Forums are back in action! ×

7 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Then why go?

if I cant get mauled by a tiger, did I even travel? ?

7 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

My mom does this kind of stuff. I could be flying to Las Vegas like thousands of people do per day and I've done a bunch of times in my life and she'd give me a big "I love you so much and want you to be safe" kind of spiel. If I take it on as serious then it's like "oh wow, what have your heard recently?" and if I don't then it's just a cartoonish attempt at, I don't even know, love bombing maybe, showing her concern. For me, I've had to learn to just totally disregard it.

Interestingly, she was on a trip and in Israel when they had the recent attack, She was totally fine and had to be told later why she wasn't allowed to do her shore excursion and had to go back on the cruise ship, so it's not like she had a near death experience or anything. Regardless, I have been getting arbitrary texts lately of "I just don't tell you enough that I love you" and when I've talked to her (over text) she's clearly a little shaken. I realized it's because, in the same way that she is imagining some extreme scenario for me, she's now making up things that didn't happen but "could have" and reacting to those things. 

It's a long winded way to say, these people are mentally scaring themselves on your behalf and you can't let it into your brain or it'll ruin your fun. Go have a great trip. Enjoy being in a different place. As you said, other people live and work there so your fine and it's fun to see where they live and work. 

Thank you ?? i needed to hear that today!

• Like 2

And now it’s time for our trip. I had a good last weigh in at 224.5 and it’s funny but my goal is just to kinda break even. Eat good food but walk around a lot too. I’m not really traveling for the food, I just wanna hang out with Mom and see Mountains! Squee! I should’ve learned German but I didn’t beyond small polite talk. Eek!

• Like 4

Have a great trip!  I ALWAYS get pre-trip anxiety.   It's usually about the actual getting there, airport/customs issues, what if I miss a flight or forgot some document, or maybe I just didn't bring enough socks!   DDG always reminds me that I'm not going to the moon and anything can be fixed.  Well, don't get mauled by tigers or smuggle any drugs.  Anything else can be fixed.  Enjoy your trip!  

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Have a great time! I am so excited for you!!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 10/21/2023 at 6:51 PM, Sovalis said:

Have a great time! I am so excited for you!!

Thank you! It was a great time!

On 10/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, Shello said:

Have a great trip!  I ALWAYS get pre-trip anxiety.   It's usually about the actual getting there, airport/customs issues, what if I miss a flight or forgot some document, or maybe I just didn't bring enough socks!   DDG always reminds me that I'm not going to the moon and anything can be fixed.  Well, don't get mauled by tigers or smuggle any drugs.  Anything else can be fixed.  Enjoy your trip!  

LOL, I packed way too many socks! :D  Thank you!

We got back late Sunday night from our trip! It had so many highs and lows. We're exhausted so the lows are standing out more right now, but so many awesome moments too. Some of the people in our group were really nice, and made the trip lovely. Some people were...asshole (unfortunately, our group leader and tour guide were assholes). And the lovely people banded together and separated ourselves from the assholes, who also banded together, so everyone was happy?  LOL.  We had a great time exploring when we could and we ended the trip in Switzerland, which was my favorite place ever. There were no bad visits when we were in Switzerland, I loved everywhere there. And we got to see the mountains and go up a couple and it was awesome! I turned to Mom and I said "We're in the Swiss Alps, right now." and she said "It's SO GREAT!"

We did learn some things about ourselves on this trip:

1. We're not city people. Cities are filled with exhaust and smoke, and it's literally hard to breathe. Also, when you don't speak the language very well, it adds a layer of stress to the whole thing. 

2. We're definitely nature people. We loved staying in a small town in Switzerland and the days we hiked around. 

3. We're not long flight people.  It's physically hard on the body and it was a little too much for both of us. I don't want to do anymore 8+ hour flights. I could see breaking it up a bit more. I would travel to Ireland, stay a few days then travel somewhere else from there. 

4. We're not followers. We like to be included in decision-making, and I think we'll travel more independently in the future and if we do travel in a tour group, we'll go with a better company. I dont' recommend ACIS at all. 

I'm so happy to be home! It was an amazing adventure, but it's great to be home again.

• Like 7

I'm so happy there were plenty of high points (figurative and literal!!) in your trip.  Too bad about the assholes.  I'm sure that wasn't on the companies itinerary!  

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

On 10/31/2023 at 4:44 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm so happy to be home! It was an amazing adventure, but it's great to be home again.

YEA!!!  

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

1 hour ago, Shello said:

I'm so happy there were plenty of high points (figurative and literal!!) in your trip.  Too bad about the assholes.  I'm sure that wasn't on the companies itinerary!  

