Forums are back in action! ×

Doodlies: Darkness vs Light - CALLING ALL REBELS

Just now, Terah said:

I'm going to try a kettle bell class this week. It's a 20 minute kettle bell session. Does that count?

Yep. 

The only question is, do you get 100 points if you do two 20 minute kettle bell sessions (or something else)? Or just the 50 for each session? What do we reckon?

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Just now, deftona said:

Yep. 

The only question is, do you get 100 points if you do two 20 minute kettle bell sessions (or something else)? Or just the 50 for each session? What do we reckon?

I think if you do a 20 minute session on Tuesday and another on Thursday, you get 50 points for each.  But if you do 2 - 20 minute sessions back to back (so a 40 minute session) it's still only 50 points.   Do we need a minimum then?   

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 minute ago, LadyShello said:

I think if you do a 20 minute session on Tuesday and another on Thursday, you get 50 points for each.  But if you do 2 - 20 minute sessions back to back (so a 40 minute session) it's still only 50 points.   Do we need a minimum then?   

I think we do need a minimum then. 20 minutes sounds good to me though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deftona said:

- 8 hours of sleep (50 points per night this is achieved [you just have to be trying to sleep, you don't actually have to be asleep for those insomniacs so as long as you go to bed 8 hours before you have to be up you can still count it]

Is this all or nothing? For example 7 hours 45 minutes is zero points?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I may have some trouble in the strength area, at least to start, since I'm having some back problems right now.  But I hope to do some types of exercises at least, and I think I can kick butt on the rest of this stuff... 

And I'll be Rogue.  Because I said so.

399d9d6fe559598d3c1dd45eba7baf7f--xmen-c

• Like 3

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

14 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Done.  I put you down for darkness 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, deftona said:

And in the Red Corner, leading Team Darkness..

Played by @deftona

With her team mates

@Sylvaa

@WhiteGhost

@Korranation

Jason-Sudeikis-Evil-Laugh.gif

Fitness

- Cardio minutes (1 point per minute)

- Strength training (50 points per strength training session)

I was gonna say that I'm gonna have trouble with getting points for strength training since yoga is my strength training, but the points even out with the session lengths anyways. 

Healthy behaviours

- Meet daily calorie goal or stick to your personal food goals (50 points per day)

- Drink 2 litres of water a day (50 points per day)

- Eat freggies (10 points per unique freggie [a portion is around 80g for further details see here])

This food goal is one heck of a slippery slope since I declared no sweets for mine. Glad that we didn't start today since I had a piece of birthday cake today with buttercream frosting.

As for freggies should I use the links guide to measure the amount? I have some mixed veggies with my lunch, but the chart says three tablespoons or 1.5 ounces is one potion and I have 6-8 ounces for the meal which means its 4-5 servings. 

I wish nuts would count for freggies since I get some of my protein from there.

On the other hand this gives my the perfect excuse to go crazy with some frozen blueberries. They're fresher and are a cool treat after a long workout.

Self Care

- Yoga, streching and meditation (1 point per minute)

- 8 hours of sleep (50 points per night this is achieved [you just have to be trying to sleep, you don't actually have to be asleep for those insomniacs so as long as you go to bed 8 hours before you have to be up you can still count it])

Can my self meditation app that I use to fall asleep count towards the yoga/stretching/meditation points or should I tally that one up with the sleep hours. I am trying to go to sleep, I just like to meditate until I lose consciousness. 

On a side note, I've found that I fall asleep faster, get a better rest, and have a better mental attitude for the coming day when I use sleep meditation apps. Anyone got some sleepy wisdom they want to share?

Enrichment

- Learning (1 point per minute)

- Reading (1 point per minute) 

- Practising music (1 point per minute) 

I'm totally gonna double dip on points on learning and reading on account of me being evil and all. The books I'm reading are more about learning to write books. And by these rules I just made up, I should also get some books on practicing music to make it a trifecta for point earning. All for the noble cause of darkness.

please pick a hero/villain to represent you in this PvP and points can start being earned from tomorrow so good luck to everyone! 

Game On!  

So many choices...

I could be:

• Catwoman: because of the cat pun opportunities
  • Darth vader: because his talking reminds me of ujjayi breathing
  • generic villians from "The Legend of Korra" since they fit with my character 
  • one of the villians in the batman lego movie because that was a great movie and a good way to use figure character gifs

8 hours ago, deftona said:

Team Darkness, I will send over a spreadsheet to you all soon to keep track of our scores :D 

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I say round up. Who's gonna know except you [insert evil wink]

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In light of this question, because it seems mean to dock points for missing 15 minutes I propose the 50 points should be for 7 hours sleep a night instead of 8. What say all?

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

I may have some trouble in the strength area, at least to start, since I'm having some back problems right now.  But I hope to do some types of exercises at least, and I think I can kick butt on the rest of this stuff... 

It's a team goal so just do what you can in the areas you're skilled at. 

1 hour ago, Korranation said:

As for freggies should I use the links guide to measure the amount? I have some mixed veggies with my lunch, but the chart says three tablespoons or 1.5 ounces is one potion and I have 6-8 ounces for the meal which means its 4-5 servings. 

I wish nuts would count for freggies since I get some of my protein from there.

On the other hand this gives my the perfect excuse to go crazy with some frozen blueberries. They're fresher and are a cool treat after a long workout.

