Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Fitness Ugly Sweater Holiday Contest!

Wondering who will be ballsy enough to take a picture doing OHP wearing nothing but a santa hat and a strategically placed gift box?!?!?!?!

Hahaha I'm already considering how to explain that to owner of my gym...

Can I wait for the cute level 50 guy to arrive before I do it? ;) Hehe

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

I'm on this!!  Who doesn't love the Ugly Sweater holidays?  I'd love to see those ugly Yule and Kwanzaa sweaters to accompany the myriad of Christmas and smattering of Hanukkah sweaters.  :redface:

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood

Short shorts and sweater here too... It's 86 F here!! Hahaha

Well, you enjoy that, Bookworm!  I will continue to live in the snowiest metropolis in the US and, maybe - just maybe, I'll try some outdoor sports this season!

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c464.html

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood

This is a great idea! Last year when I did the Christmas Rush 5K some guy ran the whole thing as a 6ft tall candy cane. This is not me but here is some inspiration...

c8e26c9d-492d-42c7-9137-19487037b7f4_zps

• Like 3

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

This is a great idea! Last year when I did the Christmas Rush 5K some guy ran the whole thing as a 6ft tall candy cane. This is not me but here is some inspiration...

c8e26c9d-492d-42c7-9137-19487037b7f4_zps

THAT'S INSANE!  XD

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

THAT'S INSANE!  XD

The guy had like 6 people running with him since he could ONLY see forward. Also, now that I look at it in picture, it's way taller than 6ft!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

The guy had like 6 people running with him since he could ONLY see forward. Also, now that I look at it in picture, it's way taller than 6ft!

yeah, I'm trying to figure out how the heck he saw anything and was even able to walk ,much less run/jog!

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

I'm so pissed.... I bought an elf hat.... green pointy with a red brim...lots of bells... my son was all oooh can I wear it? I was like yeah but be careful because I'm planning to wear it for the nerdy contest... I get home from shopping to find it inside out on the floor and all the bells are gone.... what happened to my hat.... "I don't know I didn't do it".... none of the other children were here... sigh....

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm so pissed.... I bought an elf hat.... green pointy with a red brim...lots of bells... my son was all oooh can I wear it? I was like yeah but be careful because I'm planning to wear it for the nerdy contest... I get home from shopping to find it inside out on the floor and all the bells are gone.... what happened to my hat.... "I don't know I didn't do it".... none of the other children were here... sigh....

spank him.  :P

spank him.  :tongue:

if that was a discipline that positively impacted his behaviour... I totally would...

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

"Oooh yeah!"

The results of a straw poll in my challenge thread mean you're spared the sight of me squatting in gold booty shorts, tinsel and an XMAS hat...

holiday dead

• Like 3

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Where does one even find such a jumpsuit?

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Looks like i am going to have to step up my game for this challenge....man kini time.

• Like 1

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I don't think I can beat that

• Like 1

Spoiler

The results of a straw poll in my challenge thread mean you're spared the sight of me squatting in gold booty shorts, tinsel and an XMAS hat...

No, you didn't.  It's there in your photo album.  Right next to the deadlift image.  :shiver:

Both lovely images.   :nightmare:

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

HAHAHAHA omg, those photos are amazing, Mal! (yup, callin' ya Mal)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!