13 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Plz provide food pr0ns kthnx

I am all about providing teh pr0ns. 

Wait. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm not sure if I ate too much at lunch or if what I ate was bad, but I feel gross right now. Like I have a headache and can't focus, and also my stomach is mad at me. Also I'm shaky and... idk, it's like my body feels light like I'm going to float away? Which makes zero sense and is also super fun while trying to work on this presentation. I was blaming the shakiness earlier on freaking out that my kidney was going to explode out of my body but I'm over that now. And I'm not nervous about the presentation really because whatever happens happens. I've got some talking points and basically we're supposed to focus on leading discussions anyway so worst case I just let people talk forever. 

Ugh I just want to not feel sick and crappy anymore. And it seems like my little two week vacation of not having anything to do at work is coming to an end. Though I would love for someone to tell me how I'm supposed to do a write up/summary/newsletter about the team's trip to the Middle East when I wasn't there. I hope someone took good notes. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Westboro Baptist Church is picketing my school Friday because we dare have resources for trans students. :rolleyes: I am legitimately bummed that I have to work during the time they're supposed to be there. (And also I feel dirty for having been on their website looking for that information.) Fuck them. I mean I can be a negative person a lot of the time but I cannot imagine carrying around that much hate for literally everyone who is not me. What kind of a life is that? 

Unrelated, I want ice cream. And I want this presentation to be over. It's gonna be a shitshow. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Presentation in half an hour. I totally feel like I've half-assed it. Oh well. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Today in Flea Stressed Out For Fucking Nothing: we went over an hour and I didn't even get to the discussion questions I was really proud of because people talked so damn much. Ugh. I'm mostly mad because I spent so much time preparing that I could have used for other homework. But it went well and the prof seemed impressed? So eh. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

23 minutes ago, Owlet said:

yeow! Well done :) You have earned a happy cat:

tumblr_my49qozh0Q1rrhjaso1_400.gif

Yaaaaaas kitteh

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Got to polling place at 7:01. Left at 7:42. Not bad. God help people going after work. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

19 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Got to polling place at 7:01. Left at 7:42. Not bad. God help people going after work. 

See, this sounds reasonable. I was confused by how empty my polling place was?? There were like 3 people there. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

26 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

See, this sounds reasonable. I was confused by how empty my polling place was?? There were like 3 people there. 

I mean, I live in DC. I'm pretty sure people have a different attitude about voting here. When I used to live right outside Boston you could go at any time of day and it would be empty. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I know I'm late but I will so do the princess one with you if you do it...

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

*impatiently refreshing the entire internet to see whether I need to move to another planet*

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Lmfao I got an A+ on that presentation. Also I am clever and insightful. Aaaand there goes any worry I had about the final paper since I am clearly set in this class. 

And now, beer. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Two beers and a bourbon punch and no food. It's a good night. If the world ends at least I won't remember it. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

What the fucking fuck. I cannot put into words how terrified I am right now. This is not what was supposed to happen. 

I want to stay up because I want to know what happens but I'm so physically exhausted (and mentally at this point) that I just might have to go to bed and fucking pray. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 minutes ago, fleaball said:

What the fucking fuck. I cannot put into words how terrified I am right now. This is not what was supposed to happen. 

I want to stay up because I want to know what happens but I'm so physically exhausted (and mentally at this point) that I just might have to go to bed and fucking pray. 

Agreed, to all of the above.

• Like 1

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

I can't. Like I have no words to actually express how shocked and absolutely disgusted I am that this fucking assclown got elected. Because it's not just that he's a joke of a human being, and also that 50% of the fucking country believes in his bullshit. Fuck. FUCK. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

51 minutes ago, Bookish Badger said:

Let's get a betting pool going: assassination or impeachment?

I'm leaning towards impeachment, because if anyone is arrogant/stupid enough to be the first president actually voted out of office, it's Trump.

And Pence (who is actually worse if you can believe it) will be President if he's assassinated...then you got the speaker if they take him out...also no prize...

we're fucked

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I can't get past this. Argh. 

In other news, I was getting better and now today I feel like shit again. Congested cough like I haven't had in a while, things in my throats feel swollen, ugh. Also when I move a certain way or take a deep breath things at the bottom of my ribcage are like, crackly and shifting? According to the super professional diagnosis of a friend I may have sprained my rib wall coughing too hard? I have yet another appointment at student health tomorrow so we'll figure it out. 

I've seen several posts on Tumblr and Facebook that are like "protest everything, make his life so difficult, be active and tell them you won't be silenced" etc. And I want to. I want to not let any of this bullshit continue. But the thought of it is so fucking exhausting already. One of the other interns here got a text from her friend a few minutes ago. The girl wouldn't give her number to a random guy on the train and he said that when Trump is president men can do whatever they want to women. I really don't want to deal with that for four fucking years, plus however long it takes to fix it after that (decades?). My therapist is going to be earning her paycheck tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

One of the other interns here got a text from her friend a few minutes ago. The girl wouldn't give her number to a random guy on the train and he said that when Trump is president men can do whatever they want to women. I really don't want to deal with that for four fucking years, plus however long it takes to fix it after that (decades?). My therapist is going to be earning her paycheck tomorrow. 

While I have a lot to say, but don't want to go there (so I'll try humor instead). I would like to just point out, that when Trump is president, that girl will be able to purchase a gun to shoot said guy bothering her. :mushroom:

• Like 2