253b4376-2d89-4797-88f4-63eba93b0840_tex

• Haha 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

14 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I did lower body strength training for exactly ten minutes. It was horrible. I'm glad I did it. 

#DruidApproved

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I got my hair cut today. She always gets it so sleek and frizz free.  Spoilered for good hair picture

Spoiler

IMG_1358.jpg.b9e714e90224131101dc4104dc83886e.jpg

So sleek! So shiny! :D  It will never look like this again!

I'm pretty tired right now. I'm not sleeping well because Bert has been noisy at night. He's trying not to be, but he just IS. I'm a light sleeper, so I've been wearing ear plugs, but his voice cuts through everything, so if he's on the phone, it wakes me up. He slams doors shut, which wakes me up.  I had to ask him to be quiet twice this week, and after last night, I couldn't go back to sleep. Which isn't his fault, I have stupid hormones and stress keeping me awake once I am am awake, which is why it's so frustrating when he wakes me up. .  I finally did  go back to sleep for about an hour when Bert's alarm went off and woke me up.  I got some coffee and just let my folks know what was going on with me and went back upstairs to just chill out alone. I found out he is waking Dad up too, which explains why HE'S been so grouchy lately. Dad will never confront Bert about it.

Mom talked to Bert this morning about not slamming doors and said he woke her up so I didn't have to be the bad guy again. I appreciated that a lot. I'm going to try to get better ear plugs, and Bert has been quieter with the doors tonight.  Also, I've got a dresser with a large mirror in front of our shared wall and I am thinking about putting some cotton batting behind it to help muffle sounds between our rooms. I can get some on sale at Joanns for like 7 bucks. It can't hurt to try it for 7 dollars. 

The good news about Bert is he's getting more comfortable and relaxed around the house and with us, and we're getting more relaxed too. We're finally reaching that point where it's getting easier. I'm the most stressed out person now, and that's something I'm really trying hard to not do, but also not stress out about :D:D 

Challenge wise, I took today off, which is okay.  I did complete some parts of it, like making silly faces, and skin and oral care. But I skipped my screen time goals, exercising, and going for a walk to look up. I did rainbow grounding with the Finch App which is looking around the room for each color of the rainbow. I liked that.  What I would like  to do is rely on my challenge goals when I am stressed out to help manage the stress and be a break for me instead of feeling like something I have to do. That's a thought I'll have to practice until it feels more natural.

Below is a tree I can see out my window. This is the bottom half of the tree, it's already lost most of it's leaves on the top half. LOL It's going around topless! All these nude trees! It's just scandalous! Evergreens would never. :D:D 

IMG_1352.thumb.jpeg.a9752785260d9ad2e6a8cc2693e78fa4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Ooooooh! Your hair is absolutely lovely! 

thank yoooooou ( dramatic swishing and flipping)

Miss Piggy Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Sorry about the sleeping issues. Hopefully Bert will realise he is keeping people up and adapt his behaviour. 

He was a million times better last night. He’s not thoughtful, but he’s not a jerk either, y’know?  I figure he’ll forget a couple more times, and I’ll say “ you’re slamming doors” and he’ll say “oh! Sorry!” And it’ll get better.  whenI worked in student affairs, we talked a lot about teaching students to go from “me” thinking to “we” thinking.  not in that they have to be super citizens,  but just understanding their actions impact others . He’s learning that here with us. At least we give him muffins and cookies while he learns lol

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

At least we give him muffins and cookies while he learns lol

Excellent for conditioning! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I've got a dresser with a large mirror in front of our shared wall and I am thinking about putting some cotton batting behind it to help muffle sounds between our rooms.

It's not the most lovely of things, but I have a studio sound blanket (8'x9', hung from large nails in the wall for the grommets) in my bedroom along the shared wall with the neighboring apartment. It was worth every penny ($75-ish?) from amazon. I'm considering putting a "pretty" curtain on top, since it's just basic black. It's very effective.

What I would like  to do is rely on my challenge goals when I am stressed out to help manage the stress and be a break for me instead of feeling like something I have to do. That's a thought I'll have to practice until it feels more natural.

I like this thought as well. 

Evergreens would never. :D:D 

You made my little Druid heart smile, becuase yes, Evergreens would NEVER!!!

:) 

• Like 3

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

16 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Excellent for conditioning! 😁

beaker GIF

13 minutes ago, Heidi said:

It's not the most lovely of things, but I have a studio sound blanket (8'x9', hung from large nails in the wall for the grommets) in my bedroom along the shared wall with the neighboring apartment. It was worth every penny ($75-ish?) from amazon. I'm considering putting a "pretty" curtain on top, since it's just basic black. It's very effective.

My mother would not approve of this. But I am saving it for future reference!

I like this thought as well. 

💜

You made my little Druid heart smile, becuase yes, Evergreens would NEVER!!!

:) 

Oh Yeah Tree GIF by Andelson

💚💚💚

• Like 2

Love the haircut!  So beautiful!

I have the same issues with Qbert when he's home.  He's 21 now and still doesn't realize how loud he is and how disruptive it is.  It would be less of a problem if he wasn't awake all night long while real adults are trying to sleep.  I hope Bert catches on quickly and gets consistent at it.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

12 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Below is a tree I can see out my window. This is the bottom half of the tree, it's already lost most of it's leaves on the top half. LOL It's going around topless! All these nude trees! It's just scandalous! Evergreens would never. :D:D 

Certainly not! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

• Haha 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Love the haircut!  So beautiful!

I have the same issues with Qbert when he's home.  He's 21 now and still doesn't realize how loud he is and how disruptive it is.  It would be less of a problem if he wasn't awake all night long while real adults are trying to sleep.  I hope Bert catches on quickly and gets consistent at it.  

Me too!! Does Qbert catch on?  

Wreck It Ralph Reaction GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

Just realizing the fun in Qbert and Bert LOL. 

Retaliate Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

42 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Certainly not! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

💚🤣🌲  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting on the “You look lovely” train!! 

Craig Of The Creek Omg GIF by Cartoon Network

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

So sleek! So shiny! :D  It will never look like this again!

Hair is beautiful. Not being able to achive the same results ourselves is why we go to professionals. 

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Miss Piggy Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

It took me several rounds before I realized that was her HAND and not some monster going for her boob. 

15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

hinking about putting some cotton batting behind it to help muffle sounds between our rooms. I can get some on sale at Joanns for like 7 bucks. It can't hurt to try it for 7 dollars. 

Sounds like a good investment.

• Haha 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Getting on the “You look lovely” train!! 

Craig Of The Creek Omg GIF by Cartoon Network

Thank yoooooou! 

3 hours ago, Whisper said:

Hair is beautiful. Not being able to achive the same results ourselves is why we go to professionals. 

thats very true! She is very skilled!

3 hours ago, Whisper said:

It took me several rounds before I realized that was her HAND and not some monster going for her boob. 

WELL NOW I SEE THE MONSTER!! Thats so funny!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Me too!! Does Qbert catch on?  

Wreck It Ralph Reaction GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

Well he's home less often now so either so he tends to forget and go back to his dorm apartment habits by default.  

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Just realizing the fun in Qbert and Bert LOL. 

Retaliate Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

LOL  I had just realized that too when I was writing up my post :D 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1. Take three breaths- YES
  2. Take a step back from the mirror and look at myself.  Make silly faces. -YES
  3. Do ten minutes of strength training. - NO
  4. Reduce screen time by one hour. It's just a distraction.- I don't know.
  5. Remember to look up and around when I’m walking instead of looking down. - I didn't walk today!
  6. Practice oral hygiene and skin care every evening. - YES
  7. Reflect on something good that happened that day. OKAY!

Today Mom and I went to see the ballet company perform Peter Pan! It was really a nice time. We could follow along pretty well, being familiar with the story. My personal favorite bit was seeing ALL the little girls dressed up in sparkly dresses to see a BALLET. Several were twirling with delight.  That was fun. The ballet itself was not great for little kids, there were some scary bits and several small kids were carried out of the theater with their wailing cries echoing. Captain Hook had a boney hand with a disfigured pointer finger instead of a traditional hook, and all the adult characters wore masks that made them seem distant and creepy. There were odd choices made for a show that should've been more considerate of a younger crowd. I still really enjoyed it.  I don't think I'm a big ballet fan now, but it was great to try something new and share that with my mom.

Tomorrow I'll do a quick review and share what's going to change for week 2, and what will stay the same. That gives me the night to sleep on some ideas too and see if they still shine in the morning :D  I hope you had a great day!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

all the adult characters wore masks that made them seem distant and creepy

Ooooh this sounds like the kind of production I would love! I could see it being stressful for kids… that right there sounds like Return to Oz levels of potential art trauma, haha. 

• Like 1