Forums are back in action! ×

Stress has hit an all new high?

Seriously, stress as derailed me since September. I stopped going to the gym, I slipped into a meh state of mind. I stopped eating like I was (Paleo -- mostly). October wife had a DnC (we lost our second child in September), November she was forced to move out of her dad's old place (step mom is a bitch). December we find out she has until 1st of March to find a new place.

Oh and did i mention I am still in VA trying to land on a project? Yeah... That too. >.> Life has sucked hard for me. I have learned a lot, met some good people... Just haven't been very good to myself. It is time to respawn it seems. Do something.

Stress has killed my sleep patterns, food has gone to shit... Work situation needs fixing, some how... I can't even think on how to fix that right now. So damn tired. >.>

So my plan of actions, starting small:

- Track what I am eating, see where I am sitting at calorie intake wise before I figure out what to do from there. Not only have I not been eating well, I am sure i haven't been eating ENOUGH. >.> Back to square one. I fired up MFP once again to track my intake

- Get back to sleeping. Seriously, I just don't sleep well. I am going to try a few of those sleep apps one can find on Andriod... We'll see how they go.

- Start up a new To Do list. I keep trying to do these, but I keep slipping up. Probably because I forget they are there... Sleep deprivation? I dunno. I need something that will remind me obnoxiously.

• Like 1

Gnomish Superhero-In-Training S3|D3|S1|C3|W4.75|CH3

Gnomish Trials and Tribulations

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

Thanks Oh Beep. I am going to try a few things out in the next couple of days and see what I come up with. That will work >.>

- So far MFP works well for me, I know that from before, so It's time to start it up again.

- I love my Google Calendar, but I can't seem to enjoy using Todo list apps. I do it on paper, but I keep going meh on the idea of carrying paper though. So I am looking into something that Google Calendar might help fix that for me.

- Sleep. There are apps for this I want to try. They are those Sleep Tracking Apps, so we shall see how that goes. >.>

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

I haven't tested them yet but you set your phone on the matress next to you when you go to lay down and I guess it is suppose to register how well you sleep via some sort of metric system built into the phone.

1|2(a)|3|4

I tried two different apps last night, running at the same time. Here's what I got:

Runtastics Sleep Better

82% Sleep Efficiency (10h7m)

17% I spent awake (1h 42m)

5% in a Light sleep (29m)

78% in a Deep sleep (7m 56m)

Sleep (I don't think that's the full name I will have find it)

Deep Sleep Cycles 54%

I kind of really like the other one, it breaks up what I want to see.

1|2(a)|3|4

I tried two different apps last night, running at the same time. Here's what I got:

Runtastics Sleep Better

82% Sleep Efficiency (10h7m)

17% I spent awake (1h 42m)

5% in a Light sleep (29m)

78% in a Deep sleep (7m 56m)

Sleep (I don't think that's the full name I will have find it)

Deep Sleep Cycles 54%

I kind of really like the other one, it breaks up what I want to see.

I'm curious how tracking your sleep helps with curing lack of it. I've always struggled with that connection and how it works.

I make a paper style to do list in google drive and delete things as I do them. That also means they're fluid and I can organize them how I will :)

And where (approxamately) in va do you live/what kind or work are you looking for? I live in VA and for some reason I've always had a decent job finding things online (secretly a Hufflepuff perhaps?) and I'll gladly help you if I can! 

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I am currently in Reston, VA But the job stuff seems to be fleshed out now yay! I got a job lined up in Bentonville, AR (I am/was -- it's a weird limbo currently-- working for a consultant agency that does software development) So stress is gone and replaced with moving lol

Oh Beep: I have a weird mentality that I like to keep track of things, if I know what my sleeping patterns are for X days and I can correlate what I have going on in regards to the previous day and how I slept that night I can better gauge what is effecting: am I eating too late? Staying out of my own bed too much? Am I working out too close to bed? etc.

I wouldn't call it OCD, but I am a naturally unorganized person and I structure when I need it most to fix things (I suffer from ADHD and Tourettes)

• Like 2

1|2(a)|3|4