I’m sure it wasn’t! But they really did serve to bring the rest of us closer and we had fun anyway so the jerks didn’t win!

1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

YEA!!!  

Yea!! ??

• Like 1

Tonight I am breaking my all or nothing thinking and I made my bed with only the fitted sheet being flannel and the rest are my usual bedding. All flannel is too hot, and I realized that I didnt' have to use the whole set, I just needed the bottom sheet to be warmer. LOL silly but there you go. I'm excited to go to bed tonight. But that's not really new. My favorite part of the day is going to bed :D 

I have been recharging my batteries from vacation, and I almost feel human again instead of this mound of sludge that has been slowly making its way through the house. Tomorrow I'm going to get back to working out and eating vegetables.  Mmm mmm vegetables! What should I cook for dinner? 

Anyone get snow in the last 24 hours?

• Like 5

Looks amazing!  I love the pic of you and your mom ?

• Thanks 1

How beautiful!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Well, I think we've all had enough of eating junk food in this house. We're ready to go back to our healthy diets. The break was really good, and I think we really needed it. But, I weighed in at 229.5 this morning, and I just thought "Ready or not, it's time."   Just in time for the holidays. BUT This year, instead of viewing the holidays as a weight loss obstacle, I plan on enjoying them fully with a secret weapon to keep me from stress eating: Wine.  :D 

This year, I plan on really enjoying the non-food aspects of the holidays: music, decorations, spending time with people I like, buying presents and wrapping them. I just want to take my time and enjoy the whole thing this year, and not focus on what we're eating or not eating.  I also don't want holidays to take over everything, I want to be able to maintain my schedule and routines, and we had a family meeting about that today and we're all on the same page. We all want some consistency and stability, so while we're looking forward to adding holiday cheer to our lives, we're still going to maintain our routines because that keeps us feeling grounded.   

Let's try it out and see how it goes!

• Like 5

On 11/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I plan on enjoying them fully with a secret weapon to keep me from stress eating: Wine.  :D 

QFT!

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Dad is officially done with cardiac rehab! YAY! He is not allowed to do pushups until January or lift more than 30 pounds, but he's got a good workout going now, and he's done with appointments for the rest of the month. Next month, he only has one appointment with his general practitioner. 

I'm hormonal and not at my best today. I am putting all those thoughts and feelings into boxes labeled "Thoughts and Feelings" and this is the plan for the day:

Ready, Set, Get Dressed!

1. Wash towels

2. Run to the pharmacy for eye drops and vitamins

3. Thaw out chili for dinner

4. Go for a stroll for sunshine.

5. Play the ukulele for 10-30 minutes. 

6. Continue art project I was working on before trip

7. Go on another stroll before dinner. 

8.  After dinner clean up, Check on Thoughts and Feelings box and see if it's as full or not. 

• Like 7

1. Wash towels- done!

2. Run to the pharmacy for eye drops and vitamins- i found these in the closet! So i got to stay home!

3. Thaw out chili for dinner- nope, we made sandwiches and tomorrow I’ll make soup and buffalo chicken hand pies.

4. Go for a stroll for sunshine.- done! It was really nice!

5. Play the ukulele for 10-30 minutes.  Ten minutes of the uke, and then ten minutes on the piano. 

6. Continue art project I was working on before trip- i ignored this until after dinner and wrote a letter to a friend.

7. Go on another stroll before dinner. -skipped this because of cramps and skipped dinner and took a shower instead. 

8.  After dinner clean up, Check on Thoughts and Feelings box and see if it's as full or not. -the box is very tiny now. I shared some of my thoughts and feelings and saying them aloud made me realise hormones are jerks. 

tomorrow I’m making broccoli cheddar soup! Yay!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

tomorrow I’m making broccoli cheddar soup! Yay!!

Wishing you lived closer :D 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

12 hours ago, RES said:

Wishing you lived closer :D 

Me too! Then you could help me eat the soup! I never made it before. There are some really creamy fattening recipes out there that look really delicious! I am making a heart healthy one that will be a little less creamy but hopefully still have the flavor. I’ll let you know how it turned out 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Me too! Then you could help me eat the soup! I never made it before. There are some really creamy fattening recipes out there that look really delicious! I am making a heart healthy one that will be a little less creamy but hopefully still have the flavor. I’ll let you know how it turned out 

Oh yes, please do! I used to make a version that had noodles in it, was different than traditional broccoli cheese soup but really yummy. Just realized it's been over 20 years since I made it and I wonder if I still have the recipe now ?

• Like 1

Spoiler