Whisky and Townes Van Zandt - Deffy #96

Whisky and Townes Van Zandt

Autumn is my favourite season. Or it might be spring. I kinda like them equally. Spring because it's about new starts and expectations of summer, and Autumn because it's about reaping what you've sown and basking in the things you've achieved ahead of the fallow days. 

I digress. 

There's something about the nights drawing in and the weather changing that I just adore. Autumn is the season of blankets, cosiness, comfort, hot tea, soups, and curling up with a good book. Or drinking whisky and watching the rain teem down through the window while you listen to Townes. 

By the end of this challenge, my soon-to-be husband will be here and this time he will stay forever. It will be strange adjusting to having someone around all the time again and I have genuinely loved the vast majority of the time I have lived alone, especially as I always wanted to live alone and never thought I'd get to, but there is no one in the world I'd rather share my house and my life with so I am really excited for the future. 

I'm not going to make any huge commitments during this challenge. I haven't been working out much but I have really enjoyed the slower pace with that, especially as work is a complete nightmare:

Spoiler

We have lost another two team members and I think we'll lose another one soon. That will leave just two people, to do the work that was being completed by 10 people when I joined this team two years ago. And our workload has increased dramatically. I am already doing 3 jobs as it stands. I can't cope with much more 

My weight is staying steady/dropping at a reasonable pace because I am eating sensibly and other reasons, but from a general wellbeing perspective as well as the positive impact it has on my joints, I do need to work out every so often. I'm not putting a number on this. Just every so often

I don't need any food goals at the moment because that's taking care of itself without much intervention. There's a lot of stuff in the freezer that's been there a while so ima eat that. 

I would like to check in here more often than I have been. Not daily updates. I don't do anything interesting on a regular enough basis to warrant an update that frequently, but I would still like to keep in touch and check in intermittently. 

I would like to track my food every single day. This is a hard line. 

I also have a ton of stuff to do for the wedding because that's really freaking soon. And beyond the bureaucratic shit we've had to do (that is almost entirely done, pending one more bureaucratic turd nugget) I haven't actually done ANY of the fun stuff. So I should probably get round to that. 

And there we have it. It's a challenge, but not as we know it! 

• Like 7

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Exciting for the wedding planning!     and Fall!

Happy White Girl GIF by Trey Kennedy

• That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

58 minutes ago, deftona said:

There's something about the nights drawing in and the weather changing that I just adore. Autumn is the season of blankets, cosiness, comfort, hot tea, soups, and curling up with a good book. Or drinking whisky and watching the rain teem down through the window while you listen to Townes. 

High-five of solidarity in loving autumn!!!

By the end of this challenge, my soon-to-be husband will be here and this time he will stay forever. It will be strange adjusting to having someone around all the time again and I have genuinely loved the vast majority of the time I have lived alone, especially as I always wanted to live alone and never thought I'd get to, but there is no one in the world I'd rather share my house and my life with so I am really excited for the future. 

High-five of vicarious excitement!! Best of luck on this new season of your life!

I'm not going to make any huge commitments during this challenge. I haven't been working out much but I have really enjoyed the slower pace with that, especially as work is a complete nightmare:

High-five of commiseration. Sorry you're going through it.

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

You're my favorite season too :)

Hide contents

What did I miss here? Why aren't they replacing the people who leave? It seems unfair that you are working 3 people's jobs when you are one person.

Following along!

Spoiler

I work for the NHS and the previous government did what they always do and underfunded it for 14 years. There has been a recruitment freeze for all non clinical staff for a while and now we're actively reducing numbers through natural wastage. I work with staffing capacity planning data  so as you can imagine we've never been busier. We're also a year into the aftercare of a huge project that for some reason fell entirely on my shoulders, and I have recently taken a promotion. So now, I am doing my old job, my new job, and a project management role all at the same time. And I am tired

4 hours ago, Shello said:

Exciting for the wedding planning!     and Fall!

Happy White Girl GIF by Trey Kennedy

I am getting sort of excited about the wedding planning but I am more so overwhelmed by how much I have left to plan. 

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

High-five of solidarity in loving autumn!!!

High-five of vicarious excitement!! Best of luck on this new season of your life!

