey game that afternoon, so we can't make a day of it. :panda: I just feel kind of bad being like, okay, catch you all on the flip side! I have no problem walking either! I bet that you'll be able to jog more than you think though!

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Just be careful with the Purell (FWIW, I hate hand sanitizers though). 

I had planned on sticking with you guys - we will see how the time goes. My husband has a hockey game that afternoon, so we can't make a day of it. :panda: I just feel kind of bad being like, okay, catch you all on the flip side! I have no problem walking either! I bet that you'll be able to jog more than you think though!

Yeah I don't generally use it too often. But here at least I feel like I'm not infecting people. 

Lame sauce! lol you're probably right but I'm sort of telling myself I'll just walk it so I can be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

* double post dance *

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I just got an email invite to run on a charity team in the Boston Marathon next year. Clearly the universe is trying to tell me something. 

...when only a few hours ago I said I couldn't even run a 5k. Okay, sure. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

31 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I just got an email invite to run on a charity team in the Boston Marathon next year. Clearly the universe is trying to tell me something. 

...when only a few hours ago I said I couldn't even run a 5k. Okay, sure. 

Well, the half is in April? So there is that..  plenty of time to be ready!

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Well, the half is in April? So there is that..  plenty of time to be ready!

The half is in March. Boston is in April. I don't think I'm doing the half either though. Maybe the 5k they do with it. If I sign up for the half I'll be leaving myself the bare minimum training time (every plan I've googled is at least 20 weeks) and while I know I don't have to run the whole thing, that's still a recipe for failure. I'll do one eventually. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hahaha fml. I've barely done anything all semester on my research assistantship because this professor just won't answer my emails NOR has she asked me for any of this stuff either. I've been getting paid every week regardless. But now I just got an email from the office in charge of paying us and apparently they're looking for time sheets now? Which is not a thing that happened last year and we were never told about. Whaaaat the fuck. Time to go hard at this. And hope that she actually responds to the email when I send her my timesheets, I guess?

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hand sanitizers do way more harm than good IMHO

Send them to both, them and her...shows them you're sending them and puts it on her to do her job and respond to them

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Blarrrrrrrgh this week's topic in class is mental health and most of the time when people are talking I just want to yell NO YOU'RE WRONG STFU. Relatedly, my therapist said we can talk about whether I want to drop back to just seeing her every other week since I'm not a total disaster anymore. Whaaaaat.

3 hours ago, RES said:

Hand sanitizers do way more harm than good IMHO

Send them to both, them and her...shows them you're sending them and puts it on her to do her job and respond to them

Yeah I don't usually use it. But also taking public transportation requires it sometimes. 

I emailed her first because I don't want other people seeing that I haven't done all the work I'm supposed to be doing. (She did say at the beginning that she doesn't care whether I do 10 hours every week like we're supposed to so long as the work gets done. The problem is that it's been 8 weeks so far and I haven't turned anything in yet.) If I don't get a response by the weekend I'll send a different email with the office copied on it and see what happens.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Went to student health after class. Good news: not bronchitis. 

Bad news: strep. 

So I get another day off from work. Whee. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

27 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Booooooooo. Although good that it's not bronchitis. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks! Looking on the bright side: I get a day off to recover physically and mentally. Catch up on sleep, catch up on homework, possibly catch up on TV shows. And just not deal with the general bullshit of my internship.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Research prof actually got back to me. And says she was "coincidentally" going to email me soon. Didn't have anything to say about being super late otherwise, so I guess I'm okay? One less thing to worry about.

So my antibiotic says to take on an empty stomach, an hour before eating or 2-3 after. Don't they know I'm ALWAYS eating? 

Also super fun: the epic plague of 2015 started with being treated for strep. (Which I didn't have.) I might possibly be worried about a reaction to this medication now, or that it will interact with what I'm already taking for the cough. Which is largely unfounded but I guess I'm not as over it as I thought. Yay. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi