22 hours ago, Harriet said:

The right mattress is a beautiful blessing. And I suppose a new job could be too, if it's the right one. Is this is one you were hoping for? 

Mattress is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so hopefully it proves to be the right one. I have 120 nights to sleep on it before I have to commit to keeping it, which is also nice.

This is...not exactly the job I was hoping for, but is a stepping stone to that one. I am going to work the front desk for now, while training for the job I really want (Farmland Preservation Coordinator and Recyling Manager) so that I am ready to do it for reals when the current FPCRM retires.

I am only a little sad to be leaving my current department. I really like my current boss, but unfortunately when I went to him and said "This is what I want to stay in your department" he couldn't promise to make it happen. Which is fair, as I appreciate him not stringing me on, but Mark decided he wanted me in his department and went out and created a new position to make that happen, and it feels pretty good to be pursued like that.

Did a few errands yesterday, went to my neighbor's last night. Was a bit worried my back wasn't going to like it, but didn't want to cancel since I skipped last week because of the vet appointment. Took ibuprofen before I went and managed to get her barn cleaned without any pain by moving slowly and carefully. But conked out pretty quick after, so nothing else done yesterday.

Slept pretty well in the guest room last night, but my back was still hurting some when I woke up. It's less severe pain, but I'm really over this. Took time to lay on the heating pad, which helped, but meant no Morning Prayer. Rolled Shadow attacks, one hit and boy did that pack a wallop. The Vampire missed with disadvantage, which is good. I'm going to have to do some Cure Wounds or something if I don't want to lose the precious few points I've managed to scrape together this week.

Today is all about class work - on my lunch break, after work. That stair stringer is calling to me to be cut, but I think I'm going to put that off until Saturday. I am running Forbidden Lands tomorrow, though, so I really do need to set aside some time to brush up on the prep I did two weeks ago.

• Like 7

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I like that your new boss went out of his way to create a space for you. This feels good and right.

I hope you are feeling better and that the mattress serves you well. When I was waiting on my latex topper, I slept with a rice sock in the small of my back and that helped, partly from the heat and probably partly from the support from the sock itself. Sending wonderful, restful energy your way.

From the Philosopher-Librarian Grimoire: take a sock (any size, preferably clean) and fill it with uncooked rice, any variety (pro tip: if you buy in bulk, this is a great use for the end-of-bag rice that is sometimes broken and you always wonder if it’s too stale to be good anymore). Tie off the end in a knot or with a piece of twine (adorn as you choose with ribbons or whathaveyou, as long as it’s not metal). Heat in a microwave for 30 or more seconds until it’s the level of warm-to-hot that you want. Place the sock on your sore spots. Reheat as needed. I always carry one in my suitcase when I travel.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

&Heidi

West-Marches Campaign Herb-Gatherer

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

On 9/26/2024 at 9:49 AM, Artemis Prime said:

I am going to work the front desk for now, while training for the job I really want (Farmland Preservation Coordinator and Recyling Manager) so that I am ready to do it for reals when the current FPCRM retires.

Just like when the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch made Jon Snow a steward so he could groom him for leadership. :)

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Heidi said:

I like that your new boss went out of his way to create a space for you. This feels good and right.

I think he is going to be a good boss. Maybe not to the level that Brandon has been, because that is a very high standard, but still good.

1 hour ago, sylph said:

Just like when the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch made Jon Snow a steward so he could groom him for leadership. :)

Hopefully not just like the Night Watch. But I kind of like the idea of using "white walker" as a code for difficult customer.

Hello, all. Not much to report from yesterday. I continue to feel a bit off this week and to just coast along. 

Good news things, though:

I called the electric company. My contact is still there and I left him a voicemail. Sending points!

I have been given my new job description and the pay raise is even nicer than I had worked out on my own. Starting date is tentatively October 21. It does mean another pay period before I get that sweet raise, but I was feeling a bit under the gun to get everything organized at my old job before leaving, so I don't actually mind having a little extra time to tie up loose ends.

My new mattress is being delivered today. The foam will be compressed, so not actually sure it'll be ready to sleep on tonight, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

Forbidden Lands tonight. I'm feeling a little flat, so a bit concerned I'm not going to bring enough energy to running the game, but maybe I'll sneak a nap in sometime today or find a second wind somewhere.

• Like 9

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Hopefully not just like the Night Watch. But I kind of like the idea of using "white walker" as a code for difficult customer.

Niiiiiiice. ;) 

Woohoo for raises and for time to close out the current position with dignity.

And hurray for a new mattress! 

I hope you get a nap and feel rested enough to enjoy the game this evening.

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

My new mattress is being delivered today. The foam will be compressed, so not actually sure it'll be ready to sleep on tonight, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

Woohoo!

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

Our mattress was a compressed foam one as well and it inflated? I am not sure if that is the right word? Right away and was perfectly sleepable that night. I hope yours is too. 

Congrats on the job news! And you did wonderfully running game tonight. Thank you for your energy and effort. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Heidi said:

I hope you get a nap and feel rested enough to enjoy the game this evening.

I did not get a nap, but I did get some downtime between work and gaming and my supervisor unexpectedly gifted me a caffeinated beverage at 3, which is when I was really feeling the drag, so second wind was acquired!

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Our mattress was a compressed foam one as well and it inflated? I am not sure if that is the right word? Right away and was perfectly sleepable that night. I hope yours is too. 

Yes, it said it could be 3 days before it was fully expanded, but could be slept on before then. So it may not have been completely done last night, but sleep on it I did and oh boy did it feel good to be back in my own room on a comfy mattress. I slept hard and for the first time in a week woke up feeling good.

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

And you did wonderfully running game tonight. Thank you for your energy and effort. ❤️ 

Thank you very much. You guys make it fun to do.

Friday report!

Had my meeting with Lori yesterday. Still some paperwork to do (it's county government, there is always paperwork to do) and she wants to double check with Brandon, who is on vacation until Tuesday, but my start date should be October 21. That means I can take the 11th off like I planned (probably could have taken it even if I had started on the 7th, but I didn't really want to take a day off my first week in a new job) and am taking a half day on the 4th to use up some comp time that won't transfer to the new department. Realized last night that this means I have already worked my last full week in Human Services. A bit sad about that, it is very important work and I was proud to be part of it for a time. But also excited about working in Planning, which is also important work, if not in quite the same way, and which has a much higher ceiling for me career-wise. So I'm letting myself be sad and excited and once more falling back on the wisdom of Winnie the Pooh.

winnie the pooh how lucky i am - Google Search | Pooh quotes, Winnie ... 

My admin supervisor took the news I was leaving very well, had a discussion with her about bosses and advancement opportunities and it's probably the best conversation I've had with her in the 3 years I've worked in her department. My D&A supervisor is also taking the news well and is very happy for me, but not at all looking forward to replacing me. I like her a lot, not just as a co-worker but as a friend, and I do feel a bit bad that I won't be helping her any more, but glad that I'm just transferring one floor down so we can still hopefully chat from time to time. And then she went out and bought the department caffeinated lemonades which was exactly what I needed because I was not going to make it through the rest of the workday, let alone game night.

Took it pretty easy after work, got my new mattress set up, read for a while. Was a little concerned the weather was going to affect my internet connection, but the wind died down and I had no problems. Had a good time running Forbidden Lands. My players are fantastic. From making an unexpectedly high roll to barter with the moat monster to realizing they were about to press the big red button and doing it anyways, they are fun to play with. And now I have two weeks to map out a castle of undead soldiers.

Slept on my new mattress last night and loved it. Got up a bit later than usual this morning, but no reason I couldn't. I have class in about 30 minutes, then a chill day. Cut my first stair stringer, call my uncle, do a bit of housework, then my sister is coming over later to bake cookies. And the Vampirate missed their last attack, so I got away with not going to the gym this week. It turns out taking a week to be gentle with myself while I was less than 100% has not completely derailed my challenge. Who knew?

• Like 10

I slept hard and for the first time in a week woke up feeling good.

I'm so happy the new mattress is working!

• Thanks 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

On 9/28/2024 at 9:28 AM, Artemis Prime said:

It turns out taking a week to be gentle with myself while I was less than 100% has not completely derailed my challenge. Who knew?

Level up, friend, because this is straight gold. When we’re lower level, momentum is our biggest, and at times, only ally. 

It takes mastery to be able to let the momentum rest and then start again.

Very impressed.

I am delighted by the work things, and am very happy you are fortunate enough to have things so wonderful that it’s difficult to say goodbye. Pooh is a great philosopher. Have you read The Tao of Pooh?

Speaking of delight, the way you and Sovalis talk about running a game, and then also in playing the game,  is delightful. Thank you for sharing. It’s helping feed my nerdy D&D soul.

I hope you’re having a slow restful day.

Hooray for good sleep!

❤️ 

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Well, my back is once more a bit unhappy with me. I suspect I was a bit too excited about feeling good on Saturday and overdid it. I didn't do too much in the morning, had class, read for a while, stayed in my pj bottoms until lunch (yay for zoom classes). Had a phonecall with a classmate helping him figure out the online stuff. Also called my uncle, so Sending points. But then went out in the afternoon and cut my stair stringer, which involved lots of hunching over, then hefted it into place to check the length (nailed it!). Still felt pretty good after that, went up to the house and baked cookies with my sister, then started working on a jigsaw puzzle, which is when my back really got unhappy. 

Sunday, my turn to be chalice-bearer at church, I was feeling a bit meh (think I might be fighting off a bug in addition to the back nonsense) but reading the forums and the sermon triggered some thoughts, so I had a good journalling session later. Mostly just lounged the rest of the day, lots of reading, some Critical Role, also got a decent chunk of housecleaning done.

Week 3 Goals Review:

On 9/23/2024 at 12:45 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Ordination - Just keep watching for psych eval news and make a more concentrated effort on class work. My head is way too fuzzy with my poor sleep lately to digest heavy theology, but I'm hoping to address that today.

Didn't make a whole lot of progress here this week, but treading water and feeling like I can gain ground this coming week.

Strength - Lower, upper, lower week. Think I am changing up my lower days, instead of doing heavy squats and deadlifts on the same day, think I will do squat/RDL one day and deadlift/lunge (or maybe reverse Nordic curls) on the other. Will need to ponder whether that means I am consistently doing 2 lower days (which means weeks with 2 upper days would have 4 workouts - not something I'm opposed to, but do need to consider the extra time commitment) or if I am okay with greatly reducing the frequency of my squats and deadlifts.

Didn't happen because of my back. 

Barndominium - Have my first stair stringer marked and ready to cut. I'm pretty sure I have it marked too long and will need to trim it down, but can't be certain until the cut is made, and better too long than too short. Goal this week is to get both stair stringers cut and installed. Plus calling the electric company guy since I didn't do that last week, and if I'm really motivated perhaps call my uncle as well to get his input on some things.

I cut one stair stringer, called the electric company and my uncle. Not bad for how I felt most of the week.

So all in all, not great, but could be worse. Feel like it was a conscious decision to pause my goals this week and still managed to accrue 167 points. Not much damage to the Vampirate, though I just realized that at level 5 I should have been doing 2d6 damage for Word of Radiance. Ah well, so it goes.

This week's goals:

Ordination: Need to reach out and follow up on my psych eval. Also need to seriously buckle down and do some class work.

Strength: Not sure what I'm going to do here, have a chiro appointment on Wednesday, so hopefully my back will be up for lifting in the second half of the week.

Barndominium: Really want to cut my second stringer and get both of them installed, but again this largely depends on how my back feels.

The plan:

Monday - rainy day, not going to do much, maybe some more cleaning tonight and some class work

Tuesday - class work at lunch, dinner with my sister

Wednesday - chiro appointment, probably going to my neighbor's

Thursday - maybe gym if the chiro is a miracle worker, either class work or barn work in the evenings

Friday - basically a carbon copy of Thursday, was originally going to be a half day to use up comp time, but I forgot my cat needs a booster shot, so need to call the vet and double check what day that is, will probably use my comp time then

Saturday - no plans, if it's nice hopefully lots of barn work, maybe some fence work

Sunday - church, then we'll see. I kind of like taking this as a full rest day but if it's a really nice day, I probably won't be able to resist doing a bit of barn work.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Heidi said:

Have you read The Tao of Pooh?

I have not, but it sounds intriguing. Will have to go look it up.

23 hours ago, Heidi said:

Speaking of delight, the way you and Sovalis talk about running a game, and then also in playing the game,  is delightful. Thank you for sharing. It’s helping feed my nerdy D&D soul.

Hopefully this fall I will make it into the local gaming venue for some in person play, but it's hard to be sad about playing online when I'm playing with such great people. My play-by-post players are at this moment discussing the mental health of an NPC and the level of empathy they have for an imaginary person is just...I'm not sure I have words for it. But whatever it is, this world could use some more of it.

• Like 5

cut my stair stringer … then hefted it into place to check the length (nailed it!).

Rock on! I’m sorry it got your back, but yay, getting the length just right is not a guarantee and you did it! Can you use this one as a guide for the next one?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Radost said:

Can you use this one as a guide for the next one?

Yeah, I was real tempted to screw it in place once I had it up, but I'll trace it on my second board first so that they match.

Back felt better as the day went on yesterday, then woke up a little sore again today, which is making me a bit trepidatious about my new mattress. Still, I'll get adjusted at the chiropractor tomorrow and then give it a couple weeks to see how the mattress holds up when my back starts out good.

Got my psych eval scheduled for November 15, so there's Ceremony points. That was about all I did yesterday, though. The house is getting real cluttered again, which always affects my ability to be productive. I've been slipping stuff out one at a time, but I think it's time for a harder push.  I thought my mom was on the verge of a big cleanout on her own, but it seems all she's really done is rearrange the piles, so Turn Undead is a big priority this week.

Today I think I'm going to go to the gym on my lunchbreak. Should be able to do some shoulder and arms, but even if I just do a little stretching and leave again, the important thing is that I don't want to lose my habit of going.

Realized I haven't done any narrative in a while, so here we go.

Artemis Prime grimaced, shifting her feet slowly to maintain her stance without straining her back. She was keeping the Vampirate at bay, but she needed to do better than that if she was going to have an opening to go get help. Hefting her mace, she advanced once again, determined to finish this.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

My play-by-post players are at this moment discussing the mental health of an NPC and the level of empathy they have for an imaginary person is just...I'm not sure I have words for it. But whatever it is, this world could use some more of it.

Buddhists would call it compassion and they agree that the world needs more of it.

Slip Monk GIF by The Roku Channel

The house is getting real cluttered again, which always affects my ability to be productive.

I absolutely hear you on this.

I am very aware of my environment, and clutter-noise affects me, too. I hope you get some nested space and peace. Sending Turn Undead boosts your way.

the important thing is that I don't want to lose my habit of going.

Hard agree. Showing up is the win.

I had a thought on my walk this morning that your new job start date serendipitously coincides with the next challenge start date. 

Not that this matters, it's just kind of a delightful happenstance. 

Please be gentle with your back as it adjusts to the new, now-supportive mattress. As in life, we bend ourselves to the less-supportive ways to the point that new now-supportive features are uncomfortable and strange.

?

• Like 4

&Heidi

Spoiler

On 10/1/2024 at 10:30 AM, Heidi said:

I had a thought on my walk this morning that your new job start date serendipitously coincides with the next challenge start date. 

Not that this matters, it's just kind of a delightful happenstance. 

I had not realized that (probably because I tend to skip over Zero Week and dive right in) but it is a nice bit of serendipity. 

On 10/1/2024 at 10:30 AM, Heidi said:

As in life, we bend ourselves to the less-supportive ways to the point that new now-supportive features are uncomfortable and strange.

I had considered that - the problem is not the mattress, we just need to adjust to each other. I did sleep pretty well without pain last night.

Tuesday Report 

Did a workout at lunch. Actually went ahead and did my full as-scheduled workout, minus one set of RDL. Was a little afraid I had overdone it, but slapped some liniment on which helped and actually felt better than I had in a while. Lends credence to the theory I had been developing that part of the problem may be insufficient movement, rather than too much. I have my chiro appointment at 2:30 today, and then hopefully it will be smooth sailing ahead.

Continuing to slowly accrue points, and thanks to yesterday's attack, the Vampirate's hp is now in the single digits. Will get Aid and Bless points today, and hopefully tomorrow between the workout and Morning Prayer I will finish this thing off.

Have not been getting my Light point, and have been pondering on it. Firstly - I have been doing chores and making it to work on time, so does the Light point matter? Yes, partly for discipline and follow-through - if I said was going to get up by 6:15, I would like to get up by 6:15 (could be solved by saying I would get up by 6:30) and partly because I have been doing an abbreviated Morning Prayer and would like to transition back to the full liturgy in the next challenge. And lastly because if I move my get up time to 6:30, there's an excellent chance I'll start pushing it to 6:45, and then I really will be in danger of not making it out the door on time.

So, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do yet (have some ideas, but would like to let these thoughts percolate a little more as they are feeling productive and like some deeper ideas may be bubbling up with them) but reclaiming my Light point is officially a battle that I am not ready to wave the white flag on. 

• Like 8

Wednesday Report:

Chiropractor fixed me up pretty good, although I woke up again this morning with my back tight. I'll make back stretches a higher priority (whoo Cure Wounds points!) and give it a month or so, then make another appointment if necessary.

Went over to my neighbor's after work and got her pool covered and grass mowed. Chiro recommended I put some heat on my back to try to prevent the muscles from tightening back up, so I laid down on the heating pad after I got home and conked right out, so nothing else done. Still, 30 points for Aid and Bless.

Thursday - Word of Radiance finished off the Vampirate this morning, so I am now 536 points away from levelling up! Will go to the gym at lunch today, then after work need to do some basic farm chores (fill the trough, clean the chicken coop, groom my horse) and would like to trace my second stair stringer. I am taking a half day tomorrow, so would like to have that ready to cut. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad the chiropractor helped.

Me too, my back is still trying to tighten up on me now and then, but I can stretch it back out myself. Thinking things will be fine as long as I'm mindful of it. I think I just let it get to the point where it was so tight I couldn't stretch it out myself. I had a little extra time at the end of my workout yesterday, so I hung on the bar until my lower back popped and it felt glorious.

Thursday Report - 

Had a good workout yesterday. Was careful with rows to not overdo the back work, but I think I might try adding weight to the bench next week. Although I'm debating trying to add a rep instead. I'm very much looking forward to having the 1.25lb plates, but that's a reward for another challenge. On OHP, my right shoulder is definitely doing more than half of the work, so I might switch to DBs to correct any imbalances, at least for the higher volume day.

After work, I got the chicken coop cleaned, groomed my horse, scrubbed and filled the trough, and got my stringer ready to cut. 

Today - leaving work at noon. Plan is to get the stringer cut and the bottom anchor prepped. Maybe, depending on how long that takes and how motivated I am, get the hung too, but we'll see how things go. Fenceposts still aren't budging and trimmer hasn't arrived yet, but might take the loppers around and cut out any woody stuff. Maybe exercise my horse. Class work needs to happen as well.

Have been making progress clearing off the dining room table, so Turn Undead points will be rolling in as well.

• Like 7

Look at you go! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday Report - 

A very good day. Spent the afternoon working around the farm - got my stair stringer cut and the anchor posts cut with holes dug, exercises and groomed my horse, did some fence work, and still had time to read a couple chapter of The Hobbit. I like my job and am excited about the new position, but I'd really be quite happy if I was in a position to just work on my farm every day.

Looked at horses in the evening, which I knew was a bad idea since I'm not ready to actually bring one home yet. Found a black Quarter Horse at 14.3 hands named Boone who I fell in love with almost immediately. Might whale away on fence posts for a while today and see if I can't get some progress going there. I need to get them out before someone else buys Boone!

Also discovered a gorgeous piece of property for sale near me and once again made a plug on discord for a NF commune. One of these times they're gonna go for it, I just know it.

Saturday:

Off to a good start this morning. Chores done, prepped for class, breakfast eaten. Going to lift at 9, then class at 10, then hang stair stringers at 11. Pause for lunch, then get back to completing the staircase and fence work. I am a bit behind on my class readings, but far enough along to get through class today and then it's reading week, so I'll put some real effort into catching up, since I have to turn my Reading Log in at the end of the week. Rain predicted for tomorrow, but if the staircase gets done today, that means the next phase of the work in inside, so weather stops being such a limiting factor.

• Like 10

Seems like you're on a real roll this week, including rolling with challenges like your back. 

I still love that you're reading The Hobbit to your horse. Whereabouts in the story are you?

Wishing you speedy stair stringing so you can thumb your nose at the rain.

• Thanks 1