Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Wait, weren't you saying that you were going to focus on Spanish?

giphy.gif&f=1

(I assume this is just for fun on top of the Spanish?)

Haha yeah, just for fun. I’ve been wanting to reread the series for a while now and not gotten around to it, then I was talking to my Norwegian friend and she mentioned that she’s been wanting to read them in English but she only has them in Norwegian and I was like “ooooh~.”  So basically I’m focusing on Spanish to actually learn, but if cool French things come up I’ll take advantage. 

Basically the difference is that I can actually do and understand shit in French already and really just need to refresh it vs Spanish I actually need to put effort into and there’s no way I could read a book in it yet. (I also own Goblet of Fire in Arabic but lol nope.)

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So after making fun of me for wanting to go back to the store to pay for my shit, my brother asked me today if I’d gone back yet and if I could get him some kind of warm long sleeved shirt to wear to work. Because after 28 years in Massachusetts he didn’t think to dig out his Under Armor to wear to his outside job at the end of October. So yeah, now that he needs something it’s no longer dumb for me to go back. I did offer to drive him over tonight because he’s off but “oh. No. I’ll be okay, it was just if you were going.” :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

20 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I did offer to drive him over tonight because he’s off but “oh. No. I’ll be okay, it was just if you were going.” :rolleyes:

Your strategy for dealing with your brother from now on. Only offer to help him in ways that still require him to expend effort.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Your strategy for dealing with your brother from now on. Only offer to help him in ways that still require him to expend effort.

I like this plan. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

I like this plan. 

Because flea is awesome, and it's a good plan ;) (Tank always has good plans!)

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Stopped to grab some Mega Millions tickets because why not (I’ll send you all postcards when I move and change my identity) and then got stuck in the parking lot when some old guy saw me backing out of my parking space and then pulled up to block me in. Whyyyyy? He didn’t even get out of his car, just pulled up and stared at me. Seems like a great sign. 

Currently in the parking lot of the store to pay for my stuff from the other day. Also to get my brother’s shirts because I’d already told him I would and tbh if I hadn’t committed to it it would still take me forever to get here. So yeah. I actually had a decent night of sleep last night but all it did was make me more tired since I slept terribly the 3 nights before. D: So I’m doing this errand then going home to stare at the wall til bedtime. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

HOOOOOLY SHIT. Student loan thing was approved so my payments are still $0 monthly. Obviously I get fucked in the long run as the interest accrues but right now that's more acceptable than $1534 or whatever it was supposed to be. I was getting worried because they were taking so long with it but I just checked the website and I saw it and I must've been a lot more stressed about it than I realized because my level of relief right now is off the charts. Yikes. I mean it's obviously a good thing but it hit me harder than I expected and I'm like "whoa where did that come from??" 

Also when I went back to pay for my shit the lady would not stop talking about "thank you for being so honest" and "not a lot of people would do that in today's world" and it was super uncomfortable. She just wouldn't let it go. Maybe I'll have earned enough karma from that to win the lottery tonight. I don't really need the entire $1.6 billion, just a couple hundred thousand to knock out my student loans and be able to move on with my life. ( @ lottery gods )

(I know the odds of winning are stupid small, but it's fun to dream.) 

• Like 10

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

32 minutes ago, fleaball said:

HOOOOOLY SHIT. Student loan thing was approved so my payments are still $0 monthly. Obviously I get fucked in the long run as the interest accrues but right now that's more acceptable than $1534 or whatever it was supposed to be.

So glad it worked out! Take the time to enjoy the moment. :)

And then, why not consider still doing some small payments, just to prevent "being fucked up in the long run" which would still be a long shot from the $1534 that would have crippled you terribly ?

Also fingers crossed for the lottery but don't bet on my luck being a great help...

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

8 minutes ago, Jean said:

So glad it worked out! Take the time to enjoy the moment. :)

And then, why not consider still doing some small payments, just to prevent "being fucked up in the long run" which would still be a long shot from the $1534 that would have crippled you terribly ?

Also fingers crossed for the lottery but don't bet on my luck being a great help...

That’s on the to do list for the future! Right now there are other demands for any extra money I have, but once I get a stable job I’ll definitely work on paying extra. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

There is a thunderstorm happening. The thunder is shaking my house. I just want to make some mac & cheese but that requires doing dishes and I don’t want to get electrocuted. T_T

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I didn’t even win $2. Womp. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

I didn’t even win $2. Womp. 

Some of my buddies did a pool. Of all the tickets bought, one got two numbers and the megaball. I had considered buying a couple tickets. Now I still have the $4 I would have spent.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I’m home alone til 11 tonight. Someone yell at me later to make sure I’ve gotten at least one job application done since I won’t have to deal with anyone else’s bullshit. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

20 hours ago, fleaball said:

Also when I went back to pay for my shit the lady would not stop talking about "thank you for being so honest" and "not a lot of people would do that in today's world" and it was super uncomfortable. She just wouldn't let it go.

I haaaaaate stuff like this. I'm super uncomfortable with praise unless I know the person well enough to know they're not lying or making fun of me or doing it for some weird ulterior motive, and so any kind of encounter with randos saying nice things about me basically makes me want to simultaneously laugh, run away, and tell them to be quiet. It even happens with my therapist even though I like him. I've actually agonized about whether I should tell him how uncomfortable it makes me when he compliments me (spoiler, I should but I haven't yet). 

