Drink bottle of plain water

Shower

Tidy around chair

Tidy around night stand

Start meal planning

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Chesire said:

Thank you for the list idea.  I've been having a rough time and keeping myself focused is difficult.  But I copied your list making idea and its been working well for a few days.

It is really awesome that you're finding the idea helpful. That's one of the things I love about this place; seeing what other people are doing and how you might be able to apply it.

• Like 3

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

Plan for yesterday

Listen to praise music✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Work✔️

Drink bottle of plain water✔️

Shower✔️

Tidy around chair

Tidy around night stand✔️

Start meal planning✔️

Brush and floss✔️

In bed by 10✔️

Plan for today

Listen to praise music

Put lotion on feet

Work

Tidy around chair

Make grocery order

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 3

Spoiler

My thoughts for the last week has been circling around I can do better.  Not "I need to do better", not "I want" not "I should", but "I CAN do better" I have more capacity right now. I'm not working 50+ hour weeks. I'm not in pain when I get home from work. Right now, I can do better, and it feels kind of exciting. 

I was doing Bistro MD for a while to cover basically all my food needs, and it was helping me lose weight, but I couldn't afford to keep going with it. Since I stopped it,  my weight has basically been flat, falling a between 366 and 368lbs.  I've got a solution for work lunches that is working well for me. Get three salad kits, cook up some chicken, and BAM, lunches solved. Getting different kits, so there's some variety. 

Spoiler

image.png.c1a695bd01d089876ecd2fec4b2d4874.png

What I need is a better solution for dinners. I've been looking at some budget friendly, simple meals, and this week, I'm going to try cooking. I'll make one of the dishes Sunday, eat part of the leftovers Monday, and cook again Tuesday. That should give me enough to last the rest of the week, switching between the two meals.  I know it seems like a stupid small thing, but from where I've been, this actually feels like a big step for me.

Plan for yesterday

Listen to praise music✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Work✔️

Tidy around chair✔️

Make grocery order✔️

Brush and floss

In bed by 10✔️

Plan for today

Listen to praise music

Put lotion on feet

Trim and paint nails

Go to painting group

Put groceries away

Do laundry

Put laundry away

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 2

Spoiler

Painting happened. Not sure how much else will today. Feeling really whiped out, being out of my Narcolepsy medication doesn't help. Was supposed to be able to get it yesterday, but currently delayed in transit 

Spoiler

20240420_114956.thumb.jpg.c03afd69775770cf08aad94e15df7376.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Laundry didn't happen yesterday. Laundry probably won't happen today either; I'll be fine for the week.

Feeling kind of cross with FedEx. Tracking says the meds got to Salt Lake on Friday, but delivery (to a FedEx store) is delayed until Monday.  Tried calling yesterday see if anything could be done for me to pick them up, but person on the phone didn't seem to be able to see or do anything that I couldn't do on the tracking page.

Going to try and push through to get some critical stuff done, but definitely lowering my expectations. 

Plan for yesterday 

Listen to praise music✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Trim and paint nails✔️

Go to painting group✔️

Put groceries away✔️

Do laundry

Put laundry away

Brush and floss

In bed by 10✔️

Plan for today

Church

Listen to praise music

Put lotion on feet

Change out cat litter 

Bake chicken 

Cook meal

Shower

Do laundry

Put laundry away

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 4/20/2024 at 10:45 AM, Whisper said:

That should give me enough to last the rest of the week, switching between the two meals.  I know it seems like a stupid small thing, but from where I've been, this actually feels like a big step for me.

This is not a small stupid thing and I am proud of you for taking such a big step. Great Job and let us know how we can help support you in this step forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Got the chicken not only cooked, but cut up and portioned. Also cooked beef stroganoff, and portioned that out too. It turned out fairly well, though I am a little worried about how well it will reheat. 

Hopefully I'll finally be able to get my narcolepsy med after work today.

Plan for today

Church✔️

Listen to praise music✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Change out cat litter 

Bake chicken ✔️

Cook meal✔️

Shower

Do laundry

Put laundry away

Brush and floss✔️

In bed by 10✔️

Plan for today

Change out cat litter 

Listen to praise music

Put lotion on feet

Work

Get med from FedEx

Bell choir practice

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 5

Spoiler

Didn't make it to bell practice last night; was getting to the point where I was worried that I wouldn't be safe to drive. 

Good news; I do have my narcolepsy meds now. Should be doing better quickly.

Plan for today

Change out cat litter ✔️

Listen to praise music✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Work✔️

Get med from FedEx✔️

Bell choir practice

Brush and floss✔️

In bed by 10✔️

Plan for today

Listen to praise music

Put lotion on feet

Work

Shower

Do dishes

Cook 2nd meal

Do dishes made while cooking

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 1

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Didn't make it to bell practice last night; was getting to the point where I was worried that I wouldn't be safe to drive. 

I'm glad you stayed safe!

• Thanks 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

I can't really plan right now. This morning, everything and nothing has changed and I can't really process how I feel. 

Need to leave for work in a moment, but after work, I think I will sit in a park and read for a bit, because I can do that now. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

I made it less than 30 minutes at work before asking my boss for the rest of the week off.

I went home and grabbed my painting stuff and went to the painting group at my church, and spent 3 hours starting a new painting. 

Spoiler

20240424_113416.thumb.jpg.ba709c4e01b5bc104d0d46490891d18c.jpg

Then drove home again. I had my book with me, so walked to the park and read in the sun and the breeze.

Hoy es miercoles

Today is miraculous 

I sit on a bench

The air is warm

The breeze is cool

The air is clean

The clouds part

The sun warms my legs

I lift my face and

Observe the radiance 

Through closed eyes

The sun heats

The breeze cools

Hoy es miercoles

Today is Wednesday 

Today is miraculous 

I don't have a plan for today.

I don't know if I'll have a plan for tomorrow. 

I am alive, and I am free.

• Like 2

Spoiler

I am glad that the salad kits are working for you for lunches. I had half a salad kit with grilled chicken for lunch today. :D  Like you, I have been getting different flavors for variety.

Batch cooking chicken breast has been a staple for my household for the last few years. I find that brining chicken breast (1 Tbsp sugar + 1 Tbsp kosher salt + 1 cup water; scale up as needed) makes it come out much more moist. Plain chicken breast tends to be dry.

Other things that are easy components of dinners:

baked potatoes or sweet potatoes

cous-cous or rice pilaf (comes in a box with flavoring packet, or you can make from scratch with your favorite spices)

pork chops (batch cook and freeze)

meat loaf (batch cook and freeze in single portions)

frozen veggies - I think it is worth it to get the organic ones. The flavor is noticeably better.

I like having mix-and-match protein, vegetable and side dish for dinners. YMMV

I hope you can get some rest and reflection during your time off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

I think tomorrow I want to go back to listing plans for the day

Today, I decided to walk around a lake.

Spoiler

20240425_093147.thumb.jpg.e6d0a77e4c45c18a06a21719bec45221.jpg

Altitude foiled my plans. Why is it still winter 40 minutes from my house?!

The drive was beautiful, and there's a park near my home with a walking loop I've wanted to check out, so did that. It was really nice.

Spoiler

20240425_101614.thumb.jpg.52bdcf2058a999932ec380474e1854fa.jpg

It was less than half an hour, but between reading outside yesterday, and going for a walk today, I think I've slightly burned my forearms and forehead. This tells me two things.

1. I need to grab some sunscreen TOMORROW 

2. I really need to spend more time outside. 

Wasn't productive after that. Played Enshrouded. Watched YouTube, got stuck scrolling through shorts WAY too long. I'm good with not getting much done, but would like to be more productive tomorrow. 

Debating between going to another park I've wanted to see, and visiting an art museum. I think I'll let the weather decide; if it's raining when I get up, I think I'll go to the park.

• Like 4

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Why is it still winter 40 minutes from my house?!

There are a few hikes I'm interested in (probably a bit further than 40 minutes, but still fairly close) that won't be melted out until at least July. It seems like so long to wait!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Curse the fickleness of the weather! I woke up briefly this morning to the sound of a lovely downpour, but I went back to sleep and not it isn't raining.  How am I supposed to decide what to do today if I base the choice on what the weather is doing when I wake up, and it's doing different things the two times? I'm calling my local weatherman and lodging a complaint!

If I'm honest, I think I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go to the museum. The pills help with the agoraphobia, but it's still there. I know I won't go tomorrow; painting class. I might go Sunday...

Plan for today

Shower

Put lotion on feet

Listen to praise music

Change cat litter

Utah Museum of Fine Arts

Dr. Appointment

Make grocery order

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

It opens in less than an hour, need to get moving

• Like 3

Spoiler

It is 5:30 pm. I am in bed. It is highly likely that I stay here until tomorrow. Unless I decide to get up and start working on three paintings at the same time...

Showered, shaved, got dressed, fixed my hair, put in my favorite earrings, looked in the mirror, and liked how I looked. I want to like how I look more often.

One of the shorts YouTube showed me yesterday was this pole dancing archery guy (wasn't something I realized I was interested in, but he's amazing). He was responding to a comment asking about how to look more attractive, and his answer was basically, wear clothes the you feel comfortable in, and do something that you love...

Went to Walgreens to get the sunscreen  I realized I needed yesterday. There was a nice young lady working there that answered a whole bunch of nail polish questions for me. I got a green glitter nail polish, and this irradecent top coat. I'm still not fully comfortable painting my nails, especially at work. What I put on last week was so subtle, I didn't expect anyone to notice without me pointing it out (Monday morning a lady hands me a paper, then takes a closer look at my hands, and told me she liked it). Walgreens lady encouraged me to boldness. 

Back out at the car, almost decided to go home and redo my nails. Instead, I put on a quick coat of the glitter polish, and had maps direct me to the museum. 

Spoiler

20240426_173911.thumb.jpg.171cd11bed06e44253f25ebea343ff8a.jpg

Got up to the University, found the museum parking, but all the designated spots were full. Pulled in to an unlabeled parking space, and went in. Found out that I couldn't park where I was, had to be the labled spots, or in paid parking. Back out to the car, a bug group came out, so figured a few spots would open. Nope! School van with a shockingly high capacity, and there was already another car waiting for the only space that opened. 

So drove to the paid lot, and went to the keyosk to pay, but it wouldn't read my card. Neither would the other one. Back to the lot with the free parking, all spaces were still full. Decided to give up. Someone backed out. 

Finally got into the museum for real. The admissions lady said she liked my nails.

Murals 

Spoiler

20240426_115004.thumb.jpg.25c5e56b88c48e2d1584c4460e2929cf.jpg20240426_115027.thumb.jpg.4485fb50fa3f9174483aaf76d5bf7b45.jpg20240426_114656.thumb.jpg.baff9dc02b355414305185bf021cd3f8.jpg20240426_114735.thumb.jpg.aef496f9c7071b073396c17e14dfbf10.jpg

While walking around the first floor of the museum, there would sometimes be a woman, singing opera. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, it sounded like she was singing in the next room, clear and beautiful. It sounded live, not recorded, not constant. A song, a space, moments, minutes, a song. Sometimes some quiet applause. 

When I went upstairs, I found the source. As an exhibit, there was a singer, giving individuals a gift of song. They would offer, and invite the person to sit in a chair, and sing for them. It was really amazing. I think I'm going to try and make these pictures into a set of paintings. 

Spoiler

20240426_134150.thumb.jpg.d5a57222414d3da631e4b40801075c49.jpg20240426_125646.thumb.jpg.624ed102f1985867a7e23864512a15ae.jpg20240426_125724.thumb.jpg.ca697ed9020a14e129014290feb69870.jpg

The museum isn't that big but I was only able to really see about 75% before getting too tired. Looked at the rest and left. Like often happens I was scared/anxious about going, but it was truly wonderful once I was there.

It was raining when I left, so decided to take my umbrella for a walk around the little lake in Liberty Park. 

Spoiler

20240426_142541.thumb.jpg.5bf9b55f86a79e94dad0b1dadbbce0ff.jpg20240426_142020.thumb.jpg.698048d6c2511767ff42a8303a8f32bc.jpg20240426_141630.thumb.jpg.7ac8e3b1675c6402d4db6b4ffd28352e.jpg20240426_141042.thumb.jpg.7a50aa3a99a6a1fe3c0d3c7caf9e6c7f.jpg

Then it was off to my doctors appointment. She really liked my earrings, and was really happy with how well I'm doing. Didn't want to change anything. New labs and a physical in November. 

Then the long drive home in heavy traffic. 

6:30 now. Maybe I'll get up, but the cats are so nicely snuggled.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Plan for today

Shower✔️

Put lotion on feet✔️

Listen to praise music✔️

Change cat litter✔️

Utah Museum of Fine Arts✔️

Dr. Appointment✔️

Make grocery order✔️

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

Plan for today

Painting

Walk outside

Shower

Put lotion on feet

Laundry

Listen to praise music

Put grocery order away

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hey Whisper! I love the glitter nail polish.

It sounds like you are doing great overall despite the hiccups ❤️ I'm proud of you for making it to the museum, for figuring out lunches that work for you and trying out dinners. Great job. 

I am currently struggling with the "small thing" of trying to figure out dinners as well. It might seem small but it can actually be quite large just because of the amount of dinners we need to eat! That's a lot of choices and effort. I'm thinking of going the potatoes/sweet potato, heap of veggies and protein route. Trying to keep it simple. I don't know if you have a slow cooker but I found it very easy and quite tasty to throw some chicken breast with chicken broth and cook it on low for 8hrs. You can shred the chicken and use it in a bunch of things. Salad, tacos, pasta, sandwiches, wraps or on its own. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Painting and walk pictures. 

Spoiler

20240427_122651.thumb.jpg.457cfef764ada5b24d9e986eb2e002ad.jpg20240426_205342.thumb.jpg.f33b99ef38c24b1f86c1291860a96fd7.jpg20240427_132320.thumb.jpg.e10160440db04858c2f4bb515943913e.jpg20240427_133631.thumb.jpg.9df3c7a6eff1073ab34dd28071601e20.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Yesterday, got up, went to paining. I'm almost done with the butterfly; just need to let it dry so I can add a few final details.  Was feeling really tired after painting, but stopped in a park on my way home and took my umbrella for another walk. It was nice, but I think I tweaked my ankle a little.

Got home, ate lunch and was watching a video, but couldn't keep my eyes open. Went to bed around 3:30 and played the video on my phone; I wasn't falling asleep, but couldn't keep my eyes open either. around 6 I gave up on the idea of really doing anything else. Made sure the cats had food and water, did the minimum to keep my Duolingo streak going, and took my sleep meds. Not sure when I really fell asleep, but woke up for a while around midnight before going back to sleep until 6am.

So few checkmarks for yesterday, but what you gonna do? If the eyes won't stay open, they won't stay open. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plan for yesterday

Painting✔️

Walk outside✔️

Shower

Put lotion on feet

Laundry

Listen to praise music✔️

Put grocery order away✔️

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

Going to get some stuff done today. It's the last day of my unplanned vacation, and I've got the early start tomorrow 😢

Think I'll skip a real walk let my ankle recover from whatever it's irked about, but I've managed to spend some time outside each of the last 4 days, and I want to keep that streak going. There's a park about a stone throws from home; might go there and listen to church.

Plan for today

Painting?

Spend a few minutes outside

Shower

Put lotion on feet

Laundry (wash started)

Laundry fold/hang

Listen to praise music

Cook Sausage and Vegetable Skillet

Brush and floss

In bed by 10

• Like 2

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hey Whisper! I love the glitter nail polish.

Thank you 

17 hours ago, Rookie said:

I don't know if you have a slow cooker but I found it very easy and quite tasty to throw some chicken breast with chicken broth and cook it on low for 8hrs. You can shred the chicken and use it in a bunch of things. Salad, tacos, pasta, sandwiches, wraps or on its own. 

I don't have a slow cooker, but I think it's an investment I need to make. Been baking chicken then chopping and freezing portions, but I think slow cook and shred might work better

Spoiler

On 4/24/2024 at 2:15 PM, Mistr said:

Other things that are easy components of dinners:

baked potatoes or sweet potatoes

cous-cous or rice pilaf (comes in a box with flavoring packet, or you can make from scratch with your favorite spices)

pork chops (batch cook and freeze)

meat loaf (batch cook and freeze in single portions)

frozen veggies - I think it is worth it to get the organic ones. The flavor is noticeably better.

I like having mix-and-match protein, vegetable and side dish for dinners. YMMV

It feels a bit too much for where I am right now on the cooking/plan/sorting/storage front, but it is def the direction that I want to be moving in. I really like the idea of having little modules set up that I can spend 10-15 minutes finishing for a new dinner on a weeknight, rather than just throwing the same leftovers in the microwave. 

On 4/22/2024 at 4:58 AM, Sepherina said:

This is not a small stupid thing and I am proud of you for taking such a big step. Great Job and let us know how we can help support you in this step forward.

Thank you

• Like 1

Spoiler