Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

It's only 11:15pm! I should probably go to bed anyway but I'm reading through the website in case this interview still happens. 

Since I wasn't clear earlier: the interview never actually got scheduled. She emailed me Wednesday asking if I was available "this week" but my reply never got to her. So my biggest concern now isn't the content of the interview but whether or not it's even still a possibility or if it's too late now. (I have no idea how my actual application got through and nothing else did.) This is also why I'm hoping we can do a phone interview, because I really don't want to wake up tomorrow to an email or phone call asking "great, when can you come in?" Ugh. 

Haha oh well that's not so bad, I'll let you off =P 

ahh I see. Yeah that is super weird, I didn't think emails still went missing like that? Maybe she just has weird filters set up. Well fingers crossed for a phone interview for you :) 

• Like 2
Just now, Owlet said:

Haha oh well that's not so bad, I'll let you off =P 

ahh I see. Yeah that is super weird, I didn't think emails still went missing like that? Maybe she just has weird filters set up. Well fingers crossed for a phone interview for you :) 

haha thanks. You're the best. 

I have no idea wtf it is. It happened in February too when I was trying to set up a phone call with another woman there. Like, my initial email will go through but any replies or forwarded messages don't make it. Roommate can forward stuff from her personal gmail account, so idk if it has something to do with the fact that I use yahoo or what. But yeah, it's not something you expect in fucking 2016. >> 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I've had major issues receiving stuff from Yahoo... Never use it, only for spam LOL

On the PCOS issue, I once had a doctor tell me if you have PCOS you need to consider yourself insulin resistant / type 2 diabetic and act accordingly

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

It could be that they're just picking up your messages in their spam filter. Maybe because it's from yahoo.

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Fuck meeeee I have an interview at 2. In person. I am so not excited about this. Like, yay. But also dressing up and makeup and such. Fuck. 

And grr if yahoo is really the problem. The only reason I use it in the first place is that gmail didn't have any variation of my name available.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Castiel_supernatural_good_luck.gif

I'm sure you will

tumblr_inline_nkmxgr2uRc1rzgpge.gif

And will not get any awkward questions like

tumblr_mdv152JkJW1rt90fho4_250.gif

Just remember

tumblr_m5fxmjAziy1qg6ufco1_r1_500.gif

• Like 4

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

tumblr_nlf66zE34M1up4fnwo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just wrote out notes on why I want to work there and some of my accomplishments in case they ask. But in French, so they can't just glance at my paper and know I'm cheating. Nerd status achieved.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

One hour til the interview. Feeling super shaky and lightheaded. It's happened the past two days as well and is probably because of the hemp milk I had with breakfast but now is a terrible time to realize this. D: 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

D: That is the worst timing. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Okay. So no more hemp milk for me. I have no idea what the issue was but it's the only thing the last three days have in common. 

So the interview was slightly awkward. But not terrible. Until I was leaving and one of her supervisors said like, "bye it was a pleasure to meet you" or something and I forgot how to speak. Like straight up could not respond. Finally wound up with something like "uh, yeah!" >_> Cross your fingers for another interview with her boss in the next two weeks. Also weird: she checked her spam folder and my emails weren't there either. 

Im melting and the shoes I'm wearing have destroyed my feet. Being an adult sucks. And I can't get "Guns and Ships" out of my head bc I was at Lafayette Square and there was a statue of Rochambeau. Fangirl problems. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

For what it's worth, I once got called for an interview and had no idea who the company was or what the job entailed. She had my name right, but I couldn't shake the feeling that she'd called me by mistake. But since 1) I needed a job and 2) I had nothing better to do I accepted the interview and hoped I could bluff through it. I got the job.

(This was pre-internet/email days when jobs were advertised in the newspaper and applications were done by snail mail. The company had used the initials of their name to save money on the ad, but the manager used the full name when she called, and she used a different job title than had been in the ad so nothing matched my records.)

• Like 3

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Thanks y'all. Next hurdle: thank you notes. If i were going to email them I should have done it well before now; if I snail mail them, they may not get to the office til Tuesday, which feels a little late. 

Either way, I'm going to be a grownup and avoid the issue til tomorrow. I'm exhausted for no apparent reason. (Actually I got up early to check my email obsessively, and probably haven't been sleeping well enough in the heat. Oh well. Heat wave from hell is broken now.)

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 hours ago, Briniel said:

You survived the interview!! Awesome :D Enjoy your weekend. Get some rest. Send those notes.

Notes are done. So there. Emails from earlier in the week are still on the to do list, but they will get done. If only so you can't yell at me about them. =P

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 minutes ago, Briniel said:

Yay, awesome!! I'm not yelling, I'm nudging :P

haha I know it's done with love no matter what we call it, so no worries. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

We interrupt your regularly scheduled nerding to rage about the fact that I am still expected to travel to visit people instead of them even considering coming here instead:

tumblr_m78ldo200l1rziwwco1_500.gif

Thank you for your attention. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Honestly I googled "angry supernatural gif" with something specific in mind but when I saw that one I couldn't not.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi