Forums are back in action! ×

Hard reset required

…this is actually quite nerve-wracking.

I used to be quite active around here about a year ago, and then I just… wasn’t.

Over the past year things have been difficult, to say the least, and I fell right back into the bad habit of trying to go it alone. That resulted in losing a few close friends, having constant panic attacks at work, failing to graduate university, and culminated with a breakdown that saw me being prescribed anti-depressants. That in turn felt like such a step backwards that things didn’t improve for a couple of months or so. During that time I wallowed in self-pity, and much as I hate to admit it, didn’t make much of an effort to actually change things. I just wanted to sleep until it all blew over.

And then I had, for lack of a better word, a kick in the right direction. I began to claw my way back to a stable, healthy, enjoyable life.

I’m in a slightly better place now. The medication has evened me out enough to function properly again, I’ve had a surprising amount of support at work, and I’m slowly getting back into good eating and exercise habits, basically, I’m building back up from scratch. And I’d very much like to keep this upwards trajectory.

This respawn is part of that. I used to love being on here, and I’d like to regain that. So here I am, trying again and hoping for the best.

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Much appreciated :) Going it alone might be the habit of a lifetime, but I reckon (or I hope, anyway) I can break it given some time.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Welcome back :) I've gone the antidepressant route, and it can be so helpful! We've all got your back 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

You didn't "fail to graduate." You just haven't graduated yet.

I didn't get around to finishing college till I was 27. It's useful to have a degree, but life goes on without it.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

You're right, and I do need to try and get into that mindset of 'haven't done it yet' rather than just outright 'failed'. It kind of feels like outright failure, but it was never as black and white as that.