What made you smile today?

I went for a run for the first time since developing Achilles tendinitis in December! ^__^

They missed a great opportunity in naming that, I'd called it a speared Achilles....

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

This thread is perfect for times where one is feeling down - I will come back when it happens again!

But for now? I left the train one station early and walked through the woods :) And I ate a pretty rad schnitzel with a perfect muffin afterwards :D

• Like 1

I'm IkarusPicture, but can't change my name

My son wanting lots of cuddles after work!

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

"The moment your mom realizes its not your first shot."

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/4ciuxd/the_moment_your_mom_realizes_its_not_your_first/

(A short gif)

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

*groggy eyes as I turn off my alarm clock* "are we making oats to go today? Or bacon and eggs?"

"bacon and eggs sound really good." 

I love my guy!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

So yesterday I was at a first annual artwalk that was put on by a local high school. I was there to try and sell pens, of which I did quite well, but that's isn't the smile part...

As things were winding down, one of the students that had volunteered there was walking around asking vendors if there was anything good/bad that could be changed for next year. She came to my table to ask me, and I pointed out all the good, the snacks, the labeling the tables, the volunteers to watch our stuff if we need a break... etc. YOu know when you can see someone getting REALLY happy, but trying to contain it... that was her, she was getting all bouncy and smiley, and  then I stopped talking, tried to think of a negative, and honestly couldn't, it was a very well done event for a first time. So I told her that there wasn't anything negative that I could think of, that smile engulfed her face and I'd swear she floated off when she walked away...

Come to find out, she was part of the group that organized it... a group of two people.

• Like 7

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I got to give a gift to one of my teachers today, that I have been meaning to give her.  She is the band/music teacher, and we have become friends but have trouble communicating most of the time because of the language barrier.  But I always go to her mini concerts during lunch and we seem to make the friendship work.  Anyways, I gave her a CD of my favorite composer, and talked with her about it a bit with the help of one of the English teachers.  The whole exchange made me very happy :)

• Like 3

I'm getting really bored really quick with only being able to ride my horse at a walk, and it feels like she is too. So today I spent half of our ride sitting the wrong way.. As in facing her tail. We both got very confused and I don't know about her, but I had a great time. She seemed less bored, it probably felt just as weird for her as it did for me! Made me giggle!

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

..heard a Bern taking part in its parents discussions, then complain about the pressure change in the plane cabin.

In essence it was "HgnyaaIIahh bu bababa, hgniah".

Knew exactly what was meant, and couldn't have agreed more.

That moment where I was reminded that we grow from being simple, little animals to complex, big animals.. that made me smile.

Or, to be more precise: Hynghaaa gaaaaa. Ga GAAA ga.

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

On 07/04/2016 at 1:52 PM, RandMart said:

.. been kinda busy with unimportant stuff like work and whatnot... just saw this... and it's news to me... More stories ? HA ! Can't wait .. and sweet mother of all that is good and pure, they got Ghost Dog ! How awesome is this one going to be ?  

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

18 hours ago, Steaky said:

The look of joy on my wife's face when she realised the surprise I sprung on her this morning was a four night stay in our own log cabin in a forest for our honeymoon. She later told me no one has ever done anything so considerate or special for her. :-D 

Sounds like a very excellent way to start a marriage.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27