Forums are back in action! ×

One of my adolescent dreams came true today. I finally got a pony! Hatched a Ponyta at lunch. Haha :) 

• Like 6

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

3 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I think that only works if you can land the poke ball in inner circle. So I'll usually go for a medium circle and hope my aim is lucky.

Purely anecdotal, but it seems to help. Though a hit inside the big circle also seems to help...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Weak mons are definitely escaping at a much higher rate.  I made a special trip to the park to get charmanders and most of em broke a few ultra balls and ran off.  I've also noticed mons do a lot more jumping and lunging during combat, making even good throws miss more often.  On the upside, evolved mons seem to be appearing a lot more frequently and I think they've gotten easier to catch.  A ninetails appeared at the park this evening and a bunch of nerds went stomping into the woods to look for it.  In the dark.  I sat that one out.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

7 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

Niantic is definitely going to have a problem with player retention if they don't change how they are doing things. And that is on top of it being harder to retain players who jumped on board because of all the hype (when the hype starts dieing down).

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On Tuesday, August 02, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Jonesy said:

Anyone else notice that lower CP pokemon have become hard to catch since the update? Maybe it's just me but I just wasted 5 poke balls on a low CP Pidgey that broke out of every one and then ran away before I could run away. 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/m0WUIe0

• Like 2

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Vacation's over. Made it to level 13 in the 3 days I had in Myrtle Beach. It was nice having an amusement park with 10 pokestops right across the street. Especially since the amusements didn't open until 4 and the park was always open to foot traffic.

I chose team blue.

• Like 2

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I officially have all 3 starter pokemon! Started with Charmander, caught a Bulbasaur at the Drive-in, and got a Squirtle from a 5k egg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm team blue, been playing when I have extra time, so I've only made it to level 15 or so even though I joined within a few days of it being open. I've some friends who play too and we're trying to set up a day trip to a local lake where there's lots on pokemon hanging out.

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

I did two lucky eggs worth of non-stop evolving last night and jumped from lvl 15 to lvl 20. I was feeling like a freaking boss, but then noticed that all (well, okay, most) of the shitty Pidgeys and Weedles have higher CP since the level jump and it's just not worth the resources/effort/time to catch them anymore.

Do Pokémon with CP under 50 still spawn relatively often when your trainer lvl is over 20? Or do you just have to stock up on Great/Ultra balls just to use on the trash Pokémon that are now harder to catch?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Naxius said:

Do Pokémon with CP under 50 still spawn relatively often when your trainer lvl is over 20? Or do you just have to stock up on Great/Ultra balls just to use on the trash Pokémon that are now harder to catch?

I'm level 20, and under 50 CP is definitely less common, but not rare. I think the average I've been running into is around 100 CP, which is totally catchable with a regular poke ball.

I don't consider them trash pokemon cause I can still catch a bunch and have an evolution party. Those zubats on the other hand...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm level 20, and under 50 CP is definitely less common, but not rare. I think the average I've been running into is around 100 CP, which is totally catchable with a regular poke ball.

I don't consider them trash pokemon cause I can still catch a bunch and have an evolution party. Those zubats on the other hand...

Zubats and Spearows, tho Spearows are a lot easier to catch.  What they evolve into will never be part of my top 6, so what is the point?  Maybe if I find a perfect IV one I suppose.  Save balls instead for the rare ones and the 12-25 candy evolutions.  I always kick myself after throwing a dozen balls at a mediocre Zubat.

I'm level 23, about 1/3rd of the commons are 100 or less.  They are pretty evenly distributed.  I still find a few 10-20 CP Pokémon a day, they are always simple to catch.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Put me in for Team Instinct. Pokemon GO's Third Party.

13876443_10153627783311965_7991245419998

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Zubats and Spearows, tho Spearows are a lot easier to catch.  What they evolve into will never be part of my top 6, so what is the point?  Maybe if I find a perfect IV one I suppose.  Save balls instead for the rare ones and the 12-25 candy evolutions.  I always kick myself after throwing a dozen balls at a mediocre Zubat.

I'm level 23, about 1/3rd of the commons are 100 or less.  They are pretty evenly distributed.  I still find a few 10-20 CP Pokémon a day, they are always simple to catch.

Where do you see IV?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Machete said:

Where do you see IV?

It has to be estimated/calculated from CP, HP, position on the arc, and candy req to power up.  They are 3 hidden values that differentiate each Pokémon, that sticks with them through evolutions.  The better the IV's, the stronger they can be.  Perfect sets (15, 15, 15) are quite rare (more common from eggs than wild caught I think).

• Like 1

currently cutting

don't panic!

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:02 AM, zeroh13 said:

Maybe when they've plateaued the gyms will be somewhat competitive again? The ones at the university I work at are insane. I can't do anything against a 1600+ pokemon. And no matter how much I level up, they've leveled up exponentially more than me!

I'd like to know when nearby/tracking is going to be fixed. Right now it's like, here's a list of pokemon in your general vicinity, maybe you'll stumble across them, but probably not. Walking around for half an hour with nothing to show for it is a great way to drain any motivation to keep playing.

Gyms changed dramatically for me when I got a couple of good fighters.  My pair of Vaporeans can slice through practically any gym that isn't a super high level.  Even when I only had 1, I could always win 1-2 battles with my top 6, even against super strong gyms.  Then with time, any gym can be taken.

currently cutting

don't panic!

10 hours ago, Waldo said:

Gyms changed dramatically for me when I got a couple of good fighters.  My pair of Vaporeans can slice through practically any gym that isn't a super high level.  Even when I only had 1, I could always win 1-2 battles with my top 6, even against super strong gyms.  Then with time, any gym can be taken.

I can take on a few rival gyms now. Generally the ones that are hotly contested so they'll never have more than a few and they aren't usually more that 500 CP above my highest (1200). But now I'm coming across more and more gyms where they have two or three over 2000 CP pokemon stationed. I saw one gym with a 3000+. No way I would stand a chance against that one.

Around here, a good 50% of the gyms are high level, and roughly 25% are super high level.

• Like 1

Anyone here part of the test area for the new tracking system? From what I've seen online it looks interesting, seems to make more sense than the footstep system while maintaining the treasure hunt vibe.

In other news, I may have found a Pikachu nest nearby. Report to come soon.

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

17 hours ago, Machete said:

Where do you see IV?

You can't actually see it in game although I think there are things you can install to actually see the values in the script. I've been using the Silph Road Pokemon rater personally (you enter the stuff you can see on your pokemon, CP, stardust cost to level and HP) and it gives you your estimated IVs.

Find here:

https://thesilphroad.com/research

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Last weekend I did a lucky egg and walked along the riverfront and evolved all the things. I had been saving up candies/pokemon so I evolved 9 new species, hatched 2 eggs, and caught 1 new pokemon (11 new pokemon total) and hit a bunch of pokestops too. The half hour went way too quick. Went from lvl 15 (nearly at level 16) to a lvl 18.

Well worth it. I would recommend this method to anyone if you have a 10k egg or two about to hatch to save up some evolves and do this.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Walking and spinning pokestops, I fell down some unlit stairs the other night and twisted my ankle.  The car was a quarter mile away.

When I crawled over to my dropped phone, it informed me I'd just hit lvl 26.

That's nice.  I think I'm done chasing pokemon for a while.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.