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

I’m home alone til 11 tonight. Someone yell at me later to make sure I’ve gotten at least one job application done since I won’t have to deal with anyone else’s bullshit. 

It may be early but here's your first reminder! :P

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

29 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

It may be early but here's your first reminder! :P

Honestly this is why I made that post. Because as soon as I got home I was like “nooooooope don’t wanna.” Really really don’t wanna. But I trust you all to yell at me lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I have no idea how to grocery shop like a normal person. Of course it would help if I weren’t afraid of cooking and could actually plan for meals but whatever. Went after therapy to grab food for tonight + some other stuff and came out looking at my bags like “wtf do I even do with any of this??” I’ll figure it out eventually. But I DID wind up buying a few things I wanted that I wouldn’t have let myself get before. Apple cider and potato salad just because even though they’re not the healthiest, and my favorite coffee that I just found out comes ground and not just in K-cups but costs a lot more than the Maxwell House stuff because fuck it and I may as well enjoy my coffee if I’m going to work on drinking it at home more. Holy run on sentence, Batman. But that’s an improvement on my previous shopping trips anyway because I was always policing myself for silly reasons. Also I haven’t checked my heart rate while shopping for a while but I don’t feel

quite so anxious when I’m in there anymore. Whee. 

I was supposed to buy stuff to make chicken, ziti, and broccoli for my father and me tonight (I’ve been craving it but I don’t want to wind up eating it for days so I roped him in), but just before I went into therapy I get a text from him asking if we’re still on for it. I knew something was up so I said “yeah unless you don’t want it anymore.” He says he could be working overtime tonight but he’s going to pass it up because dinner. And there it is, he’s looking for permission but doesn’t want to be the bad guy and either ask to cancel or just say “sorry can’t do it.” Told him to take the OT because I’ll enjoy another night without him a hell of a lot more than I’ll enjoy pasta. But it annoys me that someone who’s so selfish 95% of the time suddenly doesn’t want to make the selfish decision now and pawns it off on me. But whatever. 8 more hours of freedom for me. I did call after therapy to confirm that he was working and not coming home, and he told me all the guys there were yelling at him for working instead of going home to have dinner with his daughter. :rolleyes: Sorry, I seem to have left all my fucks in my other purse, I have none to give you right now. 

And then! I come home from shopping and shithead brother asks if I can drive him to his psychiatrist’s office on Friday to pick up a new Adderall prescription. Why? Because he missed his 6-month appointment with the guy, can’t make a new appointment until he pays for his missed visit, and doesn’t like paying over the phone. But also doesn’t want to ask for the Rx to be mailed because it might not get here in time (he’s got 4 days of pills left). So he asked the doctor if he can pick up a script when he goes in to pay his bill and make a new appointment all at once. There’s probably money for it in my future so of course I said yes but I’m still pissed because I’d been asking him forever when his appointment was and it turns out he thought it was the end of October and he was wrong since we just got a bill last night. Fucking moron. 

So here we are. I have an empty house, food to make later, cats to pet... and I just want to go to bed even though it’s not even 4:30. But instead I’m gonna go take out my recycling, toss my laundry in the wash, and bring some dishes down to the sink. Then drink more coffee and look for a job so I don’t get yelled at. 

Wow. I don’t usually drink a second coffee during the day unless I’m out driving forever, but I suddenly got excited about making a cup of the stuff I just bought. Here we go!

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

And you said we need to remind you to do a thing. Consider this your reminder

I totally get the going to bed at 4:30. Its only 3:45 here and I am totally in the same boat. But you have stuff to do and so do I. So I get my homework assignment turned in tonight you do the application? (yes, I am totally using you to make me do my thing).

• Like 3

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

7 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

And you said we need to remind you to do a thing. Consider this your reminder

I totally get the going to bed at 4:30. Its only 3:45 here and I am totally in the same boat. But you have stuff to do and so do I. So I get my homework assignment turned in tonight you do the application? (yes, I am totally using you to make me do my thing).

Yes ma’am! We will do the things! 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Recycling is out, groceries are put away, laundry is in the wash, dishes have been done, dinner is sitting next to me and fat kitty is being chased away from it, my vaporizer has been cleaned so I can get back to using it while I sleep, and a job has been identified for applying to tonight. Plus a few other job postings in the lineup in case I get super ambitious. (Spoiler, I probably won't after everything else is done. I'm already exhausted. My coffee was tasty but not terribly helpful.) 

Also, doing dishes sucks balls after your fucking cat swipes at you and cuts your hand in a half dozen places.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Did the thing. Now impatiently waiting for my laundry to dry and cursing myself for waiting so long to do it because all I want to do is sleep. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

27 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Did the thing. Now impatiently waiting for my laundry to dry and cursing myself for waiting so long to do it because all I want to do is sleep. 

Great job flea. You did your thing. I just got mine done.

Flea did all the things, Flea is awesome.

Now sleep happens...right? Well, after laundry is done.

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

10 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Great job flea. You did your thing. I just got mine done.

Flea did all the things, Flea is awesome.

Now sleep happens...right? Well, after laundry is done.

High five! Bean is awesome too. :)

sleep is totally about to happen. Dragging myself down to the dryer right now, then getting ready for bed and hoping to psd the fuck out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi