Forums are back in action! ×

So the last three years ... happened ...

I pretty much disappeared from these forums in the fall of 2018, shortly after Hurricane Florence savaged my edge of North Carolina and much of the rest of the East Coast. Massive home repairs and some remodeling, periods of depression, various family and companion animal health crises, work responsibilities, and wildly uncontrolled ADHD have occupied my time/life/mind since then. 

I completely lost the plot, fitness-wise,  when all the gyms closed in March of 2020.  Before that I was all Warrior all the time, lovin' them barbells. I tried a bunch of home workout stuff but struggled with consistency and boredom. In August of 2021 I finally found a bodyweight workout system that I really really like (GMB Elements) and have been sticking with it and making some fun strength gains. Also, I saw a provider today and got back on ADHD meds. So now I feel as though perhaps I have my head back in the game again, and if I'm going to do things I ought to be in community where I can create some accountability for myself and encourage and be encouraged. 

Current Major Life Goals: 

• Outline my novel
  • 10 strict pushups 
  • Remodel my master bath 
  • Train my new dog (she's awesome, really awesome, but she has some problematic reactivity issues on leash that will need consistent work)

Of course, since I mentioned my new dog I have to include this: 

Cassiopeia (Cassie)

IMG_2089.thumb.JPG.27d5ab350bba1a9a2b4db0b40315f9e7.JPG

• Like 5

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

Welcome back! 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 12/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome back to the forums, I remember you being here, and am glad you are back.

What he said.

Good to have you back, @Gemma:) 

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

Thank you for including Cassie. Best ears I've seen all day. I am trying to incorporate some of GMB's locomotion in my workouts, partly to ward off boredom. Mostly to just get more real-world functional.

• Like 1

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3