High-five of commiseration. Sorry you're going through it.

High fives backatcha for all of the above! 

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Roses are red

Ponies are white

Cause you're my guuuuuurl

and that's allriiiiiiiiiiite

Here to follow, because I need to find out how this story develops and how else will I know! 

I Am Having Deja Vu GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

12 minutes ago, deftona said:

I Am Having Deja Vu GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I'm voting for "glitch in the Matrix". ?

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

18 hours ago, deftona said:

I am getting sort of excited about the wedding planning but I am more so overwhelmed by how much I have left to plan. 

I hear that, especially on a time crunch.   Do you have an idea of how big you want this to be?   Depending on that answer you could have a smaller list of things to plan.  Hit me up if you want any help.  After planning my first wedding I briefly wanted to be a wedding planner.  I think it's great fun! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

4 minutes ago, Shello said:

I hear that, especially on a time crunch.   Do you have an idea of how big you want this to be?   Depending on that answer you could have a smaller list of things to plan.  Hit me up if you want any help.  After planning my first wedding I briefly wanted to be a wedding planner.  I think it's great fun! 

We're getting married at a historic site for runaway lovers  because ever since my gran told me about it when I was wee I have always thought it was so romantic. We're eloping, just the two of us so there's actually very little to plan. Just stuff like the dress, rings, the cake, the mini honeymoon afterwards - that sort of thing. The actual fun stuff! It was all put off while we were waiting for the home office to decide the visa and now there isn't much time and I don't have much inclination but we were talking about this on the phone last night and it's nice to start getting excited about the ceremony, amongst all the stress! I might be hitting you up for advice though, I think I have found the dress I want! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, deftona said:

in the mood hearts GIF by WE tv

So exciting!!

• Like 1

Autumn is my favorite, as well.

Have fun with the planning!

Happy Challenge!

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

11 hours ago, deftona said:

We're getting married at a historic site for runaway lovers  because ever since my gran told me about it when I was wee I have always thought it was so romantic. We're eloping, just the two of us so there's actually very little to plan. Just stuff like the dress, rings, the cake, the mini honeymoon afterwards - that sort of thing.

What about the carriage that chases you at break-neck speed from London to prevent the wedding? I know how this is supposed to work, and that part is crucial.

• Haha 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

14 hours ago, Shello said:

in the mood hearts GIF by WE tv

So exciting!!

It is! I bought my dress last night and we've  found somewhere gorgeous to stay for the minimoon (god I hate that phrase)

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Autumn is my favorite, as well.

Have fun with the planning!

Happy Challenge!

Welcome! High five for the autumn love! 

2 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

What about the carriage that chases you at break-neck speed from London to prevent the wedding? I know how this is supposed to work, and that part is crucial.

We just assumed you were on that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deftona said:

We just assumed you were on that?

I wasn't sure how many hired street thugs, concerned guardians, and/or jealous alternative spouses per person you wanted. Too few, and it's hardly a celebration, but too many is tasteless.

• Haha 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 9/4/2024 at 11:09 PM, deftona said:

My approach to planning is that once a date has been set, the event will happen, so whilst the preparation might make a difference it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things if you don't get to something or aren't as 100% prepared as you would like. Try not to stress to much; it'll be a lovely day whatever happens.

On the other hand, I've been engaged for 15 years, so probably don't take my advice on weddings.

Love that you're going to Gretna Green though; absolutely iconic choice! And who knows, maybe they'll let you get Scottish citizenship when they leave the UK ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

maybe they'll let you get Scottish citizenship when they leave the UK

The second there is a rumbling of independence I'm skipping the border and calling myself McDeffy

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 3

1 hour ago, deftona said:

The second there is a rumbling of independence I'm skipping the border and calling myself McDeffy

Speaking as a person who lives in a country that became independent from England.... it's not all it's cracked up to be.

• Haha 5

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

maybe they'll let you get Scottish citizenship when they leave the UK ;)

Actually maybe I'll hedge my bets and just add Mc to the start of D_R's last name. 

Deftona McGreeklastname has a ring to it. 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Speaking as a person who lives in a country that became independent from England.... it's not all it's cracked up to be.

We were a real country then though. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, deftona said:

• Like 2