Forums are back in action! ×

The Unbreakable Deftona Yakington - 2017 Road Map

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

You could track your food for a shorter period of time, to come to some conclusions and then just apply these conclusions without the need to keep on tracking. Tracking is so tedious, at least for me.

This is what I think. I need a break every so often because tracking every single thing I eat for a whole year seems like overkill. Also, MFP no longer works on my phone so if I can't get to my laptop it will be much much harder. I think making "5 a day" my goal for the year is a much better idea. I can do that anywhere and it means that at least my nutrients will be on point. 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I love tracking.  It's so satisfying to have reliable data when trying to figure out what my ridiculous body is doing with what I put in to it.

But MFP is becoming increasingly cluttered with bad data as more and more brain-hampered users make terrible entries.  The tedium for me is sorting through to find analogs for my foods that aren't insane.

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I love tracking.  It's so satisfying to have reliable data when trying to figure out what my ridiculous body is doing with what I put in to it.

But MFP is becoming increasingly cluttered with bad data as more and more brain-hampered users make terrible entries.  The tedium for me is sorting through to find analogs for my foods that aren't insane.

I have a love-hate relationship with it. I really love having the data to look back on but once I get past a certain point with it I think it brings me down so much I rebel against it. Because I am a ridiculous human being, mostly. Maybe I just need to suck it up. I'm jelly you can still MFP on your Windows Phone though, I should never have deleted it  to try and  reinstall it so it worked better because now it has totally gone. Like Tapatalk. Maybe I just need a new phone...

Five-a-day every day sounds a good shout. You could consider something along the lines of mindfulness/agreeing with your future self when deciding what to eat every day. Then again that's a bit less easy to track than the 5-a-day thing.

Edit: Windows Phone users unite!

JqYTmjn.gif

• Like 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Edit: Windows Phone users unite!

Yay! We might miss out on excellent apps and have terrible compatibility issues with the ones we do have, but we'll always have each other! 

• Like 2

I plan to spend the rest of this year prepping for next year. I have made all the new tracking pages in my BuJo, sorted out my finances for the first part of the year and bought a new Android phone so I can use all the apps that I used to use but slowly disappeared/had compatibility issues on Windows Phone including my freggies tracker, MyFitnessPal, Spotfy, Tapatalk, Instagram and Fitbit. Which looking at that list are the apps I used most. Bleurgh Microsoft, get it the fudge together. 

I am going shopping today to buy clothes to try and get enough to see me through for most of next year since I am not allowed to buy anything from new without giving a month's notice so I will try to get some jeans and some dresses. Basically, I plan to buy everything I see and like. Which normally means I am going to come home empty handed... 

The Christmas food I still have left over is dwindling but it's still here so the food aspect of the first challenge of 2017 will be about moderation rather than clean eating and I am reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Lose Weight since it occurred to me in discussions on @Jarric's thread that this guy actually cured me of smoking with his weird but awesome suggestion methods, why not let him loose on my waistline. it's certainly worth a try.

I am apprehensive about weighing in on New Year's Day but I am also really craving Chinese food. I AM SO CONFLICTED. Looking forward to a fresh start for next year though, I really have a good feeling about 2017. 

• Like 5

Does this mean you can Bitmoji now?

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

6 hours ago, deftona said:

bought a new Android phone

YES! 

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I am apprehensive about weighing in on New Year's Day but I am also really craving Chinese food. I AM SO CONFLICTED. Looking forward to a fresh start for next year though, I really have a good feeling about 2017. 

Why don't you do you weigh in on January 2nd? Than you can have both :D 

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

4 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Does this mean you can Bitmoji now?

OMG DOES IT?! I forgot about that! I will try and get it when my new phone comes. 

3 hours ago, Terah said:

Why don't you do you weigh in on January 2nd? Than you can have both :D 

I might actually, since I plan to weigh in on a Monday for the rest of the year. That makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

I'm shooting for a 12-month high by Sunday so that my ensuing weight loss will appear more impressive. ;)

I like the way you think...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I'm here for the juicy stuff. Did I miss anything good yet?

ETA: just caught up. Put me down for the calendar pre-order.

Just so you know, that pre-order means you get 500 for the price of 1 when nobody else orders any and we have to get rid of them. You lucky, lucky man. You can wallpaper your house with them, I'm sure your family would love that.

• Like 5

Just so you know, that pre-order means you get 500 for the price of 1 when nobody else orders any and we have to get rid of them. You lucky, lucky man. You can wallpaper your house with them, I'm sure your family would love that.

My wife did a pin-up calendar once. It was a fundraiser for a dog rescue. The coordinator was a bit of a flake and didn't put it out for sale until February. Who buys a calendar in February? I'm sure she has 500 semi-smutty pictures of my wife in her garage.

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My wife did a pin-up calendar once. It was a fundraiser for a dog rescue. The coordinator was a bit of a flake and didn't put it out for sale until February. Who buys a calendar in February? I'm sure she has 500 semi-smutty pictures of my wife in her garage.

I'd be asking that lady some questions if I were you ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

More importantly, did you buy some awesome clothes? :D:D

I did! Not as much as I wanted so I am going to do more shopping online later. 

• Like 1

JANUARY

Happy new year everyone and welcome to me getting awesome!

I weighed in this morning and woah... it wasn't great. There is a perfect storm of christmas food, birthday curry, new year drinks and chinese food and a late appearance by the sharks but that is no excuse. At least I get to start the year on a high to make my progress seem even more epic which I am terming the DFG Method. Measurements have all been taken and tracked on my spreadsheet and I am ready to go. 

January Goals

- Track food every day - 0/31

- Eat 5 portions of freggies every day - 0/31

- Hydrate myself properly (8 glasses) - 0/31

- Work out for 30 minutes 3x per week - 0/4

- Do the Darebee Daily Dare every day- 0/31

Petitions for New Items:

If you remember I am not allowed to buy anything from new without having made a formal petition for the item and waiting a calendar month. I start the year with no formal petitions and no petitions to expire but this is where I will submit my formal requests. 

Savings Goal 

48.20% to goal

Gamerpoints

41025/45000 

Books Read

0/25

Movies Watched 

0/100

Seasonal Food

I have to plan my menu around the foods that are in season and I want to ensure I have eaten everything in season for that month at least once. If I cannot source an item that is fine (I can't imagine Lidl get their hands on a glut of truffles) but I need to try. 

Kale

Kohlrabi

Swede

Leeks

Truffles

Sprouting Broccoli

Oranges

Rhubarb

Venison

Goose

Food Waste

Less that £8 (not including anything purchased over the Chrismas period)

• Like 12

Looks like a great plan!

Just one point of criticism: you are already awesome <3

• Like 4
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

Oooh, I love the seasonal food goal. I always have such a hard time remembering what's in season!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.