I'm so happy for your glimmers and, one depressive to another, I'm happy you're having a kinder darker time atm. I threw in some art below that helps me reframe my darker/heavier emotion phases as productive resting / winter cycles for the soul. Zero obligation to adopt that reframe but it helps me.

Art depicting earth fathers as guardians during the winters of the soul

Spoiler

Music about life continuing even inside winters of the soul

Spoiler

Pop/R&B

Folk / Acoustics

Metal / post-punk

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

3 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I go to register for November and December classes at the gym today. I am a little nervous about registering for two months at once because it seems like such a commitment, but I think it will be okay. I intend to do the thing, so I will just set myself up for that and then follow through. It’s simple, right? 😅

*bewildered nodding, clutching gym membership in my hands* 

I hope that the wind doesn’t bite and your fingers stay comfortably warm all day. ❤️ 

🥲 Wind is too warm and my fingers too cold

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

On 10/23/2024 at 7:06 PM, Sovalis said:

This doesn’t surprise me, but it is disappointing. Still, all I can do is start making better choices and trying to build up the supports that will help me not repeat this in a few months. I am impressed that I am not lingering in my woe or beating myself up about it. Definitely a mindset win.

Splendid work ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I go to register for November and December classes at the gym today. I am a little nervous about registering for two months at once because it seems like such a commitment, but I think it will be okay. I intend to do the thing, so I will just set myself up for that and then follow through. It’s simple, right? 😅

Everything will be fine, I think. And if it's not fine you will learn something and make it better next time. Happy lifting!

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I love the little things and the gratitude you have ❤️ Cozy little snippets, too, are always a delight.

I'm delighted at the financial little joy you've found. It doesn't solve every problem but having a lighter heart does solve a whole lot. I hope you can carry that positivity forward for a long long long time to come, even in unrelated ways ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

21 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Nice to see you, athousandwords! I usually do reframe it as myself time and normally I enjoy it very, very much. We’ve been doing this for ~5 years and this is the first trip that went really sideways for me mental health wise. And I am not really sure what the issue was, certainly there was no real inciting incident, just a weird degradation of my mental health. So hoping it doesn’t happen again because it’s never happened before. *shrug* ❤️ 

Makes sense. Matt used to travel a ton for work (although he was typically home for weekends, so not quite the same!) and I definitely had better and worse weeks depending on my mental health. I hope the work you do in the coming months sets you up for a better experience this time.

Just seeing this update - your taxes boon, your confidence to sign up for gym classes, your glimmers from playing with Saxon and sleeping soundly - all make me so happy for you! Hope you have a great day.

• Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

On 10/24/2024 at 9:05 AM, Heidi said:

I love these simple things for you.

Congratulations on the tax/debt things! I know that has to feel like a real boon. Financial stress can eat away at everything.

woohoo for the gym!

You're doing really well on this front.

❤️

Thank you. ❤️ 

I am very excited about the tax/debt things. It feels like progress. I carry that stress acutely. 

I appreciate your affirmations. Thank you. ❤️ 

23 hours ago, Laghail said:

I'm so happy for your glimmers and, one depressive to another, I'm happy you're having a kinder darker time atm. I threw in some art below that helps me reframe my darker/heavier emotion phases as productive resting / winter cycles for the soul. Zero obligation to adopt that reframe but it helps me.

Art depicting earth fathers as guardians during the winters of the soul

Reveal hidden contents

Music about life continuing even inside winters of the soul

Reveal hidden contents

Pop/R&B

Folk / Acoustics

Metal / post-punk

These are really stunning, Laghail. Thank you! Bear is a particular medicine for me, so that is extra special. 

21 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

*bewildered nodding, clutching gym membership in my hands* 

🥲 Wind is too warm and my fingers too cold

We can do the things!!

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

Splendid work ❤️ 

Everything will be fine, I think. And if it's not fine you will learn something and make it better next time. Happy lifting!

Thank you, Harriet. ❤️ 

It will be, and you’re totally right. You win some or you learn some. 

17 hours ago, Darciana said:

I love the little things and the gratitude you have ❤️ Cozy little snippets, too, are always a delight.

I'm delighted at the financial little joy you've found. It doesn't solve every problem but having a lighter heart does solve a whole lot. I hope you can carry that positivity forward for a long long long time to come, even in unrelated ways ❤️ 

Thanks, Dearheart. I appreciate you. ❤️ 

3 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Makes sense. Matt used to travel a ton for work (although he was typically home for weekends, so not quite the same!) and I definitely had better and worse weeks depending on my mental health. I hope the work you do in the coming months sets you up for a better experience this time.

Just seeing this update - your taxes boon, your confidence to sign up for gym classes, your glimmers from playing with Saxon and sleeping soundly - all make me so happy for you! Hope you have a great day.

Thanks, athousandwords. I hope you have a great day too!

IMG_0308.jpeg.eb9899f0fc8830484d26bbfd95862ac8.jpeg

Hi Friends!

My glimmers for yesterday were a lovely close with a coworker, adding to the work playlist, and watching the last three episodes of Season 3 of The Legend of Vox Machina. Oh, and Dave cooking the sausages because I really wanted to just be a pancake on the couch. He’s a good egg. 

Gym went well yesterday, I noticed a lot of little gains in the strength of my planks (side and front, still from the knees but much more solid), steadiness doing BOSU ball squats (normally my ankles wobble like mad), and I tried skipping for the first time in ~20 years, maybe longer. It didn’t go super well (my knees don’t like it and my otherwise fabulous sports bra just isn’t equipped for that kind of bounce) but I am proud of myself for trying. And then glad that I could just go do the stair thingy instead. 😅 I registered for the November and December classes which feels great, then came home, got ready, and blasted to work for 11 instead of noon because Sonjia wanted some help with the speed report for Town Council and I was the one working on that project before I wrapped up what I could and she got distracted by other things. It’s probably going to take more time to get it nailed down, she is so hard to keep focused. 

She started putting out Christmas mugs and teas and such yesterday and I am a little vexed. Let Halloween breathe a little, hey? Ugh. And that is really saying something, because I have been in a full on Christmas anticipation the past few weeks getting ready for my birthday game. I am painting all kind of Christmas minis and listening to Christmas music while I paint to be in the spirit. But I feel like that is different because I am doing it privately rather than inflicting it onto other people in a public sense. And I am more in the mentality of doing an enjoyable project rather than actively celebrating the season. I don’t know if that makes sense? I know the season has not yet arrived and this is out-of-season behaviour. 

Dave had his appointment yesterday and they are referring him to a surgeon for a scope because their second x-ray was inconclusive and they think the scope will give better imaging. I was really hoping for more concrete information rather than another referral we will have to wait for, but he thinks he might be in to see the surgeon before Christmas which would be good. I feel like this unbalances the Latvia posting possibility a bit but he doesn’t seem concerned so I am trying to let it go. Anticipation is hard. 

I hope that you touch something luxuriously soft today and take a moment to revel. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 8

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 10/24/2024 at 10:37 AM, Artemis Prime said:

So much this. Soda sorry, my Pittsburgh soul cannot handle calling it that - Pop is my biggest problem

😂 i came back from school saying “soda” and my family was like “none of that nonsense” 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.14ad1c0335183c239e576baa94cf48db.jpeg

Misread this completely as a woman lifting  up her skirt to reveal a bear head as her bits and I literally shrieked

*dies of embarrassment*

33 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Dave had his appointment yesterday and they are referring him to a surgeon for a scope because their second x-ray was inconclusive and they think the scope will give better imaging. I was really hoping for more concrete information rather than another referral we will have to wait for, but he thinks he might be in to see the surgeon before Christmas which would be good. I feel like this unbalances the Latvia posting possibility a bit but he doesn’t seem concerned so I am trying to let it go. Anticipation is hard. 

Oof. Waiting sucks. Hopefully his appointment is before Christmas!  Maybe this was contributing to your feeling while he was away? Either way, I hope the scope goes well when it happens. 

And  Yay! so happy you signed up for both months at the gym for classes. You are a boss!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

We can do the things!!

We can! 🥳 Great job with your gym progress! 🎉

the last three episodes of Season 3 of The Legend of Vox Machina

I sat down to watch episodes 2 and 3 with Cid last night. 😍😍😍

Dave cooking the sausages because I really wanted to just be a pancake on the couch. He’s a good egg. 

Pancakes do go well with eggs. 😉 Glad you were able to enjoy a meal and his company.

She started putting out Christmas mugs and teas and such yesterday and I am a little vexed. Let Halloween breathe a little, hey? Ugh. And that is really saying something, because I have been in a full on Christmas anticipation the past few weeks getting ready for my birthday game. I am painting all kind of Christmas minis and listening to Christmas music while I paint to be in the spirit. But I feel like that is different because I am doing it privately rather than inflicting it onto other people in a public sense

😆😆😆😆 I know what you mean. Maybe it's the context for the anticipation? It's one thing to inflict the cafe with put out seasonal cups when there's still a few seasons to enjoy before then - it's another for time-consuming arts and crafts projects that have the connotation of good times ahead with friends. 

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

On 10/24/2024 at 9:23 AM, Sovalis said:

Need to remember to pack a protein bar for work today. I forgot mine yesterday and had a lot of sweets instead and that is not ideal. I really find that once I have something sweet at work I keep going back for more and that is not something I want to make a habit. 

So much this!  I have tried to replace my after lunch sweets with just a couple of squares of dark chocolate.  I still get a little bit of sweet but it doesn't bring the cravings.  But anytime i falter to have just 1 piece of candy, suddenly its 5 pieces!

I hope that you touch something luxuriously soft today and take a moment to revel. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

I was literally putting on my super soft comfy sweater as I read this.  Thanks for that. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Misread this completely

I read this the same way and was totally wowed, and not the least embarrassed, so mad props to us for bear-empowered women. :) 

I am sorry that the holiday retail is crashing into your private Yuletide nesting energy. “We didn’t invite you, and this isn’t about sales dollars, thank you very much!”

Also, what the hell? Halloween hasn’t even *happened* yet. Chill with the militant consumerism. :D 

I think you are fantastic.

Sending good thought for a speedy referral. I know the unknown-things can take up a lot of space.

❤️ 

• Like 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace