16 hours ago, RES said:

Oh yes, please do! I used to make a version that had noodles in it, was different than traditional broccoli cheese soup but really yummy. Just realized it's been over 20 years since I made it and I wonder if I still have the recipe now 🤔

It was really good! It was a Betty Crocker recipe with an additional half cup of cheese, and also onions and garlic added to it. 

• Like 2

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

Today I stuck to my schedule, and I'm here to tell you, I love the schedule!! It's working really well for me right now. Let's see how the rest of the week goes, but I have high hopes for it. I'm embracing waking up early and just get some work done before I run downstairs for morning coffee and breakfast with the folks. Then I clean something for an hour, exercise for an hour, then I have an hour to practice spanish, ukulele, and piano. Then lunch, and either afternoon errands or more working with a break for an afternoon walk. Today is an errand day, which is perfect because I did a lot of work yesterday and my hands are tired, so this is a good break from the repetitive actions. 

YAY!!!

Weighed in at 229 today and we're just looking forward now, friends. Straight ahead. I'm going to end this year under 225 pounds. Let's do this!Sport Boxing GIF by Joko GIFs

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

The goals:  Lose 80 pounds and Lower BP and IOP.

The plan: Eat a heart healthy diet and exercise more

Accountability: Weekly weigh-ins with the crew, checking BP daily and IOPs at eye doctor appointments

Starting Weight: 245

Spoiler

May 29- 241.8

June 5-   239.4

June 12- 239.4

June 17- 238

June 25- 236.6

July 3- 237.5

July 10- 236.2

July 17- 235.2

July 24- 232

July 31- 231.6

August 7- 233.4

August 14- 233.4

August 20- 230.9

August 28-230.6

September 4: 231

September 11-230.3

September 18- 227.3

September 25-227.3

October 1-229.5

October 9-228.3

October 15-225.2

October 31- 226.5

November 9- 229.5 

November 27-230

December 4- 227.8

December 9- 225.6

December 16- 223.8

December 23-226.5

December 31- 229

January 8- 225.5

January 14-225.5

January 22-227

January 28-230

February 5- 226.5

February 11- 224.5

February 18- 226

March 4-   228

March 10-226

April 1- 227

April 8- 230

Goal Weight: 165

• Like 3

I felt like I needed a fresh start so I bumped up my weight loss tracking and changed my battle log link so we're more up to date now :)  I've been slacking off checking my BP and that's the one thing I really should be tracking consistently, so it's good to have that reminder again!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AwayLifter said:

How’s the piano going.?

I recently started back on the end the guitar after a 15 year absence. 

OMG It's so slow going! Songs I've memorized are coming back to me, but I found myself looking at the music and thinking "crap, what is that note again?"  and I had to kinda march down the keys to find it like I did when I was a kid. LOL. But I also feel like when you have dinner with an old friend and it's really great to see them again...

How is the guitar? do you feel something similar? Omg guitar would literally be painful too, getting those callouses back on your fingers...

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

47 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

OMG It's so slow going! Songs I've memorized are coming back to me, but I found myself looking at the music and thinking "crap, what is that note again?"  and I had to kinda march down the keys to find it like I did when I was a kid. LOL. But I also feel like when you have dinner with an old friend and it's really great to see them again...

How is the guitar? do you feel something similar? Omg guitar would literally be painful too, getting those callouses back on your fingers...

Similar for me. I bought a couple of guitar books and spend 5 minutes each time on scales. Then practice songs.

I remembered the chords and a lot of progressions.

Hopefully it doesn’t become an ornament again 💀

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AwayLifter said:

Similar for me. I bought a couple of guitar books and spend 5 minutes each time on scales. Then practice songs.

I remembered the chords and a lot of progressions.

Hopefully it doesn’t become an ornament again 💀

Yeah! You got this! We’ll be back in the groove in no time. Or a lot time. As much time as it takes 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Today is my birthday! I’m going out to dinner with my folks today, and hitting the pause button to enjoy the day.  

Have an amazing day! 🥰

Happy Birthday GIF by Mumbai Indians

• Thanks 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

53 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Today is my birthday! I’m going out to dinner with my folks today, and hitting the pause button to enjoy the day.  

Have an amazing day! 🥰

Happy Birthday!!!!

• Thanks 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Woo!  Happy Birthday!

Birthday-surprise GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Mom and I completed the Thanksgiving shopping. I am very happy everyone is bringing a dish because our fridge is full! How do people prepare everything on their own? It seems bonkers.  We will be having 11-17 people, if my cousins can make up their minds lol. They never can give a straight answer about whether they’re coming or not.  We’re planning for them to arrive and I am hopeful we’ll be pleasantly surprised by their absence. 😉.  if they come, we’ll have plenty of wine, so either  way, it’s good. 

I had a very nice birthday yesterday! My folks gave  me an electric kettle and it was so nice for making tea this morning! My brother stopped by too and gave  me a cozy pair of socks and  a crochet pattern book and request I make the gorilla for my nephew lol. So thats my first project! We went to Olive Garden  for a very mediocre meal surrounded by loud, annoying people, but I was happy that we went out and didn’t have to cook and clean up after dinner and we had fun anyway. I feel like we’re getting really good at “ having fun anyway”  and I love that development for us. 🎉🥰

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

How do people prepare everything on their own? It seems bonkers.

It is, the key is to start days ahead of time and put it all together so all that's needed is to cook/heat everything up the day of, and make the homemade rolls :)  which taste better when made the day of.

Glad to hear the birthday was good and enjoyable in spite of mediocrity in the food and atmosphere. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

With a spreadsheet, natch.  B)

Also, I usually have cold weather here in Minnesota (especially in Duluth) and can use the garage as a very big refrigerator.  

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

10 hours ago, RES said:

It is, the key is to start days ahead of time and put it all together so all that's needed is to cook/heat everything up the day of, and make the homemade rolls :)  which taste better when made the day of.

Glad to hear the birthday was good and enjoyable in spite of mediocrity in the food and atmosphere. 

Yeah, in the younger years, I remember my mom prepping for Thanksgiving starting the Sunday before and it was all week. Now she does a lot of cooking on Wednesday and just does the stuff that won't reheat well on Thursday and the family all brings enough that it's just a lot easier for everyone.  It's a lot less stressful. 

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

With a spreadsheet, natch.  B)

bhX5VuO.jpg

I outsource the baked goods.  :D

This is awesome! Also, your menu sounds delicious! We need to discuss this baked squash casserole. 

2 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Also, I usually have cold weather here in Minnesota (especially in Duluth) and can use the garage as a very big refrigerator.  

We do this too!!! This year it's supposed to be 28F and we're like "YES! Garage becomes a fridge year!"  :D 

• Haha 1