Remember you can only get credit for unique portions per day. So if you eat 80g of blueberries and 80g of raspberries, that is two. But if you eat 160g of blueberries it's still one portion. Normally in these challenges we say that mixed veg or mixed fruit can count for 2 portions a day unless you're pretty certain you have at least 80g of each unique portion, then you can count a portion for every freggie. 

Can my self meditation app that I use to fall asleep count towards the yoga/stretching/meditation points or should I tally that one up with the sleep hours. I am trying to go to sleep, I just like to meditate until I lose consciousness. 

On a side note, I've found that I fall asleep faster, get a better rest, and have a better mental attitude for the coming day when I use sleep meditation apps. Anyone got some sleepy wisdom they want to share?

I'm totally gonna double dip on points on learning and reading on account of me being evil and all. The books I'm reading are more about learning to write books. And by these rules I just made up, I should also get some books on practicing music to make it a trifecta for point earning. All for the noble cause of darkness.

We normally say no double dipping so I suggest we do the same here. In your examples, you can count the sleep/meditation for either, but not for both. So if you're trying to fall asleep with mediation for an hour, then get 8 hours sleep you can count it as 60 minutes of meditation and an 8 hour (or 7 hours sleep session if everyone agrees with my proposal to change this) but if you only get 6 hours sleep with an hour of meditation you should just count it as a full night's sleep OR 60 minutes of meditation since in this example that's worth more points. Similar for the learning/reading non fiction. You can count it as either, but not as both. Everyone agree?

I say round up. Who's gonna know except you [insert evil wink]

Tut tut, Korra - No rounding!  You've done this before, you should be well versed in the Doodlie Honour Code! :P

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, deftona said:

In light of this question, because it seems mean to dock points for missing 15 minutes I propose the 50 points should be for 7 hours sleep a night instead of 8. What say all?

I was asking more out of curiosity on how things were counted rather than asking to move the goal posts (I am not going to get any sleep points regardless - I have only slept more than 7 hours 3 times in the last few months)

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was asking more out of curiosity on how things were counted rather than asking to move the goal posts (I am not going to get any sleep points regardless - I have only slept more than 7 hours 3 times in the last few months)

We don't usually allow for rounding up but it seemed a bit stingy to lose so many points for missing 15 minutes of sleep which in practice will make very little difference. The reason I proposed the change is because most sources say 7-8 hours sleep a night is the ideal anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Since sleeping is my super power, I don't really care. I can do 10 hours every night if I had to ;)  But I'm okay with 7 hours.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

You can count it as either, but not as both. Everyone agree?

agreed

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

1 hour ago, jmk said:

I agree with all changes.

Last night's sleep counts correct? Mon into Tues.

Since the rules state that Sunday night's sleep counts for the previous week, I'd say we extend that across the challenge.  So the challenge starts this morning, so last night doesn't count.  

I also agree with moving the sleep goal to 7 hours, but it has to be a true 7 hours... Not 6:50. :P 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Remember you can only get credit for unique portions per day. So if you eat 80g of blueberries and 80g of raspberries, that is two. But if you eat 160g of blueberries it's still one portion. Normally in these challenges we say that mixed veg or mixed fruit can count for 2 portions a day unless you're pretty certain you have at least 80g of each unique portion, then you can count a portion for every freggie.

Hmm... by those standards I'd get three portions for the mixed veggies since they are equally weighed, but only one portion for sweet potatoes. Meh same difference.

piRsYCj.gif

We normally say no double dipping so I suggest we do the same here. In your examples, you can count the sleep/meditation for either, but not for both. So if you're trying to fall asleep with mediation for an hour, then get 8 hours sleep you can count it as 60 minutes of meditation and an 8 hour (or 7 hours sleep session if everyone agrees with my proposal to change this) but if you only get 6 hours sleep with an hour of meditation you should just count it as a full night's sleep OR 60 minutes of meditation since in this example that's worth more points. Similar for the learning/reading non fiction. You can count it as either, but not as both. Everyone agree?

tenor.gif

Tut tut, Korra - No rounding! You've done this before, you should be well versed in the Doodlie Honour Code! :P

But I've gotta play my dark role, so pirate honor code

rVXJB3T.gif

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LadyShello said:

I also agree with moving the sleep goal to 7 hours, but it has to be a true 7 hours... Not 6:50. :P 

Yeah, if we change it to 7 hours there is absolutely no rounding up! 

• Like 2

This sounds cool; I'm in for darkness.

Won't mess up the spreadsheet now as I'm late, but reminds me to write myself in come week 2.

• Like 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

15 minutes ago, Jarric said:

This sounds cool; I'm in for darkness.

Won't mess up the spreadsheet now as I'm late, but reminds me to write myself in come week 2.

You chose wisely, Jarric. 

• Like 2

Just now, deftona said:

Just to let you know Team Light, our team is on ONE BAJILLION POINTS already. 

At least we know we are still winning with our 10 bajillion points.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LadyShello said:

At least we know we are still winning with our 10 bajillion points.  

Well that doesn't include today's scores and I got infinity points just this morning so...

Dance-Team.gif

• Like 3

Just now, deftona said:

Well that doesn't include today's scores and I got infinity points just this morning so...

Dance-Team.gif

Oh, so we're counting TODAY's points too?  I see.  We have double infinity points as of today.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2