Harriet's Peaceful Astral Drift

4 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

There is no reason to let that stop you from going for the eyes of your enemies. It's somewhat challenging while backstabbing, but it can absolutely be done, and is quite satifying.

I seldomly play as a backstabber. I prefer the "honourable" approach.*

743fd19b-a57a-4a19-aa22-dfb335f74bde_tex

* Ghost of Tsushima was the exception. Can't be the Ghost - or win - if you fight like an honourable samurai vs opponents who use every trick in the book. 😇

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

There is no reason to let that stop you from going for the eyes of your enemies. It's somewhat challenging while backstabbing, but it can absolutely be done, and is quite satifying.

Backstab eyeballs... from behind? But how?

6 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I seldomly play as a backstabber. I prefer the "honourable" approach.*😇

For me it's all about the gameplay. I spent a lot of time sneaking and throat cutting in Skyrim because Skyrim rewards that sort of behaviour. But I also like running up to enemies and frontstabbing them. 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Did a somatic therapy via zoom. It didn't go well because zoom wouldn't open so I wasted ten minutes on that before the therapist just called by phone. She had only scheduled half an hour, so we did about 25 minutes after the late start. It was okay talking by phone but not ideal. She had some good ideas. 

I slept badly so the rest of the day was one short walk and then just BG1. I'm torn between the kind of class I want and the kind of sprite (the in game figures with different appearances) that I want. Dilemma. 

• Like 6

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Backstab eyeballs... from behind? But how?

The same way one would throat-slit from behind. Long arms and lots of silence ;) 

• That's Metal 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

Did a somatic therapy via zoom. It didn't go well because zoom wouldn't open so I wasted ten minutes on that before the therapist just called by phone. She had only scheduled half an hour, so we did about 25 minutes after the late start. It was okay talking by phone but not ideal. She had some good ideas. 

been there. Sucks losing talk time but I still prefer it over the 60 mins of commuting round trip. 

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

i slept badly so the rest of the day was one short walk and then just BG1. I'm torn between the kind of class I want and the kind of sprite (the in game figures with different appearances) that I want. Dilemma. 

last time I BG1’d, i did a Druid and I didn’t mind the sprite options for the class. 

• Like 1

Level 38 [TBD]

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

The same way one would throat-slit from behind. Long arms and lots of silence ;) 

I'm visualising this, with really long fingers going for the eyes and just taking them out.

11 hours ago, Laghail said:

been there. Sucks losing talk time but I still prefer it over the 60 mins of commuting round trip. 

Oh, that's a long trip. I can take a 15 minute walk to mine, which is much better.

11 hours ago, Laghail said:

last time I BG1’d, i did a Druid and I didn’t mind the sprite options for the class. 

Depends on the race. I like the humans in heavy or light armour, and the elves in the thief or mage sprites. The Dwarves look great in anything. I don't love the elf fighter sprites, which includes the druid sprite. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Today I did a walk and some packing and tidying and BG1. Things are okay. Off to France tomorrow. 

• Like 7

I hope you have a great trip and that it is the ideal balance of stimulating and restful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I hope you have a great trip and that it is the ideal balance of stimulating and restful. 

A lovely blessing, thank you!

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Hope you have a lovely holiday. 

Thank you, Sea!

1 hour ago, Mistr said:

What will you get to see in France?

Cassis is on the Côte d'Azur, near Marseilles. It has lovely cliffs that the impressionists liked to paint, and we are near the sea. There are charming little villages, like Aix en Provence, that can be reached by car. But I will mostly rest and look at the trees and water and cliffs. 

23 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Have a great time in France!

Thank you, Ever! 

There's no specific internet at the house, only whatever my phone has, so I may drop in just briefly to say hello. I'm not really sure how much internet data my phone has. Probably plenty for browsing but not videos?

• Like 8

Enjoy your time in France!!! 👍

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Enjoy! 

On 4/18/2024 at 7:58 PM, Harriet said:

There's no specific internet at the house, only whatever my phone has, so I may drop in just briefly to say hello. I'm not really sure how much internet data my phone has. Probably plenty for browsing but not videos?

It should be the same everywhere within the EU.