Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Oh, so sorry to hear she's in the hospital. I have no idea what you should do. All I can do is: *hugs*

and

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Damn, sorry to hear that! At least she sounds quite calm, that's reassuring. I dunno, you know your Mum better than any of us (of course lol) so you'll just have to trust your intuition. Even if you don't go, you'll be there pretty soon for Christmas, right? 

As for that girl outing you, wow. Some people have no idea huh. As you said, good thing you're open about it! Hope you've caught up on sleep and papers, sending hugs your way.

• Like 1

Hugs to both of you. I asked if I should come home and she said absolutely not and it's enough that I'll be home in two weeks. I'm probably just paranoid because the only time relatives have been hospitalized in the past was my grandparents after being diagnosed with cancer, and they didn't come home. But blood clots are manageable and if something were to happen my father would probably call me. Im trying not to let my anxiety run away with this. 

26 minutes ago, Owlet said:

As for that girl outing you, wow. Some people have no idea huh. As you said, good thing you're open about it! Hope you've caught up on sleep and papers, sending hugs your way.

I was telling another queer friend about it and she was like "when did out become an assumption? I assume my friends are so far in they visit Narnia unless told otherwise." I understand that if you're straight you don't really get the gravity of it but this girl was just so casual ugh. Before I moved down here roommate told me that the landlord of that house was gay and didn't understand why I bristled at that. Because he is in fact hella gay and not shy about it. But as much as I would love to live in a world where sexual orientation is just a fact as much as your height or eye color, we're not there yet and no matter how comfortable you are with it it's still fucking dangerous to be queer. 

That wasn't supposed to be a rant, sorry. Blame lack of sleep + worried about my mother. 

One more paper due Monday at 8pm. It's worth 20% of my grade but I'm pretty sure I could fail it and get a B in the class so it's not a huge issue. Hooray. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My roommate was mugged at gunpoint four houses down from her boyfriend's. (She's fine and they gave her phone back bc it's a shitty android.)

Downstairs guy apparently had a package delivered today that was opened, everything taken out of it, and the box left on the porch?

And a great day was had by all. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh wow, you're neighbourhood is kinda rough... using guns just to get someone's phone? Yikes. 

Glad your Mum told you to stay put. You're right, if anything happened your Dad would call you. But I really doubt anything will happen, she's safe in the hospital and they will give her any meds/advice she needs to lower the chances of it happening again I'm sure. 

Have a cute :) 

28.+Hot+Water.gif

• Like 1

What a shit storm. I have nothing productive to add beside that.

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

7 hours ago, Owlet said:

Oh wow, you're neighbourhood is kinda rough... using guns just to get someone's phone? Yikes. 

#murica. What's funny (not really) is that we do actually live in a rougher area but where she was mugged is a hell of a lot nicer than our place. And the package thing happens all over the city, especially around the holidays. There are guns everywhere though because people are fucking stupid. 

7 hours ago, Owlet said:

Glad your Mum told you to stay put. You're right, if anything happened your Dad would call you. But I really doubt anything will happen, she's safe in the hospital and they will give her any meds/advice she needs to lower the chances of it happening again I'm sure. 

Yeah. It's mostly just anxiety. I know if I were there there's nothing I could do anyway, but it's just that fact that I'm so far away. I got burned a few years ago: my first grandparent that died, I was in my last semester of undergrad a little farther away from home than I am now. She'd just started chemo and apparently had a small stroke one night and an infection set in (unrelated) and no one told me she was getting worse. Until one afternoon when my father called me as I was going into work and said "you might want to think about coming home." Apparently they'd been debating about telling me and by the time they did she was in terrible condition. I got on a flight home a few hours later and when I got in they were like "oh we didn't expect you until tomorrow." Went to see her, she was unconscious and had been for a while, and she died early the next morning. So it's possible that I don't trust my family on these things because I narrowly avoided not getting a chance to say goodbye to my grandmother because they all suck. There's a lot of baggage attached to this experience that I need to revisit with my therapist anyway. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

37 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

That makes a lot of sense. Well, I mean it makes no sense and that story just made me understand your MH A LOT more than I did before I read it. Your fam is a bit bass awards, my love. 

Just a bit. A teeny bit. I'm glad my crazy makes more sense now. =P

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Paper due in 20 hours. Haven't done anything for it since the half-assed presentation on the same topic last week. 

Instead I spent my day rereading fanfic, journaling about how much my family sucks, and starting yet another rant about dating that I got tired of halfway through. Then I realized that a good potion of my worries about dating stem from trust issues, which comes from my attachment style, which I still get to blame my parents for. So basically I spent the day making myself miserable. Whee. That rant will probably be posted in the morning as I continue to procrastinate.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Wow, that all sucks. I'm sorry you've been having such a terrible time. :(

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

It's 1pm. I have to leave at 5. I haven't started my paper. This is fun. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

GET OFF THE INTERNET AND DO YOUR SHIT! BITCH I WILL CUT YOU!

Love,

~Lorin

I think it worked....

let me know, I'll help you if it didn't... ;) 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

14 minutes ago, RES said:

I think it worked....

let me know, I'll help you if it didn't... ;) 

It didn't. Well. Mostly. I have 3 pages written with 4.5 hours to go. On my way to campus now to finish up. (We don't even have a page minimum. I'm aiming for six.)

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

You may return when you are finished. In the mean time, I have a closed-book, thee-hour Constitutional Law Exam. See you on the other side!!!

Good luck!!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

31 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

Well. I screwed that pooch. On one section. Hopefully the rest will carry me.

How'd you do?

Done with 20 minutes to spare. Content-wise, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   But I have something to turn in. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yeah. There was no point in putting half as much effort into that paper as I did. She went through the syllabus and was like "you all got As on this presentation, and you all did fine on this one, you're all in great shape." Bleh. Whatever. I'm done for the semester with everything. 

Now I just need to read a shit ton of books about research methods for my damn thesis. And schedule various doctors appointments. And make an appointment for my car to figure out why it smells like gas. Fucking whee. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Now I just need to read a shit ton of books about research methods for my damn thesis. And schedule various doctors appointments. And make an appointment for my car to figure out why it smells like gas. Fucking whee. 

Umm, hold up. You just WON this semester's PAPER WARS. Sure you still have to do all of these things too, but take a moment to celebrate! 

• Like 7

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Recognized. Class went over time last night so I was grumpy and tired. I am def taking today and possibly tomorrow to catch my breath and enjoy being freeeeeee.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi