Forums are back in action! ×

DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

Wow...my post was behind the times!

Traveling is tough...the person who is traveling is kind of living in the moment and not always in control of the schedule. The person left behind is sometimes left to wonder and can feel left out. It's rough. Hope you can relax for the last bit of your trip and enjoy it.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I suck at communicating sometimes.  So does my fiancee.  The best thing we ever did was recognize that we both suck at it and started to make sure we clarified everything before taking offense to it.  Not sure if it'd help you two but it helped us loads.

Either way, I hope both that and your stomach get better soon.

• Like 3
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

*WOlfie lurks in because it's been a while and he's kinda embarrassed about it but he knows that DR still loves the monster he created*

Bro. Brother! Hi :)

Communication killed my marriage. Then, a year later, it, along with the Almighty power of God, it saved it.

You're not just a leader here but also in RL. There's a reason people flock to you and call you Commander. There's a reason a movement of Assassins started last summer and flooded up the Rangers. And now your riding dirty on a motorcycle? (Love the IG pics!) You're kind of a big deal. Own that shit dude. You'll get the communication down. Things like this just take some time.. you'll succeed at this like you have before and will continue to do so :)

W0lf

"Maximum Effort"

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Thank you very much everyone. It really means a lot to me.

It is Saturday, August 20th as I type this and my parents are visiting on their way back from their motorbike trip to Romania before going to the ferry in the afternoon. We went out for lunch and I've been waiting for that before drawing a line in the sand and doing my little respawn. I lost track of my cheat meals and alcohol, so since we're 2/3 into the month, I'm assuming I've used 2/3 of my variances, This leaves me with 3 servings of alcohol and 3 cheat meals until the end of the month.

I'm back home and enjoying my staycation. Feels like I really needed to take it easy, hang around, sleep plenty and spend a lot of time playing videogames. Who knew, right? I'm having great trouble focusing and doing anything remotely "serious", "adult" etc so I'm not really pushing it. Since I don't want things to fall apart completely either, I set up a little challenge where you probably wouldn't expect it. This Battle Log will still be my main focus and where I'll be tracking my food, workouts, finances etc. The challenge is more of a one-off bucket list of tasks to be completed and a place to socialize, as opposed to having a theme, goals and the building of daily habits.

• Like 10

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Sunday, August 21st

Nutrition: 1/3 servings of alcohol and 0/10 cheat meals

Workouts: Everything's still closed for summer and I'm itchy

Finances: Paid off some final bills, looks like we'll survive August and maybe have juuuust a little extra money on the side

• Like 7

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Monday, August 22nd

Nutrition: 1/3 servings of alcohol and 0/10 cheat meals

Workouts: Meant to do some NF Yoga for my sore back, but lost momentum when my mother called. We were on the phone for over an hour, but at least it kinda toned down the whole family drama, so I guess it's a win

Finances: Still within budget. Haven't kept up with my spending journal, but we do have a good idea of our monthly expenses already

• Like 6

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Tuesday, August 23rd

Nutrition: 2/3 servings of alcohol and 1/3 cheat meals

Workouts: Meant to do some NF Yoga for my sore back again, but lost momentum when my mother called again. This time we were on the phone for over an hour, then paused because SRLF called, then we were on the phone again for over an hour and a half. It was really emotional, but I can say the whole deal between me and my mother is practically settled now at last.

Finances: Pushing the limits as we're nearing payday, but it's actually not as bad as we expected.

• Like 7

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Wednesday, August 24th

Summary: SRLF called in sick and I took her to the hospital to see someone who turns out has a quite malignant form of cancer on several body parts. This of course set the mood for the day and we strolled around, talked stuff out and had lunch and coffee outside. I avoided a cheat meal and beer, but SRLF will be going out with her friends at night and I've planned to go for a drink with some of my Titansgrave buddies (remember that thing?) so I'll be hitting my alcohol limit tonight.

Nutrition: 2/3 servings of alcohol about to become 3/3. Cheat meals at 1/3

Workouts: I've been really itchy with my CF box and the Muay Thai dojo both closed. This is also affecting my nutrition consistency, mainly because CF kicks my ass so mercilessly it allows no room for error on eating/drinks. On the bright side, one of the SRLF's friends from Krav Maga has finally decided to give crossfit a try and reached out to me for advice. Of course, I jumped on the opportunity and this Friday I'll be training at that box with her, another lady from class and probably the Krav Maga coach as well. If nothing else, it's a nice one-shot. Training alongside familiar faces is a big plus and considering my upcoming box jump (pun intended) this one's almost as far as CF Pireaus that I've set my sights on, so I might even end up subscribing there.

Finances: Clutch are playing a big show here tonight. I've missed their previous shows and SRLF didn't enjoy herself last time due to bad company, alas our budget allows for one ticket at best. I opted out of claiming it for myself. Besides, if I wanted it so bad, I would have bought a ticket long ago.

• Like 10

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Boooo on having to miss Clutch - they have consistently sounded the same through the what? Almost 15 years (!)?I've been going to their shows.

They used to play seemingly all the time back when I lived in North Carolina. Clutch shows are interesting - full of people from all walks of life -- from toddlers rocking out to older people sitting and nodding their heads. Always an interesting time - and a safe time (as opposed to the pit-heavy agro metal shows I generally went to back in the day).

FWIW, I just saw mention of Rammstein (one of my bucket list bands) playing somewhere near me, and I'm going to have to skip this show too (had tix to one once; moved states the week before the concert) due to finance drama as well.

And glad to re-read the bit about the SRLF taking time off - sucks that a friend is going through that, but at first and second read, I thought it was her.

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 3

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

20 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This is also affecting my nutrition consistency, mainly because CF kicks my ass so mercilessly it allows no room for error on eating/drinks.

I experience this too. It's like getting in "fitness mode" makes you more aware of food choices and gives you fewer chances to derail.

Man I'm glad things settled between you and your mother. It's though when life gets between one and one's family, and I'm guessing living far away from your hometown does not make it easier

• Like 2

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

@darkfoxx it's not like I live in a place where big names visit often, so it's a shame but being with the SRLF and sticking to the financial budget is more important to me

@Agnarr I guess there's a more immediate and absolute consequence to the food choices during that time

@Xena appreciate it, but that wasn't the case. Take out the two ladies taking their first shot who did scaled exercises, I finished last.

Thursday, August 25th

Nutrition: 3/3 servings of alcohol, 2/3 cheat meals after lunch at the SRLF's place

Workouts: We meant to go for a swim since SRLF had a day off, but the weather was dreadful (of course) and we had to do a quick hospital run again to visit.

Friday, August 26th

Nutrition: 3/3 servings of alcohol, 2/3 cheat meals so far

Workouts: After a warmup of running drills, knees to elbows, pike pushups, lunges and squats, we did some Power Cleans to prepare

WOD

10 Power Cleans at 60% of 1RM (I used 40kg)

1 Pushup

Every round, decrease Power Cleans and increase Pushups by 1 until 1-10

Goal: Complete it before the time cap, I suppose

Result: Like I said, I made it even if I was the last one to do so

Intensity: 90% while pushing myself to go as unbroken as possible and take minimum breaks as short as I could. I was tempted to put a lower percentage because of course I'm not happy with my performance, but I had to remind myself that I haven't worked out for over a fourthnight. Crossfit, being merciless as it is, exposed my ring rust but also forced me to swallow my pride and take the result for what it is given the circumstances.

• Like 10

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Sunday, August 28th

Nutrition: Went out and had a burger for lunch. Wasn't mindful going out at night however and had a beer so I'm at 4/3 servings of alcohol, 3/3 cheat meals

Workouts: Contacted the Muay Thai dojo via Facebook and learned they were starting again Monday

Monday, August 29th

Nutrition: 4/3 servings of alcohol, 3/3 cheat meals

Workouts: First workout of the week and my first Muay Thai tryout. Coach has a reputation and apparently well worth it because he knows what he's doing and how. With him being a known activist too, the place has a lot of character to it and thankfully it's free from various character types who seem to have infested the combat sports scene. I was told to keep up at my own pace and actually did pretty good with that, thanks to an already decent state of conditioning. From what the coach said, this week he'll be stressing the fitness/aerobic part because of everyone returning from holidays.

The 2 hour class kicked off with about 10' of Jump Rope and I had to adapt to the old, heavy ones as well as doing it with bare feet. Next was a lot of running plus the usual arm/hand/shoulder warmup drills. What made these first two parts harder was the incense burning somewhere inside, not exactly what you want to breathe in when pulse goes up. We did plenty of stretching/mobility stuff next as well as a lot of bodyweight exercises. I was a little thrown off by the style and pace required, especially for pushups. Blame the crossfitter in me being typical with reps and range of motion, but I chose to do proper pushups. Moving onto the technical part, we learned to hold a proper fighting stance and how to throw jabs, hooks and uppercuts. Had to focus on making the shots longer than boxing (blame the movies) because as the teacher explained, in MT all punches are used from medium distance, if you get that close you switch to elbows, knees and grapples. We then did some left-right punch combos, then put some bodyweight reps between combos. As a goodbye gift, we were handed either a smack kick on the outer thigh or an ankle kick on the inner. Quite like eating a sneaky spicy food, the initial pain went away fast after a few seconds and just when I thought it wasn't that bad, the real pain registered. Ended up limping back home, struggling with stairs and expecting a bruise which oddly enough, hasn't appeared even as I write this the next morning.

Will I go there? Hard to tell, it's not like I know what MT is all about after one class, especially a class focused mainly on getting everyone back into shape. I know the location is convenient, I can afford it and the teacher/place/students are cool. I'm just not sure about the training itself. Maybe I'll be able to tell after some sparring or punchbag training.

• Like 11

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Give it a few more classes to decide. In my experience with martial arts (karate) it takes a few tries to fully catch the rythm, especially when comming from a vacation (due to classes focusing on conditioning rather that the fun stuff). As a Crossfitter you are used to dissconfort, so I'm guessing getting a few punches and kicks here and there won't be much of a problem to you, will they? ;)

• Like 2

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Tuesday, August 30th

Nutrition: Forgot about this during lunch, 4/3 servings of alcohol, 4/3 cheat meals

Workouts: Rest day. It is Wednesday noon as I type this and my calves are still sore. My left quad still hurts and I have trouble walking, meaning I probably won't be training tonight

15 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Give it a few more classes to decide. In my experience with martial arts (karate) it takes a few tries to fully catch the rythm, especially when comming from a vacation (due to classes focusing on conditioning rather that the fun stuff). As a Crossfitter you are used to dissconfort, so I'm guessing getting a few punches and kicks here and there won't be much of a problem to you, will they? ;)

Totally agree, except the final part. Crossfit has given me the mental toughness alright, but the physical part is completely different. Crossfit pain is entirely different from the physical pain of contact sports and receiving blows.

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

the physical part is completely different. Crossfit pain is entirely different from the physical pain of contact sports and receiving blows.

Oh, I know. I had my share of punches to the face, front kicks to the gut, low kicks to the knee... Nothing prepares you for the pain of highly accelerated hardened bones making sudden contact with your soft tissue. Not even crossfit (#masterrace). I just ment that, since you aready are a tough crossfitting sonofabitch, it won't be such a struggle to toughen up to Muay Thai stardards.

• Like 3

Wednesday, August 31st

Nutrition: Rough day and a near-breakdown brings me to 4/3 servings of alcohol and 5/3 cheat meals

Workouts: Walking around downtown was a struggle with the pain in my quad and calves, but it also helped stretch and warm them up. I had to skip training but feel marginally ok this morning, so I should be able to make it to Friday's class.

18 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Oh, I know. I had my share of punches to the face, front kicks to the gut, low kicks to the knee... Nothing prepares you for the pain of highly accelerated hardened bones making sudden contact with your soft tissue. Not even crossfit (#masterrace). I just ment that, since you aready are a tough crossfitting sonofabitch, it won't be such a struggle to toughen up to Muay Thai stardards.

True. The mind is strong but the body is weak. Although I prefer this than the other way around. I'll bite the bullet and harden up I suppose.

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

August recap: This feels like a complete collapse, however I feel that once I get everything down I'll have some perspective. Two major factors played into the whole things, holidays and stress. You would expect the two to work in opposite directions, but this was not the case. Stress comes from family communication issues, which of course affect my relationship. Fortunately those have been mostly sorted out by now. A secondary source of stress comes from all the things going on in the SRLF's life right now, where she's litterally taking heavy fire from all sides. Of course I don't blame her for it, but supporting her through it all certainly takes a toll on me as well, resulting in my nigh-tearful breakdown during the final day of the month. Holidays were cut short due to circumstance, but my staycation made up for it. The big issue there was that during the second half of the month, both my crossfit box and the muay thai dojo were closed. This meant no workouts and it consequently affected my nutrition. I'm not looking for excuses, I know I could have worked out on my own, gone for a run or whatever, I just didn't. All things into account, I think I did pretty well holding on. My eating could have been a lot worse, I did workout during the first half of the month and I resolved most of the family issues. Better take a few steps back than a whole mile, I guess. On a brighter note, I did the classes and got my motorcycle license. I tried out Muay Thai and it looks like I have a plan for my workouts during the coming months. We survived September on a financial level and now we have solid data on our monthly expenses, which should help plan ahead for the coming months.

Next up: September Slaughter

Where our hero undergoes rigorous physical training and receives regular heavy beatings as he attempts to explore the world of Muay Thai. Stay tuned for more nutritional struggles, financial balancing, a weird wrestling obsession and the occasional picture of Jabba the Cat!

• Like 9

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Sorry to hear you had such a stressy August. September Slaughter sounds epic. Looking forward to hearing all about you getting beaten up. :P

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I did the classes and got my motorcycle license. I tried out Muay Thai and it looks like I have a plan for my workouts during the coming months. We survived September on a financial level and now we have solid data on our monthly expenses, which should help plan ahead for the coming months.

Sorry you had a tough month, but all things considered I'd say this sounds like a pretty good outcome!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up